Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Checkmate (Take 2)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Digital Heroin
Disclaimer: This is a tentative recruitment; my work schedule will soon be changing, so it may sap some of my time, as well, if there isn't enough interest I won't embark on the game.

Here's the deal. Some of you may remember early this year I tried my hand at my second forum based game, and due to my hamartia, it went by the wayside. This recruitment/co-ordination thread -is not- for a forum based game. The game will take place in an HTML chatroom which will be disclosed once the game is made official. The room is free for use, requiring only a small registration process (performed instantly), and the chat server for the room has the capability for players to create and save an image of their runner, as well as a basic character profile. As well, the room has private chat messaging and dice rolling integrated into it. This game would be run on a weekly basis (pending player/my avaliability), rather like a real-world session. Times, dates and such are to be aranged to suit all prospective players.

The run will be the one which I tried to undergo earlier, which fell by the wayside.

Teaser

Extractions are always fun when the target is willing.

Char Gen Rules:

• Priority or Build Point (130) system only.
• Shapeshifters or ghouls must be approved by me.
• No Otaku.
• Variant Metahumans are allowed, though are subject for approval.
• SURGE is allowed, with either a roll (include results with character) or buy E/F style points balance
• Maximum rating 6.
• Maximum availability 8.
• +/-10 Points for Edges/Flaws Max.
- There can be no more than a 3 point gap between end Edge/Flaw point value.
- Matrix Addiction Flaw cannot be purchased at the -6 value.
- Aptitude will be allowed for combat applications, for special cases (ex. Character has no cyber/magic).
- Hunted, Extra Enemy, and similar flaws are to include a name of the person (or organization) who is hunting/hating the character, and a reason behind this.

I would like characters to know eachother, and have worked together in the past. This does not mean that they have all worked as a group, but they're all tied to eachother through past work.

Example: Runner A and B are a team, as are Runners C and D, E works alone. At some point, Runner E is hired to do a run alongside Runners A and B. At a later point in time Runner D is hospitalized, so Runners C and E team up for a short time.

The links can be simple, they can be complex. I encourage prospective players to work these ties out amongst themselves.

History is key. I don't expect a tome on your character, but a half page to a page may just earn you some consideration for that special something you'd like to have, but aren't sure I'll allow.

Those who were on the original team, and are still interested, drop me a PM, and you'll receive priority.
kevyn668
::bump::

paul_HArkonen
I would be interrested primarily pending the timing of the game, that is the biggest sticking point for me. Otherwise sounds good to me.
Digital Heroin
How're weekends? Not talking full days, just a few hours either day...
paul_HArkonen
weekends are fine. to be perfectly honest, during the day, on any day, is good, just not later at night. Which i realize is the opposite from almost everyone else in the world

*edit* I realized that i haven't put down what timezone i'm in, Eastern US
Blitz
Im very interested in coming back to this game...Mack is so much fun and I never get to play her. That said, I have a really funky schedule so Im not sure if it will work out.

I can play anytime EXCEPT for 3pm-midnight (pacific) Sat-Wed, as that's when Im working.
kevyn668
QUOTE (Blitz)
Im very interested in coming back to this game...Mack is so much fun and I never get to play her. That said, I have a really funky schedule so Im not sure if it will work out.

I can play anytime EXCEPT for 3pm-midnight (pacific) Sat-Wed, as that's when Im working.

Blitz! I was hoping you'd show up! biggrin.gif

I'm pretty flexible about the time but I'm on the East Coast (US) so that'll be the lynch pin.
Blitz
Yeah..I know...your character and mine definately were having fun wink.gif
Digital Heroin
So we've got both East and West coast... and weekends seem out. The biggest issue I have personally is that my hours are going to be potentially crazy with shift work upcoming... but with that in mind I'm likely going to be taking a week of leave, and I'll be right back on days after. Would Friday evening, say around 8 EST work? Being PST myself, I'll be back from work when on days, and it'll be right into the game.
Blitz
sounds ideal!
paul_HArkonen
how long would that be for? till 10? 11? 1?
Digital Heroin
I'm thinking 8-12 for a benchmark... gives some good solid playtime, and it's weekend.
Blitz
When does game 1 begin?
kevyn668
I'm going to have to bow out. The time doesn't work for me. Sorry.

Blitz: maybe someday Tristan and Mack will finally get to have it out....
paul_HArkonen
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
I'm thinking 8-12 for a benchmark

that might be alright, at least through the summer, once fall starts i may have to bow out from the game but provided that's ok I have two questions. First question, where do we send the characters for aproval? And second what day are we going to start.
Blitz
Im thinking that with Kevyn bowing out, we dont have enough people to be viable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012