Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Far From Home
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Large Mike

Alright. Anyone wishing to do legwork, post your rolls here.
Digital Heroin
Ok, lets begin... biggrin.gif

Boingo's gonna need to cover a few bases before he can leave Seattle, namely, he's got to cover his hoop as far as his parole officer is concerned. So here's the rundown of his plan:

To cover his parole officer showing up at his squat, he's going to offer the place over to Xion (showing a lack of wisdom befitting his age, as Xion is a Rasta, and will of course be toking up in the apartment) to live in. If the parole guy shows, Xion can make excuses for Boingo not being there. The place is a crashpad anyway, so there'll be other faces to provide backup.

To cover the calls he needs to make routinely, he's going to buy a voice recorder, and tape about ten quick little "I've been a good little boy, been looking for work but everyone looks at me like I'm scum thank you very much" blurbs. He'll just get Xion to call the parole officer after hours at his office, and leave the blurbs as messages. Its the Barrens, broken video on the telecom is to be expected.

Street Etiquitte: 5,4,3,2
Negotiations: 5,1

Now, in order to get himself out of Seattle without the 'star red flagging him, well that's gonna be a bitch if he's travelling commercial. He's going to have to plug his employers for a false SIN first off, something real and crime free. A student identification might be fitting.

Negotiations: 7,4

He's also going to need to purchase some less flashy, more concealing clothes to cover his tattoos, as no doubt they're registered as part of his ID. Aside from that, he's prebably going to have the least requests, because heck, he doesn't need much. For his payment he's gonna stick strictly to nuyen, since he's not exactly wise on finances and such. Gotta love green runners.

Couple of questions, just out of curiosity.

How do you treat the impact of genetech on the Awakened? I'm of the school of thought that it's not as invasive as Bioware on a person's body, so could be seen as natural, but that's just me. The thought with regards to this is that he might not even benefit from the offer of a Delta clinic's use.

I may have covered this one already, but do you allow for the optional CC rule regarding using Athletics to Dodge? A Complex Action for complimentary dice seems fair.

And lastly, is a weapon focuse baseball bat too much to ask for? biggrin.gif
FXcalibur
Let's see here...

Mary thinks that the deal is great, but she just feels she's walking into a trap. Nontheless she takes the job, makes a will for her husband and kids (if they can even be found after they ran away) to receive what little she has.

She also talks to her friend Jon Woodstock (LS media rep level 2) and ask him how things are like in Denver, if he has any info on the police outfit over there.

Etiquette rolls:
8 5 2 1 1

She'll head over to a bookstore to grab a tourist's guide to Denver, and visit a random travel agency to get a brief lowdown of what the place is like.
spitfire gecko
C&P from the recruitment thread.

Jackal is going to buy a book with all the goods on Denver to read on the trip there, since he's never set foot outside of Seattle before. He'll also hit up his contacts to see if they have any insider information on the city, the cops there, the criminal element, and other stuff that isn't included in a tourism guide.

Etiquette rolls for each:

[ Spoiler ]
Steveshaft
After a long, strenuous. stressful packing session at his ex-wife's apartment-- where he keeps most of his things--Sharp insists this is his last job, and that he'll give Diana his dermal plates in a box after it's all over. He asks if he can use the old engagement ring again along with it, and she locks herself in the bathroom, always the dramatic. Sharp rubs his eyes, knocks on the bathroom door a couple of times, and says goodbye.
"Good riddance," through the door.
"Love you too, baby."

Bags packed with clothes, hygeine products and weapons and countersurveillance gear, Sharp starts down the street to the meeting point on foot. Load's a bit heavy, but nothing he hasn't hefted before.

He's not the type to meddle with legwork. He'll let his team do that, get him the info he needs. Besides, his contacts are Seattle folks. No idea about what goes on under Ghostwalker's snout. And if they did have a clue, they'd slur their speech too much to understand.

Shit, he thinks. Even my contacts are washed up.

Now if his co-workers want someone sliced, or data carried through hell, he's probably the man on both accounts. Whenever he's tried the brainiac stuff in the past, it's got him shot at. Or stuck with a big stupid-looking scar across his forehead and a bunch of polluted air in his palm where a credstick should have been. "Playing it safe this time," Sharp says to himself, whistling away, stepping down the street eagerly, like a fourth grader on his way to the last day of school before summer vacation.
Fresno Bob
Weasel has no legwork.
Large Mike

Voor: Xion's actually quite pleased to help you, because he got kicked out of his place just a couple of days ago. Genetech is not normally invasive enough to notice, but they'll see what they can do about a weapon focus when you get back. Also, for travelling to Denver, a SIN will not be needed. That, and yes, athletics to dodge is fine.

FX: The media gives you a basic rundown. Each zone has its own cops, although the contract for both the CAS and the UCAS belong to Lone Star. The various jurisdictions rarely cooperate, or even communicate. However, GW has made a new force made up of various military and psuedo-military personelle from all the sectors that has jurisdiction over the whole city. They're some bad mother-shut-your-mouthes.

spitfire: The only one that knows anything is your fixer, who has a cousin he never talks to in Denver. There's a small mafia and yakuza presence in Denver, but they don't dominate the city at all. The biggest thing around there is T-Birds and smuggling. Denver is crazy for T-Birds last he heard. Granted, that was a couple of years ago, but still. There also has been a serious rash of pro-aztland policlubs doing stupid things.

As four tourist information: It's a city nestled in the mountains at an obscenly high altitude. It's split between Pueblo, Ute, CAS, UCAS, and Sioux. There's a river running through three sectors (Sioux, CAS, Pueblo), and a small smattering of small lakes. Blah, blah, blah weather, blah blah blah historical information. The borders between nations are water-tight almost everywhere, and even tighter in some places. Have fun.

Anything else before we get this show on the road?

FXcalibur
Non, mon ami.
Steveshaft
Nothing else from me. Happy PC right here.
Large Mike
Alrighty, then.
Large Mike
IC is up. Interact for a bit while you're on your way in a screaming t-Bird to Denver.
Digital Heroin
Boingo'd still push for the SIN, if they can supply... it's nice to have legit ID, after all. But if they're not cool with it, he's good to go regardless, given the payout.
spitfire gecko
Okay, Jackal's the dwarf. He's a tough looking son-of-a-slitch who looks like he's experienced more than a fair share of street fights and barroom brawls, with brown hair in a clean military cut that's just beginning to grow long, intelligent hazel eyes, and two days worth of stubble lining his jaw. There's a mean scar running down his face, straight through his left eye. Glimpses of a flaming chain tattoo can be seen on his left forearm, and more observant people might pick up the faint scabs criss-crossing the knuckles of both his hands.
Large Mike
Oh, and for reference, the pacing on this one's going to be a bit slow. Those that have been in my previous games know that I am capable of breakneck speed, but only while everything else in my life is going well. I can't guarentee that, so I'm going to keep the pace at about 3 posts a week. No real need to rush through, I figure.

If I dissapoint because of this, my humblest apologies.

However. As those who have been in my previous games can also attest, my planning skills and my plot interconnectedness, and the quality of my posts is also capable of being of the highest order. I *will* be maintaining my standard here. Just so you know.
Large Mike

Bump.
FXcalibur
Conjuring, Force 3 city spirit.

[ Spoiler ]
Fatbox
So since she'll probly need to pull some strings, I'm gonna have to use specialty in fast talk:

06 03 05 01 02

So, as much as she wanted to get 3 sedans or a couple o' decent vans vans, she manages to get a rebuilt van from a 'friend of a friend' stats can be found at

http://www.angelfire.com/ia/Macleod/custom_van.html

After she's dialed up her fixer, she also needs to check in with the powers that be at Lone Star (looooong story, but do you really think a chiphead could afford subdermal sheathing and a balance tail?). Essentially they say, "Ok, thats nice. Don't kill any of our people."
Large Mike

FX and Fatbox: You've both assumed success without consulting me, unless someone is pretending to be me. Slow your various rolls for a minute.

Fresno Bob
Owned.
FXcalibur
The little dumpster chirps once more and then drops into a deeper, but no less playful voice. "Certainly, just step into my office and we will see what can be done..." With that, it stays exactly where it is and gives a curious look.

I misread that as "says exactly..."

Fine, I'm 'owned', or whatever. I'll go delete everything.
FXcalibur
Yet another conjuring test back outside.

Force 3 city spirit.
Conjuring: 09 08 04 03 01 01 (4 successes)
Drain: 16 08 07 05 04 01 (zero drain)

Question: Tell me if there are any defunct military bases in the city, and exactly where, and what their function now is. I assume (gasp!) that I have enough services to cover this.

And don't worry. For fear of being 'ownz0rd', I won't bother to post until I get a proper response and reread it incase I misinterpret anything.
Large Mike

Alright. Mary, we've covered you. We're ret-conning Kirs' little thing. She couldn't get a van.

So, now what?
spitfire gecko
Now we wait for Kirst to share the bad news with the team, I guess.
Large Mike

/me pokes Fatbox. Hop to it, old man.
Large Mike

Mental note: When Fatbox gets poked, things explode.
Fresno Bob
*pokes Fatbox again*
Fatbox
Im going to be turning black and blue soon here. The post is up...I dunno what to do next since we gotta rent a car now...
Fresno Bob
Going to a rental place might be neat. Does anyone have a fake SIN?
FXcalibur
Valid SIN here, so no.

I'm going to go back outside and ask the spirit the questions my fellow runners gave me. Need me to roll again, Mike?
Digital Heroin
Uh... well I'm not sure how well Boingo's SIN'll stand up...
Large Mike

It's a fresh summonning, so yes.
Digital Heroin
Wait... hell, I just remembered something... I know the SIN might not hold up, but Boingo doesn't...
Large Mike

Okay. Now I need intelligence checks out of those getting a vehicle. Don't worry, it's an easy one.
FXcalibur
Force 3 City Spirit 05 05 04 04 03 01 (5 services)
Resisting Drain 05 03 02 02 02 01 (No drain)
Digital Heroin
Intelligence Roll: 14 03 03 02 01
Fatbox
so....car rentals? Tourist maps of Denver.....?
Large Mike

I'm still waiting on the exact questions being asked by FX to get dropped in my PM inbox, and I need an intelligence roll out of one more person. As for tourist maps, you can grab any mapquest map. Just remember that the city is now split into... five, if I recall correctly, sectors. I have no scanner, so getting you exact sector bounderies will be difficult. Suffice to say (and this is without referencing the boxed set) that Sioux, Ute, and Pueblo split the eastern half of the city into three parts, with borders east-west, and the rest is split between the CAS and the UCAS, with the border running north-south.

Also, the insomnia game is fun.
Digital Heroin
*hugs his downtown Denver SR map, which he just recently re-found*
Large Mike
That's just downtown, which is in the CAS sector. When you get into the UCAS sector, it won't help you any more.
Digital Heroin
Aye, but I thought I'd lost it... still now have two parts of the Denver Boxed set...
Fatbox
So. Cars or Vans. Renting of.....?
Fresno Bob
Indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012