Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renraku Arcology - The Tree of Life
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Ronin Soul
Okay, this is the OOC thread for the Tree of Life "campaign" - all the usual stuff goes in here, dice rolling, game-related but not in character questions and comments.
You are all on floor 26 with Hiromitsu. The other stuff I posted... that... well that's important (your characters don't know it though. Consider it a prologue tease wink.gif
Phyrexus
So...I guess we just jump in now, huh?
Ronin Soul
Anytime you're ready!
Kagetenshi
Just to avoid any confusion, this is my character's impatience rather than mine. smile.gif

~J
Kagetenshi
Also, a comment on my syntax, though I'm open to changing it if people desire: <> indicates a language other than English, typically Japanese in this case. ## indicates #transduced communication or communication that is otherwise silent to those not properly equipped hear it#.

$This will indicate a matrix/drone command or, when paired with quotation marks, communication over the matrix.

~J
Digital Heroin
I was wondering about that... had surmised it to be Japanese... I tend to color code my linguistics... but I'll be stealing that... not that I'll have much call for the rest, as Billy doesn't do much over the 'trix...
FXcalibur
Megatokyo did the <> thing, and it's been very useful for text RPGs. Almost everyone gets that I'm speaking in some other language almost instantly.
kevyn668
What kind of load out are carrying? I'm assuming "meet gear."
Kagetenshi
I'm wearing visible FFBA under shorts and a t-shirt, and carrying a pocket secretary. That's all I've got with me, IIRC.

The rest of my gear is in a security vehicle bay or an attached room; I'll need to coordinate with Ronin Soul what floor that's on.

~J
Phyrexus
Uh...my character's got his securetech clothing, form-fitting shirt, and securetech long coat on, with his sword hanging quite noticeably by his side, an his throwing knives in his sleeves. His Ares Predator III is concealed in his jacket, along with his cyberdeck, his thermographic/low-light sunglasses are on, and the rest of his stuff is with his bike in the vehicle bay. Yeah... cool.gif
Digital Heroin
Blaze is wearing FFBA, but concealed underneath his tres chic casual clothes. He's got a Manhunter just tucked under his belt in the back of his jeans, and is wearing his wraparound HUD shades. Otherwise, his two shotguns and other suit of armor are wherever his room is. I'll be posting after I eat, handwrote an intro bit, need to type it.
Ronin Soul
Sorry about the lack of quick replies. As I said, my internet access at the moment could be best summed up as unreliable.
I'll make sure to update, but just remember it might take a couple of days!
You have advantage over Saru so you all have an action before he does.
Digital Heroin
Initiative: 21

Simple Action: Quickdraw
Draw Roll: 11 05 04 03 03 03 01 01 (#D:8 TN:6 H#:11 S:1)
Firing Roll: 07 05 03 02 01 01 (2 Combat Pool; Laser Site)
FXcalibur
Initiative: 23

Simple Action: Ready Weapon: Savalette Guardian
Free Action: Called Shot: Head
Simple Action: SA (Full Combat Pool)

17 05 05 05 05 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 02 01 01 01

Assuming TN 4, 5 successes. Sav-G base damage 9M, EXE rounds loaded for 11M.
Kagetenshi
Initiative: 11

Movement: Running (21 meters/turn, 10.5 meters/pass) behind desk

Simple Action: Observe in Detail (Saru)

Free Action: Drop Prone (once behind cover)

Simple Action: Observe in Detail (Tsukume)

Observe #1: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7

Observe #2: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 9
Digital Heroin
Thought we only got a single action... if not, then tack on:

Simple Action: Fire Weapon
Roll: 11 04 04 03 03 01 (2 Combat Pool; Laser Site)
Kagetenshi
If we only get a Simple, I dive prone. If we get a Simple and a Free, Observe opponent and then dive prone. If full, see above.

~J
Blitz
In a surprise round, you always get a complex or two simple actions.

Initiative (10+3d6)
6:5:4 yay!

Initiative Pass: 25

Athletics (6) (add to dodge pool)
6(16):6(15):5:4:4:3

5 successes (wow, the NSRCG die roller is being so nice!)

Pardon my mistake, I was working off another sheet before and forgot I removed the Computer chips..will update my post as necessary.
Phyrexus
Sorry for not posting in a few days. Anyway, I'm back. BTW, my character's name is PHYREX not Phrex. Just saying.

Initiative: (5+1d6) 11
Simple Action: Quick Draw - Predator III
Free Action: Drop Prone
Simple Action: Observe in Detail - Saru

Quick Draw Test: Target Number 4; 7 5 3 1 1; 2 successes

Firing Predator III once: 5 2 1; damage 9M

Perception Test: 15 4 4 3 1
kevyn668
Sloan's sporting a Secure Jacket over FFBA (and clothes wink.gif) and he brought a Browning with two spare clips, an Elite with one spare clip, a knife, a pocket flash, a 'tronics toolkit, and a pocket secretary.

Simple Action: move behind desk
Simple Action: turn on wires
Kagetenshi
Still out there, oh masterless one?

~J
Kagetenshi
So does your return herald a resurrection, or are you writing this one off as dead?

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012