Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won't You Be My Neigbor?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
Neighborhood Generator from p. 92 MLJBB.

Just posting here and on my DCRS project thread to (re)generate interest in the DCRS. My overhaul of the system, starting in mid-August, has been taking me much longer than I'd hope (silly full-time job getting in the way of my spare time) so I thought I'd take a few evenings off to finish off a few generators and calculators that I didn't get around to the first time.

For those of you who don't know the DCRS, it's a large PHP/MySQL based project online to track information about your shadowrun games. There's a number of enhancements for DCSRS v3.0 (which is what I'm working on right now) so stay tuned, but feel free to check out the site @ dcrs.dashifen.com to learn more.

What I would like, however, is if somone could send me (either by PM or post below) the average response times from New Seattle (p. 108-111 according to MLJBB) so that I can include that information on the site. Seems like something that would help a lot of people out. Not looking for all four pages from New Seattle, just the average response times would be nice.

When I get around to updating the generator, I'll include the names of some of the locations as well as page numbers from the Where's It At (p. 70-92 MLJBB) section where applicable.
Kanada Ten
AAA
    Aware of Problem - Instant
    First Response - 1 or 2
    Second Response - 1 or 2
    Patrol Arrives - 2
    Reinforcements 1 - D6
    Reinforcements 2 - 2
    Continuing Response - 3
AA
    Aware of Problem - D6/3
    First Response - D6/3
    Second Response - D6/3
    Patrol Arrives - D6/3
    Reinforcements 1 - D6
    Reinforcements 2 - 2
    Continuing Response - 3
A
    Aware of Problem - D6
    First Response - D6
    Second Response - D6
    Patrol Arrives - D6/2
    Reinforcements 1 - D6
    Reinforcements 2 - 2
    Continuing Response - 3
B
    Aware of Problem - D6
    First Response - D6
    Second Response - D6
    Patrol Arrives - D6/2
    Reinforcements 1 - D6+2
    Reinforcements 2 - 4
    Continuing Response - 3
C
    Aware of Problem - D6*2
    First Response - D6*3
    Second Response - NA
    Patrol Arrives - D6
    Reinforcements 1 - D6+4
    Reinforcements 2 - 6
    Continuing Response - 6
D
    Aware of Problem - D6*2
    First Response - NA
    Second Response - NA
    Patrol Arrives - D6
    Reinforcements 1 - D6+6
    Reinforcements 2 - 6
    Continuing Response - 6
E
    Aware of Problem - D6*3
    First Response - NA
    Second Response - NA
    Patrol Arrives - NA
    Reinforcements 1 - D6*3
    Reinforcements 2 - 8
    Continuing Response - 8
Z
    Aware of Problem - NA
    First Response - NA
    Second Response - NA
    Patrol Arrives - NA
    Reinforcements 1 - NA
    Reinforcements 2 - NA
    Continuing Response - NA
Dashifen
sweet, thanks k-10. Also: Shadowruns on the fly from page 115 of MLJBB.
Crimsondude 2.0
Dude, those two sites are so money...
Krieger
I'm gonna have to bookmark those until I can get a copy of that book. Thanks for the links.
Bigity
It would be nice to be able to choose the security of the neighborhood, but in any case, nice work smile.gif Very handy
Dashifen
QUOTE (Bigity)
It would be nice to be able to choose the security of the neighborhood, but in any case, nice work smile.gif Very handy

Gee --- why didn't I think of that embarrassed.gif . I'll put that together tonight.
Sijal
Any chance of getting those as a seperate program to go on a laptop?
Dashifen
QUOTE (Sijal @ Sep 16 2004, 09:10 AM)

Unless you have or want to install PHP on your computer then not really. I could send you the code if you want to code it into a more client friendly language (C++ comes to mind) but otherwise it's specifically a web-based technology, sorry. On the other hand, you could generate 20 or so different neighborhoods/runs and copy/paste them into a word document, print it and now you don't need the programs anymore.

Edit: grammar
Dashifen
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Dude, those two sites are so money...

Thanks.
Ecclesiastes
Dash is the MAN. notworthy.gif
John Campbell
QUOTE (Dashifen)
QUOTE (Sijal @ Sep 16 2004, 09:10 AM)

Unless you have or want to install PHP on your computer then not really.

... Doesn't everyone have a PHP-enabled Web server with an SQL backend running on their laptop?
winterhawk11
Hey Dashifen, that runs-on-the-fly generator is great! smile.gif (I wrote that part of the book, and that's such a cool way to use it. I'll definitely bookmark that page. smile.gif )

Hey, could you do a random contact-quirk generator too? biggrin.gif
Dashifen
I could, but that didn't really have any rolls involved in it, did it? You just looked at the list and picked on. The generators that I've been picking out of the mix are those that requre much dice rolling (like the shadowrun on the fly section) so that people can fire up my site in game and get the answers in a moment. But, that being said, I'll look at the contact quirks and see if I can come up with something.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Dashifen)
QUOTE (Bigity @ Sep 16 2004, 09:01 AM)
It would be nice to be able to choose the security of the neighborhood, but in any case, nice work smile.gif  Very handy

Gee --- why didn't I think of that embarrassed.gif . I'll put that together tonight.

This is done -- you can now choose a zone rating or simply let the computer choose for you.

Thanks for the compliments and the hits wink.gif
winterhawk11
I could, but that didn't really have any rolls involved in it, did it? You just looked at the list and picked on. The generators that I've been picking out of the mix are those that requre much dice rolling (like the shadowrun on the fly section) so that people can fire up my site in game and get the answers in a moment. But, that being said, I'll look at the contact quirks and see if I can come up with something.

You just gave me an idea, actually...if nobody beats me to it, I think I'll take the quirks section and flesh it out into a full-blown contact generator with metatype, gender, etc. If I post that, maybe it'll lend itself better to conversion to one of your automatic generators, yes? Thanks! smile.gif
Dashifen
Sure --- you give me some kind of roll 1d6 against this table etc. rules and I can dice it up with PHP into a web page smile.gif The generators that are like that are dirt simple to push out. It's the Ally Spirits, Decks, Guns, sort of things that require all those silly users to input stuff that become a problem for programming smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012