Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowlands
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Digital Heroin
First thing is first, a disclaimer: This is meant in no way to take play away from dumpshock; it is meant to provide another alley of play for those who want something faster paced. I won't be ditching dumpshock at all, and I don't want to encourage it.

With that in mind, I present to you Shadowlands, the online HTML based roleplaying chatroom.

Now you might wonder what the heck this is, well I've mentioned it before so you might now, but here are the basics. Shadowlands is chatroom wherein people can conduct realtime Shadowrun roleplay. The environment is set up to support both scheduled roleplays, and to support in character freeform downtime, so you can stretch out those creative juices further and interact as runners be.

The page linked above is not the room, but rather it is the homepage governing the room. It isn't complete, so don't go saying the links don't work. What it has now is the basics on rules for the room, and on where the room is at.

To detail where it is at, however, I present Warp1. Warp1 is a chat community devoted to online roleplaying, it is one of several using the same basic code (the one I happen to know the Admin of, so get a room). What the site offers is the ability for players to log in using a single ID, and have access to managable "puppets" which represent each of their characters. The puppet contains both the space for an image, and a basic HTML tagline describing the character. When you are in room and use a puppet, each post denotes who you are for your fellow chatters. These puppets are stored online, and easily switched between in room, as well as easily managed. As well, Warp1 offers online dice (albeit simple ones), and Private Messaging capability, as well as private rooms for the naughtily inclined, or those who wish a little peace if the room gets too hectic (hah, with a post volume average of one post a month over the year of the room's existance, this isn't too likely).

What I intend to do with the room is provide a place for people to gamemaster their own games, recruit for runs in freeform meets, run runs dynamicly, and basically mold the world of Shadowrun realtime. I'll be running at least one game there (though I have dozens of ideas), and will be also working with others to form larger scale story arcs.

So, if you're interested, express it here, or better yet pop on in sometime, I'll be under my Sysop handle of Digital Heroin, or easily identifiable at all times.

NB: Once registered, if the portal link on the main Warp1 page doesn't work, try this link.

Hope to scan you there...
Digital Heroin
Smallish Update:

For the first two story arcs planned at Shadowlands, I am going to be running an arc beginning with the previously announced Checkmate game, and I will be looking to run a European story arc as well too. Anyone who would be interested in running their games through the use of the room, toss me a PM or an e-mail at either here or here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012