Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warhammer Online Cancelled
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
The Canterbury Tail
So they have announced that, after years of development, Warhammer Online has had the plug pulled. On the verge of a working product about to go into beta they have cancelled it. The most promising MMORPG out there is gone. Right I'm arranging an angry mob to attack GW headquarters, any takers?
Nikoli
And you base this one what?
The Canterbury Tail
www.warhammeronline.com

"It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to inform the community that we have decided to discontinue the development of Warhammer Online and will be closing down this website with immediate effect.

This has been a difficult and painful decision but it was taken following a following a full review of the progress of the game, costs to date and future costs of the project. As a result both Games Workshop and Climax Development Limited, the computer games developer, have agreed to terminate the development project.

I would like to say a personal thanks to all of the people who have followed our development over the last few years, your constant support and enthusiasm has meant a great deal to us.

Robin Dews"
Nikoli
I was just on the official Blizzard site, no news of the cancelation
Nikoli
More likely tyhe website you referenced is closing. Not the game
The Canterbury Tail
No, it has been confirmed by Games Workshop and many other places. I think you are confusing yourself, Blizzard has nothing to do with Warhammer Online. I think you are mistaking it for World of Warcraft.
Nikoli
Probably right

In fact I'm sure of it, sorry.
Firewall
The Blizzard story was Nihilistic dropping out of Starcraft: Ghost.
Jason Farlander
EDIT: Nevermind.
Adhoc
Then the fan-community will have to pick the development of Warhammer Online and finish the development....

Alareth
It's not an MMO but theres always Dawn of War for those that really need a Warhammer fix of some kind.
Lantzer
That looks nifty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012