Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salvation OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
paul_HArkonen
two things first is Blaze will be wear only a formfit shirt, and a set of Tres Chic Cloathing, the second thing is the perception tests for the aproach.

thermo: 9,5,5,4,2,1 -1 TN for perceptive
astral: 55,5,4,2,1,1 don't know if the -1 counts in astral
lowlight/standard: 15,8,5,5,5,1 -1 apllies as normal
WinterRat1
Note to all. I will describe the club differently to each person. You all see the same thing (except the astral stuff) so assume you can read each other's posts for the sake of building a picture of the place in your minds, assuming of course, than you want to.
Sedna
Secure ultravest and longcoat, and packing a Predator (no silencer).
Sedna
Btw the combat boots she's wearing will add a couple of centimetres to her height -- that, her upright posture, and her outfit might suggest something closer to 6', if still relatively slight of build ... probably still small in all the ways that matter compared to the Lady Cheng? biggrin.gif
paul_HArkonen
in case it matters for the lady cheng i did the assensing test, but after that just kinda winged it from what i had read of your posts, if anything's wrong please feel free to yell at me and i'll change it, that applies to anne to, but i didn't bother doing the assenseing test, just went with the emotions cause i couldn't find if you had cyber or were awakened or what.

assensing test :9,5,4,3,2,2
Kurukami
Apparently everyone thinks Cheng's Chinese. biggrin.gif Partly true, but her ancestry is only one-quarter so -- giving her the epicanthic folds and an exotic cast to her face, but not as much of the more obvious ethnic traits. For a self-image of what I thought of for Cheng (prior to goblinization), look here.

And by comparison, that's probably accurate, Sedna. Cheng's 191 cm (6'3") tall. ork.gif

She's not Awakened, Paul, and she does have a significant amount of cyber. Much of her skull is dark with Essence loss, though there is substantial darkening along the nervous system and spine as well. A thread of darkness also snakes its way out to her right hand. Additionally, there's a certain sluggishness to the Essence that flows through her, which you have most likely seen previously in those with substantial bioware augmentation.
paul_HArkonen
The stuff about the cyber i had picked up from your posts on shadowland and living the shadows, other than that, sorry about the chinese mistake, and also i missed the goblinization Troll or ork, i'm going to replace chinese with whichever it is.

Oh and bioware doesn't affect essence just magic, which you have none of anyway.
Sedna
My fault, initially ... but unfortunately it is something I really shouldn't edit smile.gif
Kurukami
QUOTE (paul_HArkonen)
The stuff about the cyber i had picked up from your posts on shadowland and living the shadows, other than that, sorry about the chinese mistake, and also i missed the goblinization Troll or ork, i'm going to replace chinese with whichever it is.

Oh and bioware doesn't affect essence just magic, which you have none of anyway.

True, but it does make it more difficult to heal or magically heal. I represent that effect by mentioning the sluggishness of Essence flow -- it's not actually taking away any Essence, but it's definitely different from what she'd look like if she were plain-genes.

And yup, she's an ork. Unless there's a race of dwarfish trolls that only stand 6' high... biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Hey everyone, a brief summary on the players who have not posted yet.

Bearclaw was out with a medical problem, talked to him two days ago about catching up and it was my understanding he would, but no word yet.
Shev was supposed to post, no idea where he is.
Two players, Evil Overlord and Digital Heroin, should be up and posting by Saturday night or Sunday.

I will definitively move things forward Sunday night for sure, regardless of who is there; no one should have delayed past then to post if they were interested in playing seriously. Just letting you all know what's going on.
Kurukami
The phrase "Oh... my... God..." came immediately to mind upon reading Tin Star's description. biggrin.gif
Neophyte Overlord
Durin's suit is Secure clothing. He's also wearing a Secure Jacket.

He has a spare clip for the Predator he handed over, and a small pocket knife I am assuming wouldn't set off alarms.
Digital Heroin
You can take the man out of Texas, but you can't take Texas outta the man...

Tin Star's got his half-suit of FFBA on, and his secure long coat. Two manhunters, fineblade strapped to one leg.
WinterRat1
My apologies everyone, as Digital has technically not arrived yet, I will delay the job offer till monday, since i need to sleep as I have to be up extremely early tomorrow. Again, sorry for the delay, we'll get rolling monday!
Sedna
Reading emotion and determining current motivations in as general a sense as each of you feels appropriate for every person in the room:

Perception: 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1
Psychology: 9, 9, 8, 5, 4, 3, 3

Basically I'm trying to get a feel for how each of you is reacting to the proposal, independent of what you're saying or showing; also for whether Mr. Fan sees anything more in this than a business deal he's brokering for someone else. (Damn, I need more culture-specific knowledges.) Please bear in mind, in my asking this, that I don't know any of you! Let me know what you think appropriate for Alleycat to be picking up. I'm still getting some serious intensity off you, Paul, even from your words alone: is this accurate?

(If any of you're masked, it will also affect how you choose to present emotion ... and if you're using it this way ignore most of the above wink.gif )
WinterRat1
It's up to all of you to respond to Sedna's assessment, either via the OOC thread or in your IC posts. Unless any of you makes a deliberate effort to hide your feelings, I'm ruling you have to reveal something about what you're thinking/feeling. If you want to hide your feelings that badly, roll Willpower, TN of 11, all you need is one success.
Sedna
Sorry, me again, running a bunch of seemingly-irrelevant information against a wild hunch. It's just because right now Alleycat's in information-gathering mode about everything and everyone in her vicinity. These all have to do with Mr. Fan and his modest proposal:

First, Accents: 17, 5, 5, 2

English as second language, almost certainly? Chinese accent? Northern or southern? Can I narrow it down to which specific language?

Second, straight memory from recent Shadowland/shadowtalk skimming and/or miscellaneous restaurant talk (aka probably obscene TN, but there's a chance):

1. (general) 8, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2
2. Rumourmongering: 2, 2 (newly opened, for now tied to her waitressing at the Last Drop ... okay, so she's not very good at it yet)

Any mention of a highly-placed someone's son or daughter gone missing in or around CFS? Any existing speculation mentioning names of specific people or their dependents who might make good rallying points against (or for!) Saito? (Other than Professor Yukiko Tanagawa's theoretically dead children -- wouldn't that be embarrassing! -- and William Beyes and family, that is?)

Any disturbances in the Tong, especially as it relates to the San Francisco occupation? Anything I've encountered about identifying a Tong member?

And it's still bringing an omg grin every time I run across that description of yours again, Digital Heroin biggrin.gif
Kurukami
Cheng's attempt to bargain Mr. Fan up to a higher fee per internee rescued is, unfortunately, going to have to default to her Charisma of 4 as she has no Negotiation (which raises the TN by 4). She's hoping that the fact that she's good looking and knows it (which should give her a -2 to the TN) will sway him to sympathy as regards her offer. From the description, the edge also in theory makes him Friendly with respect to her. (The player is uncertain whether or not that would grant an additional -2 to the TN since this is Cheng's first interaction with Mr. Fan.)

I roll, and get: 9, 8, 4, 1.

Hopefully, that's sufficient to nudge that particular figure a bit higher, even with the penalty for defaulting. Cheng's Intelligence, for purposes of what Mr. Fan needs to bargain against, is 7.
WinterRat1
Sedna- English is definitely a secondary language, you can't tell what dialect of chinese would be the primary one. As for the second item...you have absolutely NO idea about any of it.
Sedna
Damn smile.gif

Can I at least tell whether he uses "s" or "sh" in words that would be "sh" in English? That's one of the primary markers between northern and southern dialects.
paul_HArkonen
Paul would be exuding intensity except when he actually looks over at Alleycat, basically think slightly split pesonalities, he is filled with intensity and anger, but something underneath is bothering him, and something about Alleycat causes that intensity and look of barely leashed, if leashed at all, violence to disapear.
Sedna
Thanks smile.gif Appreciated.
Again, sorry for the direct asking -- I know it's against group player mores.
paul_HArkonen
nah, doesn't bother me, and I lack the writing skills to properly post it in the IC thread.
Kurukami
I take it my IC reply helped to answer those questions in regards to Cheng, Sedna? biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Sedna- No you cannot. While English is obviously not his primary language, he is very precise and his pronounciation and grammar are quite technically correct.
Sedna
Yes, thanks, Kurukami smile.gif (And damn, again, WinterRat smile.gif )
Maybe if you think of it rather as permission to use something closer to what is in the italics IC ...?

The decker is dead, enter the decker wink.gif

50/50 chance for being right, downstressed against the other possibility so it shouldn't be overly noticeable (I hope). I'm not aiming to have the gender reference noticed as such -- if he happens to pick up on it or correct it subconsciously, it's a bonus, but not primary -- but to try to evoke true reaction as to whether this suggestion is even a surprise or not.

Faking knowledge: 9, 4,3, 1
Leadership: 7, 5 (with the Companion social pool)

I can think of "legitimate" reasons why he/she/it might not wish to go ... and also ways in which the extraction might end up hurting him/her/it even more than staying. Call me wary of complications.
Sedna
Loose translation of that last (Mandarin), with the shift into the interrogative:
What price a man's image?
Sedna
I'm assuming that among our group Avalanche and Lady Cheng are the two with the datajacks, and the two who -- well -- "feel" like they might be deckers, and thus capable of quick information skim. If I missed anyone with a visible datajack, either I didn't know (correct me?), or that's not the "feel" of your character to me.
Kurukami
Are the varied files on the chip that Mr. Fan has provided us with of a size small enough to fit into my pocket secretary, or my headware memory? She's got nearly 100 Mp in her head, but that may or may not be sufficient.
WinterRat1
Assume you can fit the files onto your headware memory
WinterRat1
Kurukami, are you just downloading it or actually scanning it? I'm not posting the contents because I thought you were just downloading it for future scanning. Let me know if you are actually scanning it and I'll post a description of the contents; I just assumed you were downloading it to go over with the team all at once later on. Correct me if that is mistaken.
WinterRat1
Kurukami, let me know if you agree to the dwarf's request or not. If you do not, i'm not going to post the info; obviously if you do, I'll put it up for all to see. I'm going to wait for Lady Cheng's response before posting. Just to let you know.
Kurukami
Sorry for the delay. I'm copying it to my pocket secretary's memory to scan and hand around to the party, but I'd also like to slot the chip into a datajack and copy it into headware memory before leaving. P-secs are notoriously fragile... and the only way someone's getting stuff out of Cheng's headware memory is with some serious surgery or head-decking.
Sedna
(Ouch. Shades of Seven-of-Nine ...)

Shifting the focus just a bit, WinterRat: ie. projecting "I don't know how you see me and it doesn't matter, I'm not really that important, and I know I've been pushing you: but it's because the well-being of the one to be retrieved is of paramount importance here to both of us. If I'm to make this as easy as I can on them, I need everything you can tell me about who this person is."

(projecting this desired image): 10, 5, 5, 4, 2
Etiquette (with social pool): 4, 4, 4, 4, 2, 1

Default: 11, 7, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1
Sedna
It would be safe to assume indefinite Perception rolls as you see fit, using every sense she has, WinterRat smile.gif
At this point, that's all she's really doing: giving full attention to her environment and those within it.
Sedna
I'll assume that he gave us enough time to verify that 5 k nuyen.gif advance, and that there's monetary details for payment on the chip beyond what he told us. Hopefully that's a safe assumption?

I also happen to know that at least one player's computer died yesterday mid-post, WinterRat -- will that player still be allowed to say anything to Mr Fan?

Edit: don't worry about it. That computer is toast and will take time to fix/replace, so don't keep the game frozen on that account.
Shev
Sedna, who's comp died?
WinterRat1
Your assumption verifications are correct. And they can just ask OOC, and if Fan would've/could've answred, I'll just say it here in the OOC thread. Fair?
Sedna
Neophyte Overlord's, who'll be working through (extremely time-limited) public access for a while.

And, thanks.
Neophyte Overlord
Yes, I apologize, it is my computer that is fried. I'm getting it replaced, but it'll be a problem for the next week or so.

And I have to curse at you paul, for beating me to the mention of the run sounding like an extraction! smile.gif
paul_HArkonen
I don't believe I did beat you to that punch, I think you mean that comment to go towards Digital
WinterRat1
I am here, just so you all know. Unless you need me to do something, I'm just going to let you guys run with the planning and what not, so keep going. Great game everyone!
Sedna
Small metagame, since I can't actually write it directly into the thread -- any objections from anyone if WinterRat writes us all as having arrived at the grill? That way those who are there can plan and eat to their hearts' content, and we'll not be stalled in case of sudden workload descent or lack of computer access etc.
Shev
Sounds fine to me
paul_HArkonen
sounds fine to me
WinterRat1
Sounds fine to me as well. I don't see the name of the grill in your sheet Shev. Does the place have a name (in your mind; obviously it has a name)? Just post the name here and I'll write you all in as having arrived at the grill when I get it.
Shev
Nopes, it's just called Blink's Grill. Unimaginitive, I know, but it works smile.gif
WinterRat1
Oh btw Shev, you have a World IC entry for you, in case you haven't been keeping track. And that's for everyone too. Although by and large your characters are pretty much tied into their run, continue to check World IC and Shadowland from time to time for anything in their 'normal' lives that may be happening.
Kurukami
biggrin.gif Y'know, I must admit I'm astounded that Cheng, the human-looking ork with a Charisma of 4, limited Etiquette, and no Negotiation somehow managed to be designated the group's leader. *grin*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012