Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC Public Exposure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
TinkerGnome
ic.gif board

Right now, we need to do some basic stuff. Everyone post a quick description of your character (IC appearance and OOC general abilities) and the group, as a whole needs to select a leader.

Character sheets are due first thing Monday morning, EDT.
  • Digital Heroin -- Johnny Jett (decker)
  • last_of_the_great_mikeys -- Brick (muscle, ork)
  • Beast -- Thor (Thor)
  • RangerJoe -- Gritz (combat decker, ork)
  • Panzergeist -- Swift Eagle (Swift Eagle)
  • Chance359 -- Sedryk (Sedryk, ork)
I intend to have the first IC post up tomorrow sometime. You can post as as you've given your character description here, I don't have to have a full character sheet at that point. Once the meet begins (sometime Monday-Tuesday) I will need that sheet.
Chance359
Sedryk is a broad shouldered ork with polished tusks and braids. He has a small scar above his left eye, and is missing the last digit on his left hand. When not galavanting off into the wilderness in search of buried treasure, he works as a hit man. Sedryk is not the leader type.
RangerJoe
Gritz is an ork of somewhat slight build, but still well-muscled, and larger than your average human. He looks as comfortable in a conservatively cut business suit as he does in tye-dye and cargo trousers, or a stealthy black coverall-- which is to say he always looks at least a little bit bashful. Unlike many orks, Gritz sports a dulled chrome datajack in his right temple. His cyber-eyes, also dull-chrome, are usually hidden behind sunglasses or working goggles.

Gritz is a skilled decker and electronics expert. He is also competent with small arms, but he's no machinegun-toting brick. Gritz prefers a soft touch, gathering matrix data and exploiting it to tactical advantage. Gritz is remarkably personable for an ork, contrary to stereotypes, but will only lead if events compel him to.
Panzergeist
Swift Eagle is a Salish orc who fights with swords and a longbow. He generally wears outdoor clothing in green and brown, an on runs he almost always wears his rapid transit jumpsuit. He is a physical adept who lives in a lone house out on the edge of Snohomish, where he mostly keeps to himself between jobs.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Brick is an ork. He spends a lot of time at the gym and looks pretty strong. He would be regognized by those interested in such things as a world class unarmed fighter. He wears a Sleeping Tiger line of Vashon Island suit and has dome some bodyguard and muscle work. He has protective eye covers that are fairly noticable and moves with a smooth grace...like an adept with improved reflexes might...but he has all the inherant magic of a fire hydrant. If someone else can open the locks, he can sneak in...his cyber is hard to detect. NOT leadership material.
Chance359
Joe Sarno: So, you the brains of this outfit, or is he?
Longbaugh: Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation. ."
Digital Heroin
Johnny Jett is a larger than life figure. He stands at only 5'8", but has an energy which gives him the presence of a much larger man. Johnny's look is something he'd call fusion punk. It's a blend of punk sensability, with high tech toys. He has electric blue hair (Genetech), and distinctive cybereyes (silver, which black irises overlaid with electric blue circuit patterns), as well as several facial piercings (brow, four in one ear, five in the other ear, tounge). Johnny's gleaming datajack is always on display. When wearing short sleaves, Johnny's nanotattoo becomes visible, he's got a band with the binary code for "Slave to the Machine" wrapping around his left bicep, animated crackling blue electricity around it. His wardrobe is varied depending on the scenario. When running urban, or clubbing, Johnny wears black fatigue pants, a tight t-shirt, leather and chains, and combat boots; when in a business scenario he wears Armante. Regardless, he tends to compliment his outfit with a pair of wraparound shades.

Johnny is a wild figure, but seasoned as well. His decking skills lie in the realm of the skulker, the silent watcher, and the quick theif. He's just as smooth offline, wether it be verbally or in motion.

As far as things go, I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for leader, but that's a group call.
Chance359
As far as things go, I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for leader, but that's a group call

Sold to Mr. Fancy Pants.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 10 2004, 10:58 AM)
Sold to Mr. Fancy Pants.

Now there's a street name you don't want to be saddled with.

Posts up within an hour or so.

Here is the IC board.

Arrival at the meet post: Monday
Meet starts: Tuesday.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ha hah! I got in the first post! WOOHOO!

Now, I assume 250 nuyen is enough to get a 1/1 armoured briefcase? Enough to protect the stuff inside it brom basic day to day impact.

For the questions to Fredrick, a level 2 contact, regarding Mr. Johnson and the other runners...

Etiquette roll: 1,2,3,3,4. Well, that sucked! My Red Dice Of Doom™ are off to a bad start.

For the call to my level 2 friend in high places...

Etiquette roll: 1,1,1,3,4. Aw, man...it's getting worse.

For concealing my weapon and using the other as a distraction from it...

Stealth Roll 2,3,5,5,22. Much better. In the concealble quickdraw holster it has a concealability of 8, so if ya allow my roll, that's a 30!

Can I trade the stealth roll for the etiquette roll about Mr. Johnson? biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Here's the rolls:

Etiquette (info from Fredrick): 11
Etiquette ('trixie): 5,4,2

Search

Base Time (rolled a 2): 1 day
Computer Roll: 11,9,8,5,5,3,2 (3 Sucesses)
Time: 4 hours
TinkerGnome
The big question is, do you have a secure method of contacting Fredrick on short notice? He's in a sensitive position since he's at the heart of the matter. Someone watching his calls (even if it's hard to do, it might still be possible) would get more info than anyone watching any one PC. Which means he's very careful about what he says. If you can suggest a suitably secure way to discuss things with him, it'll work out better.
Beast of Revolutions
Thor is a red-haired, red-bearded dwarf rigger with a submerisble van and a lot of drones. He could lead, as could I, but has no special qualifications for that.

Perception roll: 1 2 3 3 5 10
BGMFH
Just a OOC, NPC note... The title of this thread could get you arrested in most of the Civilized World biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
So could being caught heavily armed in the middle of Downtown Seattle. Kind of the point wink.gif

There are no naked terrorists, though, in case that's your fear.

A reminder: Characters are due today (contact me for an extension). Posts are due by this evening at the latest (reguardless of character status).
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (TinkerGnome @ Jul 12 2004, 04:18 AM)
The big question is, do you have a secure method of contacting Fredrick on short notice?  He's in a sensitive position since he's at the heart of the matter.  Someone watching his calls (even if it's hard to do, it might still be possible) would get more info than anyone watching any one PC.  Which means he's very careful about what he says.  If you can suggest a suitably secure way to discuss things with him, it'll work out better.

I believe he contacted me for the mission...it was at that time I asked Fredrick for details. I'm sure he'd stop me if I started to say anything that might get him burned.

Using his bug scanner 6 and his white noise generator, he could confidently say his side was clean, save for decker intrusion. If there's a decker lurking in a Johnson's phone, then we're all screwed!
TinkerGnome
He pretty much gave all he could over the initial phone call. Fixers are a paranodi breed by default wink.gif
Panzergeist
I make 1 dose of atropine and 1 dose of cyanide.

Tinker, do you want returning characters to resubmit our entire character sheets, or is simply giving you the updates as I have done all you want?
TinkerGnome
Whole character sheet updated would be nice, if only because that way I won't miss anything. Me looking in two places = bad.
TinkerGnome
Now would be a good time to ask your questions of Fredrick wink.gif

The Johnson arrives tomorrow night (probably).
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Now would be a good time to ask your questions of Fredrick wink.gif

The Johnson arrives tomorrow night (probably).

Allready asked 'em. Ya ain't gave me nothin'.

It takes the mention of a meeting at the Lights to get many of you through the door, and no one gets through without a walk through a MADs and a Chemsniffer. The guards don't seem inclined to call the Star, but they do confiscate everything illegal or dangerous and pass out claim tickets.

I assume my WW infiltrator made it through after I checked in my Browning Ultra Power?
TinkerGnome
Yes, questions like that. Fredrick didn't let you know much about the team over the phone, but other contacts filled you in on the nature of the meeting place. It's semi-formal and fairly popular. The big deal is that it's under a lot of security.

The infiltrator probably makes it... how much ammo are you trying to get in and what type? I did mention a chemsniffer.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
HI-C plastic rounds. One spare clip. No point in having an infiltrator if yer gonna load anything elde.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright... underway!

Perception Roll: 1,2,4,4,4. Dammit...my Red Dice of Doom™ are not up to snuff today! Anyhoo, looking for any identifying marks or stuff out of the ordinary. Vision Mag 3 and flare compensation fo modifiers.

Underworld Politics: 2,3,10,11. In case I recognise him.

Pit fight Promoters: 2,2,3,3,17. A long shot, but what the heck.

Street Charities: 4,4,8

O.R.C. Politics: 1,1,2. Whoa...boned that one!

So, any of these help with recognition, lemme know.
RangerJoe
Perception: 8, 2, 2, 1, 1

Just looking for identifying markings... and to check if Mr. J has enough friends to not check a piece at the door.
Chance359
Just as a warning, I might be kinda slow posting this week, getting married on Saturday.
RangerJoe
Ka wow. Good luck. Next post Sunday afternoon? evening? then. smile.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Chance359)
Just as a warning, I might be kinda slow posting this week, getting married on Saturday.

Heh...got a whole load of jokes and comments to make about a gamer's responsibilities, but I think I'll just say congrats and don't blow this one! wink.gif
TinkerGnome
I also wish you good luck wink.gif

Small post in the IC in a few.

I'm traveling tomorrow. Hopefully, the hotel has descent internet access (one web add says they do, others say nothing about it) and it won't adversely impact my posting. If it will, there will be a post tomorrow night to let you guys know what's up.
TinkerGnome
Usually rule number 1 was noone knows your name!

As an aside, knowing who you're working for on a "run" of this sort isn't totally unheardof. The reason being that MCT's interests are very prominent in this conference and he is, in fact, one of their representatives on the panel.

Oh, hotel has internet access, by the way. Sweet, sweet wireless access, at that.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Street Charities: 2,3,5 Just checkin' to see if he might know of any connected to enviornmental groups...stuff he might know regarding fronts and such.
TinkerGnome
Enviromental terrorists are pretty common, particulalry in the areas surrounding the NAN. There are only a double handful of groups with the resources to strike at something like this, however.
Digital Heroin
Johnny's got no knowledge skillz which'll help here, so he'll research later.

For now:

Negotiations: 10,9,4,1
TinkerGnome
Good roll wink.gif

Not 50k good, though.
Digital Heroin
Because expenses just aren't cool enough without a place to spend 'em:

last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hmmm...maybe I shoulda "thought" another 10K each. biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
Okay, guys, I'm back in my home state so I intend to pick up the posting pace. The deadline for us getting to the start of the convention is going to be toward the end of the week (Thursday or Friday).
TinkerGnome
Whew. Back to the world of the living with me.

Here is what I need right now. In the next two RL days, someone needs to decide what cover the group is going to use (the codes provided by the Johnson seem to make it possible to insert yourselves into the security company database and get some access credentials, though they won't be perfect, or you can falsify yourselves as guests with other parts of the chip data... everything else, you'll be on your own).

Let me know what kind of data you need from me for this initial planning and I'll get it out ASAP. I'm really wanting to pick up the pace since my trip killed it so badly (I should have just postponed the game start since I found out about the trip right before, but I thought that'd kill interest too badly). In any case, on ward and upward.
Panzergeist
Sorry to hear that Chance. I'll fool around with some girls for you, okay?
Chance359
Thanks Panzergeist.

TinkerGnome: Can I get a time check? Sedryk has to pick someone up later, and wants to know if its too late to call some of his contacts.
TinkerGnome
It's about midnight (the meet was at 11pm).
Beast of Revolutions
So, how much of an advance do we each get. And where are we going anyway? Does anyone have a safehouse, or are we just going to the nearest bar?
RangerJoe
Looks like a seedy bar for now. That's what they're there for.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ahhh! I'm on my vacation, so I have lots of time to post now! Yay!
TinkerGnome
I'll poke the game sometime tomorrow. Planning = good. Overplanning = bad.

Who was elected team leader, again?
RangerJoe
Johnny/DH by popular acclaim.
Digital Heroin
*taps the mic*

I know I was a little while on my response guys, but I was trying to let others post in... everyone still on board?
TinkerGnome
Well, obviously me wink.gif
RangerJoe
Likewise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012