Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix Grid codes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
prettz
The Grid codes: LTG, RTG, PLTG's and the such are there a formula or a way to figure out the codes or do you simply pick them out of a hat? Right now I'm trying to figure out a bunch of codes for cities and corps and I got no clue where to start. Right now I'm targeting Hong Kong, Wuxing, vladivostok.
Bigity
I'm not sure what your question is really..let me try.

RTG = Regional Telecommunications Grid (think country level)
For example, a single RTG services the UCAS

LTG = Local Telecommunications Grid (think area code type area, city size)
Seattle has it's own LTG

PLTG = Private Local Telecommunications Grid (think private area code, typically used by businesses for non-public hosts)
Most of the megas have a PLTG that is connected to the Seattle LTG
prettz
I'm after the codes needed to acces the various grids.
Take Seattle for example:
Downtown LTG: 206/2206
Bellevue LTG: 9206
Tacoma LTG: 5206
Everett LTG: 3206
Renton LTG: 16206
Auburn LTG: 1206
Snohomish LTG: 17206
Fort Lewis LTG: 22206
Redmond LTG: 11206
Puyallup LTG: 4206

Now how are these codes determined, did the developers pick numbers out of a hat or is their reason for this. I know their not really that important but I want them for completeness on the some of the cities I'm developing.
Bigity
Heh, I don't know if those kinds of specifics have ever been updated/maintained.
prettz
Yep, in the New Seattle book covers the LTG's for all the distrcits.
Scarecrow237
QUOTE (prettz)
I'm after the codes needed to acces the various grids.
Take Seattle for example:
Downtown LTG: 206/2206
Bellevue LTG: 9206
Tacoma LTG: 5206
Everett LTG: 3206
Renton LTG: 16206
Auburn LTG: 1206
Snohomish LTG: 17206
Fort Lewis LTG: 22206
Redmond LTG: 11206
Puyallup LTG: 4206

Now how are these codes determined, did the developers pick numbers out of a hat or is their reason for this. I know their not really that important but I want them for completeness on the some of the cities I'm developing.

The current real life area code on telephones in Seattle is 206. Since the SR books were written they have since added an area code or two.

I think the developers decided to add numbers to the beginning of each region to show it as being a part of Seattle but still a subdevided area. I'm sure that these numbers were "random" only in the sense that the have no other meaning.

For regions outside of the Books, I'd go ahead an pick a random number for their LTG grids. If you really want to be a completest I'm sure you can google for a HK phone number and base your LTG off of that.
Synner
Actually I think prettz is inquiring after the typical Grid and Host ACIFS Ratings.

Info on Matrix Security can be found on p.110 and following of the Matrix rulebook (which also includes sample RTGs ACIFS for most major countries/regions and a system for generating Security Sheaves). Also some pretty good examples of typical ACIFS and Security Sheaves, as well as more information on what Grids, Hosts and PLTGs are and how they function, can be found in the exceptional sourcebook Target: Matrix (including iirc several detailed "archetypes" such as an S-K Prime host, the Yamatetsu MSP Grid and one Federal records host).
hobgoblin
and both sr3 and matrix have a system for rolling up some host stats (and thats what *TGs are, gigantic hosts that have only one mission, route traffic).

fromwhat i recall you picked a security color and difficulty as normal and rolled but then substracted 2 from every number on the subcode to show that its a very open system (atleast in theory, some places have orange as the color damnit!). why? would you like to fry the phone of some old grandma that just happend to dail the secure line to aztechby mistake when she was trying to call the corner shop? hmm, support lines in the future must be fun smile.gif

edit:
damn i cant find the quote that says that *TGs are supposed to have subsystems 2 lower then a similar host. may be leftovers in my brain from VR2 (the SR2 rulebook that introduced the current system for those that dont know)...
prettz
actually Synner, I was after both the actual code that Scarecrow237 and that you mentioned. He had the first part and you started on the second part of it.

I don't have the Matrix book so can someone give me the ACIFS Ratings for the China area (Hong Kong, Wuxing) and for the Vladivostok area and Yamatetsu corp in the area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012