Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC:Operation Altered Perceptions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
cheezypoof714
Hope everyone likes the setup.If you would let's have everyone check in.
Bob,Fafnir,Jacob,Roulette,Savage,and sorry,but I forgot the deckers name.
Karayan
This is Roulette.

And the decker's name is Fever wink.gif
cheezypoof714
How goes it?Long day at work,huh?I think the forums will be easier to keep track of what's going on.I was starting to get a tad cofused myself.Are you going to do an IC tonight.

I was hoping the GM would get back with me before he went on his camping trip.The Lone Star ruse depends on those uniforms.I suppose we could always go with the old private investigator trick but that may be harder to pull off without the visual aid that the uniforms would give us.
Karayan
Very long day, but at least I can get some rest now. I'm going to do a quick IC post, and then more tomorrow. Roulette wants to get something cleared up and then I can form a more coherent post once I see what comes up there.
yojimbo187187
[COLOR=green]savage checking in. i like this layout, it'll work for me.

yojimbo
Jacob.
I new to this,looks good , you will here more from me later but the troll's here
yojimbo187187
i'm all about a solid plan but i think we need to get the ball rolling. the cop suit will work, maybe a plan b of gunfire will do. my character is paranoid so he's going to keep making suggestions until a plan is decided on. and even then he will probably grumble a little. i think we've got a good plan, let's run with it and see what happens.

yojimbo
Karayan
Working on a post. Roulette's going to go with the idea of tricking him to come along with her. Backups being the cop ruse or breaking in, whichever seems best at the time if it comes to it. Anything aggressive will be a last resort, because part of the job is avoiding that.
Karayan
Roulette will still make a call about comm devices if no one else would have a better chance. She has a level 1 contact to call on that, so if someone has a level 2, that could be a better bet.

Microtransceiver: Rating X 1,000 nuyen.gif
Subvocal Mic: 500 nuyen.gif (Though having one isn't imperative right now unless you're going to be one of our actors.)
Transceiver: Rating X 500 nuyen.gif (Much more noticeable, but cheaper.)

Phones can be a fallback, but they won't be as quick naturally.
cheezypoof714
I have a level two fixer.I'll see if he can get the communications equipment.I'll post a little later tonight hopefully IC.If not early tommorow.
Karayan
Great biggrin.gif Roulette's level 2 who might have a comm on hand is way up in Everett and she already needs to go the other direction to grab her gear. Plus, the guy's likely to have pricier models, if he has anything.
chunky04
Bob here, hows it going folks.
Jacob.
Looks like the plans set ,I don't have a phone but i'll ask fried fixer level one if he can get me one. no money for a com link as yet(sorry) .Have to stick with someone you can talk to .Don't have any weopons on me and it's along way to the barrens and back by bus might make things to tight so if i'm the police might need to borrow a pistol as a prop.
Jacob.
Is my Bouncer contact working any were near to the dorm? If so it might be worth giving him a ring to get us into his club and stop anyone else following
cheezypoof714
Jacob,don't forget about the 1000 nuyen the Johnson gave us as a down payment. That along with your 3d6 of starting nuyen should be enough to get the comm equipment.If not Zane may loan you the needed amount.With interest of course. wink.gif
Jacob.
I did so that's nuyen.gif 2300 is that enough wobble.gif
Karayan
Jacob: You could get a Rating 2 Microtransceiver for 2,000 nuyen.gif and if someone loans you 200 nuyen.gif as Zane offered, you'd have the 500 to get a subvocal mic too:) If you don't want to spend all the money you have on hand, Rating 1 will have a lesser range, but should be doable for this run. You can also upgrade it later when you like, instead of buying a new device. According to the book, to do that would mean paying the cost difference and making an Electronics B/R test. There are a few on the team who could help you out on the B/R if need be.

The matter of actually locating Jason has been bothering me and I finally thought of something else that could help us out. Bob, could you summon a watcher spirit or two and send them to track him? We have that photograph, so Bob can visualize what he looks like.
Jacob.
Thanks guy's and girls, Rating 0ne is good with sub vocal mic . I think savage or Razer should have the b/r skills needed to upgrade later. Summoning watcher spirits doesn't take to long and can do more than trace and report it's a good idea to look them up they can come in handy if your out for the count and want some one to come and save you cool.gif
chunky04
Actually, I'd suspect that in a dorm each room would need to be warded for privacy reasons. My old group does play that a normal spirit can take a shortcut through the metaplanes to get through a ward, but it takes longer and there's a small chance the spirit will get whacked en route, but watchers don't even have that option.
Karayan
I'm not well versed on wards, but from what little I do know, would warding every dorm room at a university be a huge undertaking, and one that continually needed renewing?

Just in case, perhaps Bob could be one of those going up with Savage, check for wards, and then send some watchers out if things look okay?
chunky04
Yeah it would be, but it does probably have FAT bacteria or something, some sort of astral barrier to prevent astral perverts. Hey it is a college dorm full of the magically active, as if they don't exist.

They could be single sex dorms, in which case it could just be the outside of the building that's warded, or it could just be that students are responsible for warding their own rooms as part of their studies.
Karayan
I misunderstood, I thought you meant something along the lines of the entire campus having wards up smile.gif If Jason's in his dorm, the team knows the room. I'm more concerned about finding him if that's not where he is, since the J hadn't much to offer about where he'd be in the evening.
cheezypoof714
Here is what Zane needs from his contacts:
4 Lone star uniforms(Level 2 Lonestar cop,Max)4 dice
Police I.D. or similar(Level 2 Lonestar cop,Max)4 dice
Any info on Kimura or Minobe.Background check,etc.(Level 2 Lonestar cop,Max)5 dice
20 Gel rounds for sniper rifle.(Level 2 Fixer,Arden)4 dice
Rating 1 micro transceiver w/ subvocal microphone(Level 2 Fixer,Arden)4 dice

If Max can,t get me the unis try:
4 Lone star uni's or similar uniform,security etc.(Level 2 Fixer,Arden)4 dice
Official form of I.D.,security etc..(Level 2 Fixer,Arden)4 dice

That shoulld about do it.
yojimbo187187
once Savage leaves the room i'm going to be running ignorant. i know he is headed to the campus to do some scouting but how does that work? do i just let the GM roll perception dice and such? or does it get played all the way out with people possible noticing me and such? i'll do the best i can but let me know if i'm doing something wrong. thanks all.

yojimbo

by the way, savage has a back up shotgun along with is two pistols, i'd rather not use gels for them; i figure if he has to start shooting then it's gone way too sour. but if you want me gellin (hehehe) then let me know.
Jacob.
Jacob needs to find out were his Bouncer contact is working ,if it's near the dorm it might be an agreeable place to meet.
Savage:The thought of a dwarf flying backwards after firing his shot gun is fine by me.
cheezypoof714
I'm pretty sure the location of your characters contacts is up to you at character creation.Since not much has happened you can assign him a location now.Sound alright to everybody?
Jacob.
how about the corner of olive st. and 13th av. at a Bar called the Pub on the corner.
Altivecer
OK all I think I'm here how.
cheezypoof714
Good.I was a little worried.Glad to have you.Let me know how my(Zane) contacts panned out.If I can't get the uniforms it could put a major kink in the plan.
cheezypoof714
Here is the gear Zane is getting from his apartment.Oh,by the way I noticed I had a Walther WA 2100 assault rifle.Unfortunately the availabilty was 12.I exchanged it for a Ranger Arms SM-3.You may want to change it on Zane's character sheet.I also noticed my augmented body should be 9 with the dermal sheathing 3.I just added the rating and forgot to add 1.Sorry for the confusion.
3 clips
*Savallete Guardian/with quickdraw concealable holster
SA/*BF/Heavy Pistol/Conceal:7(w/holster)12clip.Damage 9M -1 recoil
3 clips
*ARES Alpha Assault Rifle/with sling and shock pads. -3 recoil
Sound supressor&Smartlink/Assault Rifle/Conceal:2SA/BF/FA 42clip.Damage 8M
Grenade Link: for grenade launcher
8/Mini Smoke
5 clips
*Ranger Arms SM-3 Gas VentII and silencer\ 5 clips
Sniper Riflecoceal(briefcase)SA/5magazine.Damage 14S
-1 recoil Rating 3 Imaging Scope

*2 Flash Paks

Handset cellphone
2 plasteel restraints
Microtransciever with subvocal mic
AOD loctaor(6)and Tracking signal(6)
Ordinary clothing
Form fitting bodysuit 4/1
Armor Jacket 5/3 Total armor7/3
cheezypoof714
Just 1 micro transciever right?
Karayan
Altivercer, would you mind if we did some IC writing for our contacts occasionally? Not right now necessarily, but looking over Roulette's list, she has a few I've developed personalities for and I find it fun to write for NPCs sometimes. Incorporating information you give out of course. Thought I'd ask while I had it in mind.

As for right this moment, Roulette will be calling Kiryl Makeev, her level 2 decker buddy. (Etiquette: 5 dice +1 for a level 2 contact). She will ask him for info on Kimura and Minobe, as well as the Schniders. The first two are a priority, anything he can find about them, their backgrounds, and abilities, in the short time frame. She'd also like to hear if there are any obvious red flags about the Schniders, in case there's more to this than appears. If you need more detail, let me know. Tired.
Haiku
Hi all! Fafnir here!

This is what F. will get from his place.

All in his bag:
Survival Knife
Ingram Smartgun with Shock Pads, Sling, 4 spare clips and 200 regular rounds.
2 Offensive AP Grenades
5 IR Smoke Grenades
Low-Light binocs
Nav-Dat GPS
Electronic Toolkit

Worn
Ares Predator II with a Silencer, standard holster, 4 spare clips and 100 regular rounds
Secure Lined Coat (dwarf modified)
Wrist Phone
yojimbo187187
question: do you know if i can drive two cars at once? and if not, how far is the range in my remote system?

yojimbo
Altivecer
Yes you can but in bad situations you'll target numbers will go up. If your cars have auto-pilots they can drive themselves, with you just taking over when you want to weave through traffic
cheezypoof714
I'd drive one of the vehicles,but all I have is a bike skill.And not a very high Bike skill at that.
yojimbo187187
well, i didn't know the lingo but i wanted the americar to be a 'drone' so i assumed it had auto-pilot but i didn't plan on the van being like that; only radio control for the van. cool, thanks.

yojimbo
Karayan
Check the specs on your auto nav ratings. The book can tell you how good at independent operation that rating makes it. They do need map chips to operate though I believe.

Pilot rating is different, and it's what drones have, as well as cars that have been given the ability to be drones as yours were. I think the pilot rating is 1? Both the Americar and van have that. As for autonav, I'm afraid I can't remember. I think the van may have rating 2 auto nav and the car might not have anything in that respect, but you should double check.
yojimbo187187
will having the car just follow the van be a problem?

yojimbo
Karayan
Hey, gang. I wanted to get a more detailed post up for my next one, but it doesn't look like I'll get done tonight frown.gif Very sorry about that, it'll be up tomorrow. Roulette had to go to Tacoma and change clothes/do some disguise cosmetics, so she'd not be as fast as some of you others anyway wink.gif At this point, she'll be showing up at the bar Jacob called about, once she's ready to go, and go from there. Will cover all that in my post.
cheezypoof714
The matter of actually locating Jason has been bothering me and I finally thought of something else that could help us out. Bob, could you summon a watcher spirit or two and send them to track him? We have that photograph, so Bob can visualize what he looks like.

This has been bothering me a bit as well.I would agree that a watcher(s) spirit may do the trick.Otherwise I'm not sure how we could acquire the mark's location.Did you decide to go ahead and try this.

Also I was wondering if Fever(decker) could access the BMV and see if Kimura and/or Minobe have vehicles registered in their name(s) and get the Liscence plate number(s).Not to get ahead of ourselves,but someone could be keeping an eye out outside of the club(assuming Jason is keen on the going with Roulette plan) to see if the two were keeping tabs on Jason.At the time we hadn't had a decker,but now that we do....it would seem a good idea.

Also Altivecer what time is it gamewise.I'm assuming it is roughly 8:00 or so when Savage picks me up.I just don't want to be late to the meeting to pick up the uniforms.
Hunter
Okay, I am now officially lost as to what is going on. I have only been tagging in once a day and I am thoroughly confused as to what's happening where.
cheezypoof714
I just sent you an email which should clear everything up.
Altivecer
I would say 8:00 when Savage picks up Zane.
8:15 when Roulette its home.
8:30 If she hustles when she heads back north
9:10 When she reaches the club
Jacob.
frown.gif That gives me 50 min after Roulette arives before I can have a good chat with my contact.
Karayan
I'm catching up on posts, but is there some reason Jacob can't talk to his contact until Roulette gets there? Can he call while waiting on her?
cheezypoof714
He has to wait until he goes on break.
yojimbo187187
Altivecer, Savage is at the campus; what does he see? I'm going to have him deploy the ariel drone, give me an idea what he's looking at. i'm also going to have him look over the bar when the kid is at. it's a small rotery drone that i'm going to fly at high altitude so no one will hear it.

yojimbo
Karayan
Ah, right. Thanks. I forgot about that break time given earlier. The wording made me think it had something to do with Roulette. wobble.gif
cheezypoof714
I'll post IC tommorow morning.I would have mentioned the location of Jason on the cell phone,but Zane has a slight Big Brother phobia.Looks like we are getting close to the mark at this point.Talk to you guys(and girl) later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012