Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Ask for Me Tomorow...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Shadow
From now on all OOC posts go here.
Misfit Toy
All right slackers, get off your respective asses and vote for the IC/OOC leader. Pick one and only one. Or else we'll be forced to taunt you. Or something. Yeah.

In any case, my vote is for Mercury/Crechebaby.

We also pretty much agreed (at least I think we did) about sharing our character sheets so that everyone would know pretty much what everyone else was capable of. I'll go ahead and throw mine up, so please feel free to follow suit. Lowrider. I stripped away most of his background because there's some parts of it that you guys wouldn't know about, and... okay, that's a bold-faced lie. I left it out because I handled it in conversation with the GM and was too lazy to type it all out. biggrin.gif But bits and pieces of it can be divined from his Edges & Flaws and whatnot.
Shadow
As of right now, I no longer have my listed email address. You can reach me at kelvaris@hotmail.com for a while. I will let you know when It is back to normal.

Please do not post IC still.
BGMFH
Your hotmail bounced on my sheet...
Raiko
I'm also voting for Mercury/Crechebaby to be leader, I figure that the Face would be the right person for the job.

Oh and Lezzie, if Crow ever wants to get any blackmail evidence of her own (real or fake) then Slick's the man for the job.
TinkerGnome
I'll vote for Mercury right now, as well. Keep in mind that the person that's the leader at the start might not end up the leader forever. As the team gets more seasoned, whoever has the better tactical abilities will likely fall into that role.
Shadow
Try again BGMFH.

Lezzie Borden
QUOTE (Raiko @ Jun 24 2004, 04:23 PM)
Oh and Lezzie, if Crow ever wants to get any blackmail evidence of her own (real or fake) then Slick's the man for the job.

Slick's be careful what you wish for, but Crow will keep your offer in mind. smile.gif

I'm also voting for Mercury/Crechebaby to be leader, I mean she's the face.

Also, here is Crow's sheet. Scarecrow I'm hoping that came out right, if it didn't no one point and laugh. Grrrrrrr You wouldn't like Scarecrow when she's mad.

<waits for certain people to point and laugh> biggrin.gif
Shadow
OK, heres the situation, it is Friday night, the time is 11:48. You are standing outside Oz's car at the Tacoma airport. The wind is blowing and it is pretty dark, except for the harsh light of the runway halogens.

Post from this point forward. Please do not start your post off earlier in the day. Feel free to assume you have any equipment (guns, armor, etc) you would feel is pertinent.

Also feel free to scrape a plan together OOC if you need one.
BGMFH
Where/How do I put up a sheet on that website?
Shadow
I now have everyone's sheet. Groovy.

I am going to give Raiko and BGMFH a few hours to post if they wish. You don't have to but you can.
BGMFH
Astral Perception: 9 8 4 2 2
Raiko
Slick has a single surveillance drone (a Condor 2), is there room in the trunk for it?

It needs 2CF with a 5 minute setup time, so I should have time to get it airborne for overwatch before the Osprey arrives.

Misfit Toy
Got enough room and another 11 CF to spare, padre.
Raiko
I'll try to get my character sheet online over the next few days (I've not got a website at the moment, but I've got some webspace with my ISP and I know roughly what I'm doing).

If I have problems, I'll email my character to everybody instead.
Raiko
Using passive sensors only.
Working in captain's chair mode. Observe in detail = simple action.
While simultaneously monitoring his commlink (as a scanner).

Only got rating 1 sensors for now I'm afraid, so x50 magnification and Low-light, but no thermographic.

Perception: 11, 11, 10, 05, 05, 02 (nice start, and with perceptive edge biggrin.gif)
Scanner roll: 11, 05, 05, 03, 03, 02
Electronics (complimentary): 08, 08, 03, 02, 02, 01

Shame it's probably too early in the run for these rolls to count, when it matters, I'll roll all 2's frown.gif
Lezzie Borden
"My doctor said I was suffering from antisocial personality disorder. What a quack! I'm not suffering."

This one comment sums up Crow's personality.

Now to provide a description of her, I have the following snippets from various conversations. Why? You may ask? Because I have a hard time putting such descriptions into my post. Or I'm lazy. Take your pick. I'm easy. Well, not easy easy, but... oh stop it. Here we go."

Scarecrow is an unusually tall and rail-thin night one with pitch black fur. her hair is about the only part of her that's "natural" save for the silver highlight that she has intentionally dyed a metallic silver so as to appear as drow-like as possible. It should also be noted that she's actually an albino as well. But it's a closely guarded secret that few know about. Her fur is dyed ink black on a regular basis, but it still manages to show through in a silvery sheen kind of way. Her eyes were replaced as soon as she could afford it due to her formerly bad vision. Her ears taper to a gentle point, not the elongated ones found in other elves. She loves to dress in a tattered poet's shirt and black leather pants with lots of polished aluminum highlights that match her mirrored lavender eyes. Peeking through the tattered remains of her poet shirt, the hints of a custom suit of blackened chain mail (form-fitting body armor that has been (Fashioned) can be seen. The most notable piece of jewelry she wears is a silver plate mail ring that covers an entire finger, complete with a razor tip. plate mail ring

Scarecrow or Crow to her friends has a mercurial personality depending on the situation at hand. The only thing that she might have a problem with is playing innocent, but even then she would give it one HELL of a try. She hates to be defined by any one stereotype. She has a morbid sense of humor, sexually open and enjoys shock value. She is only trusting and completely honorable to those people she feels is her "family", everyone else is free game to manipulate. ((Like a cat and a mouse)) She can intimidate with a stare... a cold, confident stare that sends shivers down the spines of those who's inadvertently pissed her off.

In summation, she's a cold, ruthless bitch who loves to funk with people's minds. Those she's bonded with are largely immune to her more wicked side, but still have to deal with her morbid humor and occasionally dark pranks. It's the entire reason she's embraced the drow image her people so desperately try to shun.
Shadow
@ Raiko,

other than the approaching aircraft, you don't see anything.
crechebaby
*sigh*
I'll get you a decent portrait one of these days, Lez.
BGMFH
Summoning a Force 4 Spirit of the Sky, specifically a wind spirit.

TN is 4
10 09 08 05 03 02
#D:6 TN:4 H#:10 S:4

Four services... Dont need that many I hope
I was kinda hoping the song would imply that I wanted it to keep watch on us, and defend us from any physical or magical threats while we were in the car.

Drain is base 4M(Stun)
04 04 03 03 03
#D:5 TN:4 H#:4 S:2
Staged down to Light stun, a bit of a strain to summon a wind spirit in a moving car apparently.
Lezzie Borden
QUOTE (crechebaby @ Jun 27 2004, 12:09 AM)
*sigh*
I'll get you a decent portrait one of these days, Lez.

<hugs the stuffing out of Creche> I love that picture.

Hopefully, since the evil minion is at camp, I should be able to get online more.
Shadow
This has gotten off to a slower start than I wanted, and it is mostly my fault. The last week has been very hectic. But I am on the ball now, so post away and I will too.

We can start buy getting some perception checks from people. (Everyone to be precise)
TinkerGnome
Perception for Bunny: 04 04 04 03

Pretty much nada. Probably.
Raiko
Perception for Slick: 09 04 04 03 01 01 (Perception Edge).

Shame the Condor's so slow, I would have kept it overhead overwise. frown.gif
Misfit Toy
Passive Sensor Test (in lieu of Perception since he's rigging): 2 5 5 3 5 9 4 2
Complimentary Electronics Test: 4 4 10 1

Sorry for not posting recently. I'll try and get something together tonight. In the meantime, here's some more rolls for Oz as he plots a path to the destination.

Seattle Familiarity (Shortcuts & Backstreets): 5 5 1 5 10 2 2 3
Complimentary Police Procedures (Lone Star Tactics): 4 3 3 2 2 5 7

The Complimentary Test is to see if the course he plots is not only quick, but one that Lone Star rarely patrols at this time of night.
Misfit Toy
Cripes. I've got to get back on drugs or something. My posts suck any more... bleh!
Lezzie Borden
Perception Test: 1 5 2 2
Complimentary Security Procedures (Bouncing) Test: 5 5 1 11 5
or Complimentary Stealth (Alertness) Test: 13 4 3 4 3
Shadow
Ok folks, their is a possibility of events happening that involve initiative.

Here is what I would like to do. I would like to handle this a little more cinematically. So, once the initiative order is determined I would like everyone to post OOC what they want their character to do, and the intended outcome. Then they can post IC their action. Once everyone has posted I will weave it all together. I would like to do this for the first time, if it doesn't work I will go back to the old way, but I want to give this a shot.
Misfit Toy
Cool. smile.gif

Rigger Initaitive (12+3D6): 4 5 4; 25

Actions: Oz is going to maneuver to the outside lane. Then as soon as he's about to miss the next exit, and after slowing down just enough to force the Eurocars to pass unless they want to make it abundantly clear that they are, indeed, tailing them, he's going to swerve to the exit and try to lose 'em off the freeway.
TinkerGnome
I think there are special rules about vehicle passengers and initiative. Not 100% on them, but if I remember correctly, the everyone in the vehicle acts at the same time as the rigger.

Annnnyway.

Bunny's initiative: 21

Actions: Draw a pistol and hold an action to shoot out vehicle tires if/when Oz gets us into a position to do so.
Shadow
The rule is no one can act until the rigger acts. So if you score an init higher, you still have to wait for the rigger to go.
Raiko
Sorry I posted IC before I read this.

Anyway, Initiative: 4 +1d6 = 7.

Slick's action will be to draw his pistol (as per my IC post), and observe in detail.

Perception: 11, 05, 04, 02, 02, 01 (Perception Edge).
Lezzie Borden
Crow's Initiative (on bike) (10+1D6): 4; 14
BGMFH
Okay, I never got an answer about my wind spirit....

Could I find that out before I decide what to do?
Shadow
Sorry BG, yes, that is acceptable.
Shadow
Ok Oz, I need a driving test from you.
Misfit Toy
Driving Test (Control Pool +3): 10 1 2 3 8 10 5 4 7 2. And he's definitely aiming to do the maneuver on the exit to Touristville.
Raiko
Almost forgot, is Slick getting anything on his commlink/scanner, he's not actively been controlling it (so I guess he doesn't get a complimentary electronics roll), but it's always running.

Commlink(6) Roll: 08, 04, 04, 04, 04, 02.

I've got broadcast decryption(4), but I doubt that there's time to decrypt anything in the time got (even with the shadowrun decryption rules).
Shadow
Sorry about the pace yet again, we will get this under way and going fast.

Lezzie, I need a bike roll from you. (Or you can default to your Reaction)
Lezzie Borden
Bike Roll: 1 5 7 3 3; -1 TN bonus for Datajack Port
Shadow
@ Raiko, while you do pick up RF energy, you don't pick up anything you can use.
Shadow
@ BGMFH,

I'm sorry I'm a little confused. You summoned a spirit, I got that part. But it's up to you to tell it what to do...
BGMFH
QUOTE (BGMFH)
Summoning a Force 4 Spirit of the Sky, specifically a wind spirit.
<snip>
Four services... Dont need that many I hope
I was kinda hoping the song would imply that I wanted it to keep watch on us, and defend us from any physical or magical threats while we were in the car.

Guard Power and possily physical service if needed.
Misfit Toy
Unfortunately, some things have come up and I'm going to have to pull out of all of my online games here on Dumpshock. Please feel free to NPC Oz until such a time as you can find a replacement for him. Sorry, everyone...
Raiko
Passive Sensors Roll: 11, 04, 04, 02, 01, 01 (Perceptive)
Shadow
Ok, this sucks. If Misfit is pulling that means Lezzie is probably gone as well. Gimmie a day to try and talk to Misfit and see what's going on.

@ Raiko,

your drone takes a nice long look at the place, you see a few guards roaming the perimeter as well as assorted cameras and security devices.
Lezzie Borden
QUOTE (Shadow @ Jul 12 2004, 01:49 PM)
Ok, this sucks. If Misfit is pulling that means Lezzie is probably gone as well.

Well, not necessarily, but I've been proven wrong before.

I sent Creche a personal message becasue the email I had for you, bounced back. <shakes my fist at the internet gods that rule my existence>

I place a motion out on the floor of this reality. <looks around to see if any questions my misused of Roberts Rules of Protocol> smile.gif Why don't we just start the game back when your vacation is over?

<looks for a show of hands>
Raiko
<Raiko raises his hand>

If everybody's going to be available eventually then I don't mind waiting.

And I'll definitely still be around when we're all back.
Shadow
Yeah my email changed, it's

kelvaris@shadowgames.us

I am up for that. If everyone else is. I really ahte to lose this character dynamic we have going.
TinkerGnome
I'm traveling tomorrow. Hopefully, the hotel has descent internet access (one web add says they do, others say nothing about it) and it won't adversely impact my posting. If it will, there will be a post tomorrow night on one of the threads I frequent to put the word out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012