Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oberlin College
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Lord Ver'an
I will be attending Oberlin College beginning this fall. Anyone else attending the college or otherwise in the area? Idealy, I would like to join someone's group but, if I can't find anyone else willing to GM, I'll do that instead.
Ditaki
I'm not going to Oberlin (I'm heading off to Earlham,) but I do know somebody who's a big Earthdawn fan, and a somewhat less but still pretty good Shadowrun fan, especially of older stuff. He's got no gaming group at the moment, but next time I see him online, I'll push him over to this thread.
Dalassa
You've probably already found OGRE by now but check out the SR collection in the library reserve. Congratulations on continuing the long Shadowrun tradition at Oberlin.

--Former OGRE Vice-President
Philologus
I graduated from Oberlin in 2003, unfortuantly at that time there wasn't much interest in shadowrun, most of us graduated by the time I left or a year after. There may be some, so worth looking into. I would recommend going down to Matrix Games in downtown and talking with Joshua or Erin as well, they might be able to help find players as well.

Also, unless the OGRE people really put some money into updating the library, it mostly has first and some second edition stuff, very little (if any) in the way of third. This could have changed by now though...
Dalassa
Unfortunatly Shadowrun was considered a low priority for the library. No one sends in their suggestions for books when they are asked for them. What tends to get bought is what the officers play and I was the only who played Shadowrun. Our buying last year was focused on the new WoD and D&D 3.5, the year before that was actually getting books published within the last seven years.

Philologus, is it possible that we know each other? Did you play in Curry's Shadowrun game?
the_dunner
Hey folks,

I was poking through stuff here, and noticed -- Oberlin! That's nearby! I've got no affiliation with Oberlin (actually, I work at CWRU) , but I'm a Shadowrun Commando in Cleveland. I'm running a session of SRM this Saturday (10/23) at Warzone (in Cleveland) if any of you are interested in driving about an hour east for a game.

Drop me a PM if you're at all interested.
Philologus
QUOTE (Dalassa)
Philologus, is it possible that we know each other? Did you play in Curry's Shadowrun game?

Unfortunatly, I did not. The time that I was there was just after Curry's game was deteriorating and no new group had really begun. I was class of '03, my first name is Collin...so maybe we do know each other...
Dalassa
I know of you at least by reputation. I was taking a year off when OGRE reformed but my boyfriend was one of the reorganizers.

--Hillary '04
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012