Full Version: GenCon SoCal
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Ecclesiastes
Dec. 2 - 5, 2004
Anaheim, California
Anaheim Convention Center

Who has plans to be there?
Fenris
I'll be there, but probably running more games then I'm participating in.
Ecclesiastes
I'm slotted to run three games myself, but I'm gunna try to get myself into a few Missions games too.
grendel
You know I'll be there.
Ecclesiastes
Sweet. Maybe this time I'll actually be able to find you. smile.gif
CirclMastr
I'm hoping to be there, of course I said that last time and ended up not being able to go.
RedmondLarry
I expect to run some Shadowrun Missions events.

Correction: I expect to play lots of Shadowrun. I might also run a pickup game for GMs on Sunday.
BishopMcQ
It's been confirmed that I will be in attendance Friday and Saturday...now I just need to remember where I put that event planner...
Cynic project
Well if the Gods are nice, I will be there.But Ironicly mainly to see a DJ,and not the con.
Large Mike

Grey, I'm sure I've seen you and Grendal in the same room at the same time before. I'm *sure* of it.

I'll probably miss it. Some will be pleased, some will not be.

But if anyone sees that guy with the panda on his head, engage him in a fight to the death for me.
Ecclesiastes
Guy with Panda on head. Check.

Keep calling me Grey and die. Check.
Blitz
I went ahead and dropped a little plug down below for anyone that misses this nice sticky smile.gif

BTW...I'll be the one stressing out at any given moment biggrin.gif
TimeKeeper
I'll try and get my cousin to go in my place... though that didn't work out last year either...
BishopMcQ
So Buddha and I were talking the other day, anyone up for a Dumpshock meetup? We were thinking brunch or lunch at one of the local food venues on Saturday since that is probably when most of us will be there. What do all of you think?
grendel
Sunday morning would be better since most of us are going to be running games on Saturday.
Blitz
Woot...color me there whenever, though in checking the schedule, Grendel's right, there isn't a time on Friday or Saturday where either myself, Grendel, Fenris or Ecclesiastes isn't running a game...
Necro Tech
Go late night. Last year we all played in Grendel's game that started at what.....10 or 11 o'clock. You only need to sleep one night.
grendel
Actually, OurTeam has volunteered to run a game for us on Sunday, or even on the 11th since he's going to be in town for a week or so after the convention. So we all could have a chance to play.
Large Mike
Heh. And a few of us did Grendels game one night and the CP2020 massive game the next night. Sleep? Sleep is for the weak.

(And sorry, man, but I trip real bad over Ecclestia...[hold on, gotta look it up]Ecclesiastes. That, and it gives me bad flashbacks from Catholic school. It seemed less rude than using your real name.)
BishopMcQ
Well, I'll only be there Friday and Saturday unless you count the late night arrival Thursday...so Sunday is out for me. But if someone can swing us a table, I'd be more than willing to do a latenight Friday game. I'll run it if there are no other volunteers...

Blitz/Grendel--how does that fit with the scheduled games?
grendel
The last event both Friday and Saturday nights will be the tournament. If it has to be one of those nights, then I prefer Saturday since my Sunday event doesn't start until 1000. Friday night we'll still have admin stuff to take care of for Saturday's schedule. Of course, all of this could get shot to hell if more (or fewer) players show up than we're expecting. Stay flexible and we'll have something ironed out by Saturday morning.
Ecclesiastes
Ponders asking his wife if she could whip up one of her batches of Albondigas soup and having everyone over to his place.

Oh, and Large Mike, feel free to call me Rich, I'd much prefer that to Grey.
grendel
All right, for those of you who went as both player and GM, what did you think? Facilities ok? Accessibility? Advertising for the Con? Preparation of the GMs? Organization, both SR and overall Con? What would you like to see more of? Less of? What could we do better next year?
Ecclesiastes
Munchies and Drinks for the GMs! biggrin.gif
Silverserpent
Grendel you ran a fine tournament even if there was only five of us at the table. The pregens for the tourney were horrible and whoever did them should be taken out and shot, but you knew that already. Besides that I can't complain how the games went or the job you guys did there was always someone around if us players had a question and you gm's were easy enough to find.
Necro Tech
The ever popular complaint of lack of timely information. I got two weeks notice that I was running stuff and I got to read my adventure blurb when I showed up for the Con. The curtained rooms blew because of the noise but I'm glad they put up stairs stuff and downstaris stuff closer together. Three cheers for all who attended to help keep FanPro there for another year.
Large Mike

We all know my complaint about the pregens, but ce la vie. What I would have liked to have seen was more players, but that can't be helped much... actually, I think it can. Advertising. That might be the ticket.

Other than that, I basically dug it all. (According to some, I'm the only one, but that's neither here nor there.)

In conclusion: Advertising. And good luck.
Large Mike

You know, after the fact.

Stupid calender.
Ecclesiastes
Actually, this year was good player wise. I ran four games. Three had five players and only my last game Saturday night (ran durring the tourny) had three players on it. All in all, things picked up for the second GenCon SoCal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012