Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC Running Over the Edge: IC2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
tisoz
This is the IC thread for the Possible new Game recruitment thread.

Approved players can start posting her and in Running Over the Edge: OoC.

You need clearance to post to the Living in the Shadows threads, but this game will run similar to it, the difference is only having me for a GM.

If you don't know how this works just ask OoC
Please turn of signatures and emoticons.
Please use Bold for character names, italics for character thoughts, or subvocal. "Things a character speaks aloud use quotes."

tisoz: 0000 January 1, 2063, room 754 of the Tacoma Sheraton
Let's start each post with a name, date and Location.
I will see how things are moving along and sychronize the dates periodically.

Approved Players
The Professor - GreatChicken
Chesire - FXcalibur
tisoz
2359 December 31, 2062

Snow gently falls in the darkness, coating the landscape with a pristine blanket of white. Further to the west, the land falls toward the sea. The snowfall changes to rainfall which neither covers nor cleanses the dreary landscape. The wilderness gives way to the Seattle sprawl, the dreariness replaced in many places by despair or outright menace. Here and there a pocket of hope and optimism rears its head.

"Five, four, three, two, one, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" the crowd yells.

"Happy New Year Everyone! This is Amanda Wallace from NBS, the North American Broadcasting System, for those of you who've been living under a rock! I'm standing here live at the Space Needle in Downtown Seattle, where Governor Ivan Lindstrom is about to bring us into the new year with some words for us all. Oh, wait a second folks, he's about to start talking!"

High above the streets of Seattle, the Space Needle's famous revolving restaurant was hosting some of the Seattle's finest. Ringing in the New Year in time honored fashion, all the socialites and debutantes of Seattle were there to see and be seen, and to party the new year into Seattle.

An older gentleman, Governor Lindstrom walked briskly to the podium, smiling all the while. Raising a glass of champagne to the crowd, he broadly smiled as he proclaimed, "Let this year be a prosperous one for Seattle! Crime will be down! Our economy will continue to grow! All people will share in the joy and wealth of a brand new year! I'm proud and honored to be mayor of such a fine city, and you should all be thrilled to be citizens of a prosperous, happy city!"

Taking a sip from his glass, he gestures grandly towards the crowd in recognition of the applause. "I am confident that by the time 2064 arrives, we, the people of Seattle, will look back and realize that we are better off for what this year has brought us." Saluting the crowd with his glass, he exclaims, "People of Seattle, I salute you! May the New Year bring us joy, prosperity, and brotherhood with our fellow man! My resolution is to see this come true! And with your help, I am certain that it will! May all your resolutions be equally fruitful!"

Smiling and waving to the crowd and its thunderous applause as he walks off the stage, Governor Lindstrom wasted little time in pressing flesh with the city's finest, with handshakes and smiles for everyone. The camera panned back to Amanda.

"Wow, what a great speech! Governor Lindstrom is certainly a man with a vision! I can't wait to see what his leadership and guidance will bring us! We'll be showing you highlights now of some of the notable events of this past year, as we usher in a new one. Stay tuned, for the highlights from 2062!"

Enthusiastic, patriotic, high energy, cheery music began playing as Amanda faded out and scenes from the past year began rolling on trideos across Seattle.

Ah, 2062, a happy year, a wonderful year, a great year. And just think, 2063 would be even better. Of course it would. The corps and the governments were all in agreement. 2063 would be a truly joyous year for everyone. You believe them, don't you chummer? Right?

Far below the Space Needle, away from the nice corporate enclaves, someone is crying. Away from the properly prepared parties for the rich and elite, someone is dying. Somewhere, someone is starving. Somewhere, someone is committing a crime. Somewhere, someone doesn't give a rat frag about their fellow man.

New Year's resolutions? Who keeps those anyway? Who even bothers making them anymore? Amidst the Barrens of Redmond and Puyallup, the gangs and the squatters ushered in the New Year much like they did every day. Trying to party at someone else's expense, and making sure they lived to see tomorrow. Their resolutions? The same as the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. Survive. But hey, that's life, ain't it?

And somewhere, between the darkness, despair and hopelessness of the many poor, and the bright shining artificially produced ?joy? of the few elites, lay those who walked in the shadows. Living in the Shadows, somewhere between light and dark, making a living day-to-day doing what some could not, and what others would not. For those denizens of the shadows, what would the new year bring? What resolutions would be made? Would they be followed, or cast by the wayside? Would the new year bring prosperity, or just poverty? Who would be the players everyone wanted to be, and who would be those who just got played? And most of all, at the end of the year, who was even going to be around to look back on the events of the past year? Only time will tell.

It's 2063. Happy New Year chummers?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012