Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
BishopMcQ
::December 15, 2063 1430 hours::

Seattle is covered in a thick blanket of snow, while the sun battles with stormfronts for control of the sky. In the downtown core, Lonestar officers hunker down in their patrol cars with coffee to stave off the cold of another winter morning. In the Barrens, squatters pool together over burning cans of debris.

Elsewhere a lone figure moves casually through a trainstation and sets his backpack into a rental locker. The clink of compressed gas canisters is muffled over by ther sound of the incoming train. He looks over the people nearby, reading their auras for fear or loathing. Sensing it, he smiles to himself and boards the train.

Detective Tak Morgan looks over his paperwork. There has to be a pattern, I just have to find what it is. News comes in that the scumbag he brought in last month after a six month investigation didn't show up to court today. That's the piece. He reaches for the phone, hoping that this would all work.

JT and Kane were just coming back into the house to warm up from their run, when Detective Morgan hung up. But the message is more than obvious.

JT--Listen, I need a favor and since you are in the biz of tracking people down get a team and give me a call. --Tak
Bastard
JT steps in from the cold, setting his passkey, along with a couple shopping bags full of Christmas gifts on a small table near the door. "Kane, get the machine!" The large german shepherd trots over to the telecom and paws at it, but nothing happens. He'll get it sooner or later. JT walks over and hits the playback button and the message replays. Hmmm...this sounds promising.

Using the return call feature, JT reaches out and touches Tak, "How is it going. It sounds like you got a big one for me. What size team are we looking at?"

toturi
Nathan Grave is a creature of habit when he is not on a mission. He woke up as usual at 0500 in time to join the troopers of Task Force Seattle for their morning PT. It was not that difficult a thing to rent a private place in Fort Lewis, not with the connections he had got. As an ex-Delta officer he was accorded respect and discretion from the line troopers and many of the officers on base. Old warhorses were always allowed back on base, there's always something to learn from their war stories even if the only lesson was to keep your head down and take cover. He had checked the box for Army Reserve on the Matrix form, not that he wanted to.

Only the most hardcore of campanies were doing PT this morning, the sub-zero temperatures were too cold, and those hoop-kissing ossifers who wrote the training program were worried about hypothermia. A casualty was bad for their Fitreps.

Another day... Wonder when would the next job come along? Grave's trigger finger was itchy, not that he was ever trigger happy. At least not that he remembered.
HMHVV Hunter
Helios started awake as his alarm jolted him from a restful sleep.

1730 hours, thought Helios, looking at the clock. Right on time for this season.

Helios had been living a nocturnal life practically since he'd started vampire hunting, the better to find his prey. He almost never saw a sunrise anymore, and as he looked out the window the sky was already dark blue/nearly black.

He hardly ever regretted these sacrifices. If he hadn't stepped up, there would have been quite a few others who would never see a sunrise again either.

Almost time to go on patrol, Helios thought as he headed for the shower and turned on the shower radio.
Tanka
((I'm assuming you want signatures off for readability's sake. If not, meh.))

Charlie woke up to a pounding in his skull. As always. He got carried away at Joe's bar, "Holy Fragglesnot!," the other night with stories and got himself hammered. As always.

He swung his legs out of the bed with a force of will almost unheard of, then stood up slowly, stretching all his joints. He immediately went for the SoySprin™ on his nightstand, took two out and swallowed them without water.

Shoulda taken that chaseh... Gonna be another long day...

With much more will, he forced himself to shower. On his way to it, he glanced at the wall clock. 8:59. Getting good at waking up at 9 without any aid.
BishopMcQ
JT:

Tak's voice is strained as he answers the phone. Hearing your voice, he shifts gears and gives you his full attention.

"Well, I'd think a team of seven to ten should be more than enough. Basically just a virologist with some underworld connections who skipped bail. I can send you the whole file if you're interested. Listen, I've been sitting on this for about half an hour, I need to know if you are in or if I should call another headhunter."
Bastard
"I cant believe you doubted us, Tak," JT responds half-sarcastically,"of course we're in. Send me the file and I will look it over. After I read it over I will organize a team accordingly. How much are we looking at?"
BishopMcQ
JT:
"Well, bail for the skip was a hundred thousand, I'm supposed to give the headhunter half of that."

Your pocket-secretary chimes with an incoming file. Tak has done his work as usual, there's a complete CV on the mark, as well as, a last known address. Looks like Lucien Ballefour was researching a vaccine for VITAS-II and decided to start human testing earlier than approved by government regulation. His methods were highly unorthodox, but he swears that he has a vaccine if not a cure.
Bastard
"Tak, I think youre going to have to renegotiate with the bail bondsman. There is no way I can assemble a good team of ten men at 5,000 nuyen.gif a head, especially when dealing with biological agents. You know I would love to help you, but 50,000 for a large team is pretty skim. Youre going to have to offer a lot more."
BishopMcQ
JT:
"What if you get a smaller team? Eight of you would come out to 12.5 if I got the whole bail. Would that work or do I have to reach further?"
Bastard
"I think 65k wouldnt be that far of a reach, and I will definitely assemble a smaller team."
BishopMcQ
JT:
"65 more righjt? Figure sixteen each for a big team, twenty for a small one...yeah I could get that to fly. Go get him. I need him back here within a month though. He needs to be standing in court on January 20th to get the check."
HeySparky
Elsewhere in the City

Edana frowns at the sad, withered plant in front of her. Watermint. From the bank of the river Boyne in a mystic valley near the place she'd grown up. A place very far from the her ratty apartment up in Old Everett.

Cold Everett is more the way of it...

A moving flash of white outside in the eddies of snow outside the frosted window pane makes her look up. Herne. Shaking her head and fighting a lopsided grin she goes to the door before the great, ruddy hound-shaped spirit can scratch at it. Again.

Wish I understood why he has to use the door.

She opens the door and Herne barrels in with a blast of cold air. Edana shrieks and slams the creaking door shut, spinning around, glaring in mock-menace at the dripping spirit-beast in her living-dining-sitting-bed-room.

"Townsend's gonna kick me out when you tear that thing off its hinges. Why can't you just go through the Astral?" Edana's thick accent makes the words barely understandable, though Herne picks up the gist of her meaning through their link. He lets his tongue loll out the side of his mouth, a vision of canine happiness.

"Takes too long." It's a strange thing to see a dog talk, even if the deep-chested gravelly voice fits.

His golden eyes begin to gleam with mischeif and Edana begins to shake her head, "Oh no, no you don't! Not agai---" Edana grabs the towel she's started keeping by the door and lunges at Herne, but not in time to catch the flying spray as the massive dog-spirit shakes himself dry. She wrestles the towel onto him as he begins to howl as he vanishes into Astral space - the baying turns into laughter as Edana hits the ground unceremoniously.

She shakes her head ruefully and begins to mop up the mess, "Ya think I would ha learned by now."

Wringing out the towel in her shower she slings it over the enclosure and dashes out of the room as she hears her comm's polite chime. Cursing as she bangs her knee on the kitchen counter, she reaches for the comm...
Bastard
"Thanks Tak. I will see you within the month then," JT disconnects the call with a touch of a button.

Looking at the pocket secretary, JT scans over the file quickly, pondering who would fit the job. Well it doesnt hurt to get a few opinions from my colleagues. JT places a few calls to long time partners Gonzales and Bishop.

"Hey chummers a big one just fell into our laps. A little backup was suggested, probably another five. It pays 160,000 to split eight ways in that case. If you have any ideas for possible roster additions Im all ears. Lets set up a meet as soon as possible. I can send you a copy of the file to look over, and see who will be a good acquisition."
Johnson
Some where in the Redmond Barrens

Tiny lifts his head from the very cramped qubical, sits up and checks that he has all his gear with him still. The smell of burning plastic hits his nose, quickly checking that he has not over charged his battries for his Stun Baton.

Warmly dressed and good packed Tiny head out to the derelect building 4 block down. This is his training ground. The Gangers in the area leave him alone. They have a mutual respect for this large Troll.

With the days this cold business has been bad. Only if he had planned his winter a bit better he could have been living more upton than here in the Barrens.

Everyday hoping to that the phone will ring with some good news.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales rolls over to blearily answer the phone. "what is it?" he asks the telecom, seeing JT's grinning face.

"Hey chummer a big one just fell into our laps. A little backup was suggested, probably another five. It pays 160,000 to split eight ways in that case. If you have any ideas for possible roster additions Im all ears. Lets set up a meet as soon as possible. I can send you a copy of the file to look over, and see who will be a good acquisition."

"You know I was having a good dream," Gonzales looks over at the rest of his room, notices the occupants. "A very good dream."

"I can see that, any ideas who?"

"That Magical lass I worked with about 6 weeks ago, her with her ally spirit would be a good rookie draft."

"You and pretty faces..."

"Shaddup, it's too early and you ain't much better."

"cool anyone else."

"Not off the top of my head but I'll wake up, have breakfast, and think about it."

"Null perspiration."
Bastard
"...Null perspiration. In fact someone just came to mind, I think you've met 'Uncle Charlie' before. Well get your breakfast and scan that file I sent you. You do know its almost 1500 hour, right?"

The telecom screen goes blank and Gonzales rolls back over, probably in effort to fall back into that dream. Shortly after his pocket secretary plays a short tune by the Sex Kittens with the arrival of the new file.

JT scans down the list under his telecom locating Charlie's number. "Hey Charlie, its JT. Looking for work?"
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales gets up, careful to not disturb the bed's other occupants. He gets a robe on and proceeds to the shower.

After showering and changing, Gonzales sends a message to Edana,

It reads "Hey there, you recovered from your birthday party yet. JT, that other guy I brought to the party, the one who got you the necklace, well he's got some work for us. Call me if you are interested."

He then starts preparing three servings of breakfast. While checking the name and photo registries in his poc sec, to avoid embarrasing mixups when breakfast is ready...

"who was that troll I worked with that time... oh yeah, called himself tiny, will send the message to him too."

Gonzales sends Tiny a message saying "We got a skip, 10k plus per hunter for the team, call me for more data if interested."

a final message to JT saying that himself is in and he has found probably two extras, including Edana.
Ecclesiastes
Bishop is kneeling at the foot on his bed, deep in prayer when a small *Incoming Call* LED lights up in the upper left corner of his vision.

"Excuse me Lord..."

With a mental command, the line picks up and his internal comm gear routes the call into his subdermal speakers.

"Hey chummer a big one just fell into our laps. A little backup was suggested, probably another five. It pays 160,000 to split eight ways in that case. If you have any ideas for possible roster additions Im all ears. Lets set up a meet as soon as possible. I can send you a copy of the file to look over, and see who will be a good acquisition."

"Roger that. I'll be happy to come along. I don't know many people, at least none that would be decent allies on the job. Once you have the team together, drop me a line and let me know where to meet. I've got some packing to do. Bishop Out."
Tanka
Charlie woke up from his afternoon nap to the sound of his telecom ringing loudly. He swore at it and got up, begrudgingly. After a few good moments of effort, he plopped down in front of the unit.

"Hey Charlie, its JT. Looking for work?"

"You woke me from a damn good nap to ask that?! Bah, respect yer elders, kid. Yeah, yeah, I'm up fer a job. Always fun to go out on a hunt. Wadda we got this time? Another horned bear?"
Bastard
"Actually Uncle Charlie we're chasing a metahuman this time. Im going to set up a meet tonight, so I will be in contact. Big money, but we're going to need a larger team. Looks like we have six right now, including me, plus Kane. Could use two more, you have any suggestions?"
Tanka
Charlie looks a bit lost in thought for a second, then blinks back to "life" and nods his head.

"Yeah, yeah, gonna havta be a middleman though. Call up Ec, she knows all the bounty hunters 'round these parts."
Bastard
After ending the call with Charlie, JT calls the one man who knows everyone, his fixer Jax.

"Whats going on Jax? You know how I can get in touch with a couple experienced bounty hunters? I worked with a guy by the name of Graves, I think, a couple months back. Do you think you can get me into contact with him?"
BishopMcQ
JT:
"Oy mate, I cahn do thaht."

Jax's thick accent comes across the line with a slight drawl to it. The sounds of electronic beeps echo across the phone connection as the fixer scrolls through his digital rolodex.

"Aight, here's who I got available this week. Graves, the blank slate you mentioned, and a guy named Helios. That's one's a little past the social definition of psycho about the flesh-eating types but he's a solid tracker. Do you need more than two recommendations?"
Bastard
"No, two is perfect. I'll give them a call right now. Thanks chummer," JT says, as he ends the call quickly, anxious to get things rolling.

Immediately after hanging up with the fixer, JT is dialing the first contact. "Grave, long time no see. How would you like to work with Kane and I again? Bishop and Gonzales are joining us, as well as a few other big names in the bounty hunting biz. Call me back when you get this message."

After leaving the message for Grave, JT quickly dials the Gonzales. "Hey chummer, youve worked with Helios before. Ive only met him briefly a few weeks back, do you think he would be up for the hunt?"
Kremlin KOA
"Helios is a strange one J.T., you can only get him interested in one of two ways. "

"And what's that" Taggart replied.

"He's obsessed with his one man war against the 'Infected' HMHVV wise. Either you have to convince hi that the payoff will help him fund his war, or that performing the hunt itself will further his agenda..." Gonzales started to explain, then trailed off.

"Well Gonzo old buddy, I hate the undead as much as the next guy, but I don’t think this hunt covers that. I do however think his share of the 160,000 nuyen.gif will help aid in his war efforts."

"That's something I don't get. Taggart, you said the bail on this guy is 100k nuyen.gif?"

"Inflation my bounty hunting friend. That was our original share, I got it bumped up due to the biohazard risks involved." Taggarts face beamed with pride.

"Yeah but who pays 160% of a skip's bail to get him back? For 40k nuyen.gif they could have had him whacked and sent just as strong a message with less impact on the bottom line... There's something else going on here." Gonzales replies, a little worried.

"Exactly. When I was told to assemble a team of eight to ten, I knew there was more going down. We're not getting 160% though. I think the actual bail is 200,000 nuyen.gif but I will have to look into that later." The ex cop elaborates.

"200+k nuyen.gif on a researcher? Makes me wonder if he was really working on a cure... or even if VITAS was his virus of choice... BINGO! I know how we can get Helios on board, this guy is a virologist, he probably has knowledge on HMHVV that Helios could get out of him on the trip back... play up the virologist angle when you recruit him and he should sign up." Gonzales exitedly babbes.

"You don’t think the 10 counts of murder had come into play for that 200k?" Taggart asks with a slightly pained expression.

"You know murder don't rank better than 15k per head bail unless the victims were important, sad but true." gonzales flatly answers.

"I know...just thought I would throw that in there, due to my personal beliefs. Our justice system is sad." Taggart sighs.

"Yeah, this century brought a lot of cool things into the world, it is a pity the price of these wonders was so high." Gonzales laments.

"True. Well I'm going to give Helios a call. I will send out a message for the meet time when I hear back from everyone. I'm thinking Bling Bling McShizzle's tonight around nine. I just can't get enough of those The Shizzle Hot Wings."

"This isn't country and western night is it?" Gonzales asks, worried.

"Not that I know of...I’m usually too drekfaced when I’m there to notice though."

"Good. I'll wait for Edana and Tiny to call, and then get them to go there. Catch ye later Taggart."

"Later, Short stuff."
Bastard
Damn, I've spent more time on the phone today than a schoolgirl. JT flops himself onto the sofa in preparation for his next call. "Kane, get me a beer," JT points toward the kitchen. The German shepherd scampers over to the fridge, tugs the towel tied around the handle and shoves his face into the cooler. Prancing back toward the living room with his canine smile, Kane returns to JT with a bottle of ketchup. Dammit... He pats the dog on the head anyway and resorts to magic, levitating a cold one from the kitchen to his hand. He pops the top and fizzes a bit, but not enough to overflow. "At least close the door Kane," JT commands. This time the order is carried out and Kane is rewarded with a scratching behind the ears.

I guess I should make that call now. JT picks up telecom again and dials the number provided by Jax.

"Helios, the name is JT, we've met before, but under less formal conditions. Jax tells me you may be interested in some work. I know you prefer to work alone, but I dont think you will want to pass up this offer."

toturi
Training, training and more training. That's how you stay alive. Saturation training. If you can blow a ragged hole in the head of your target after morning PT and before breakfast, you know you've still got it.

After Grave had his breakfast after the shooting range, he went to the zoo. Though not officially an employee of the zoo, he goes to the zoo every so often to catch up on the latest on paranormal animals and to research on other magical threats.

It was late afternoon when he got back to his house. He saw that there was a message on his telecom. After hearing it, he smiled. Finally, back in the saddle. Time to lock and load. Game face on.

He hits the return call function on his telecom, "Good evening, I just recieved your call. I am definately interested in biz. How's Kane? I might want to use him as stud for some of the hellhounds here at the zoo. Anyway, I'll be pleased to be working you, Gonzales and Bishop. Where do I meet you guys and what are the specifics of the bounty?"

Hanging up, he pulls out his weapons from his weapons chest and gives each one a thorough cleaning, before hand loading each weapon.
HeySparky
Edana picks up her comm, "Ow! Hi!" She peers at the unit and raises to her ear, "Assay?" She makes a face and rubs her knee as the light on the comm begins to blink.

Right, a message. Gonzales? At his hour? Something's up.

Her eyes light up and her mouth twitches. WORK. The young woman scans the message and glances at the file. Skip's a virologist? Wonder why I'm in? She messages Gonzales back --

>>>>>[Got your message. I have the time on me. Who else besides the doley little poless fella and his dog? And, yeah, I'm mended. Meet at McShizzle's?]<<<<<
--- FirEd (14:35:15/15-DEC-2063)

Pay rarely matters to Edana, after the few job's she's taken it's the hunt that stirs her blood. The fleeing prey and the heat of the chase. Her mouth twitches again as she starts to run down where the 'skip' ...A great word, that... might be holing up.

Edana catches her heart beginning to beat harder and takes a couple calming breaths, "We've got a gig, Herne. You coming?"

Before he replies she is focused on her PDA, running a search for

"Ballefour Pharmaceuticals AND Charity/Charities"
"Ballefour Pharmaceuticals AND subsidiary"
"Ballefour AND holdings AND foreign OR domestic"
"Tamanous AND Ballefour"
"Tamanous AND Ballefour AND organ"

She's looking for names associated with either company... for places the man might run to... for places to start looking for Doc McCoy or Luke Baiour. She's careful to keep her searches somewhat generic so that her attention to the skip doesn't register as out of the ordinary.

Edana's not showing up for another job without having done some homework.

EDIT: Spelling.
HMHVV Hunter
Helios walks out of his bathroom in his shorts to find the message light on his telecom blinking. Intrigued, he taps the button.

"Helios, the name is JT, we've met before, but under less formal conditions. Jax tells me you may be interested in some work. I know you prefer to work alone, but I dont think you will want to pass up this offer."

Helios taps the "Reply" button and fires off a message back to JT.

"JT, Helios. Given that line about not wanting to pass it up, it must be something relating to the Infected. What's the job?"
Bastard
"Well Helios, it just involves a little old virolgoist, who likes to use the innocent as his personal lab rats. Our share of the bounty is 160k, split eight ways. With that kind of bounty I'm thinking he may know more than we are lead to believe. I'm sending you the file now."

It only takes a split second for the file to arrive in Helios's hands.

"Go ahead and check that over. If there is nothing else I will see you at nine at Bling Bling McShizzle's."

After the conversation with Helios, JT sends a message out to the rest of the team.

Meet tonight at Bling Bling McShizzle's and we will get working on a plan.--JT
BishopMcQ
Edana:

Your computer search takes most of the afternoon. Looking up at the clock, you realize that you have five minutes to get ready, plow through downtown traffic, and get to the meeting if you want to be on time. Scouring through what you collected, it's mainly a grouping of dead ends and places not to look but a few kernels of insight were hidden amidst the hours of minutia.

Lacking any major funding, Ballefour Pharmaceuticals falls in the high C range of corporations, climbig towards a B with their recent white papers released on advances in mapping the pharmaceutical impacts of SURGE on metahumanity. With holdings in the UCAS and Europe, Ballefour seems poised to make a jump up the corporate ladder, officially requesting permission to be recognized by the Corporate Court for extra-territoriality. This is rumored to be a ploy to shield Lucien Ballefour from direct prosecution by hiding behind a many-layered blanket of paperwork.

Pushing aside the coporate mumbo jumbo, you find houses leased to Luke Baiour in New Orleans and London as subsidiary lodging for Melchior Munitions.

JT:
You step into McShizzle's about half an hour early so as to reserve a table for your large crowd. The blaring music of techno remixed with a country twang overwhelms your senses momentarily. A band known as Astral Fusion is just ending their set. Instruments drop to the ground as the entire band of free spirits, literally, dematerializes. No one is ever going to believe you...

The juke box starts back up as the wait staff wipes down tables and none of them seem to take heed of the shift in atmosphere.
HMHVV Hunter
"I'll be there," Helios said.

Better find someone to cover my shift Helios thinks as he heads to his PC.

Logging onto Hunter Net, he sends out the usual message.

<<<[FONT=Optima]Can anyone cover my usual patrol route for tonight? I've got some extra work to do. Thanks.>>>
-Helios [12-15-63, 17:03:30][/FONT=Optima]

With several hours before the meet, Helios dinks around a bit beforehand.

As he heads for the meet, Helios grabs his Manhunter, loads a clip in and stores it in the concealable holster hidden under his lined coat. He also pockets an extra clip just to be on the safe side.

Virologist, eh? Wonder which virus...
toturi
After Grave acknowledges the call to gather at the Bling Bling McShizzle's, he keys his telecom for a map of the surrounding area of the meeting place. Satisfied with his examination of the area, he proceeds to change into a set of clothing more suitable for a meeting.

He loads up his Ares Slivergun into his concealed holster and 4 reloads before mounting his bike and making his way to the meet.
Bastard
JT claims a large table in the back of the bar and grill, placing an order to arrive at 2050. The waitress returns with a large tray including a couple orders each of The Shizzle HOT Wings, Bling Bling Onion Rings, MaShizzle Cheese Sticks, and Crispy McShizzle's Chicken Strips. Damn this food smells good, I'll just have a quick bite. JT snags an onion ring as the waitress returns with four pitchers of beer, one dark, one light, one house, and one import, along with a pitcher of water and 8 frosty glasses. The man pays for her service, including a nice tip. She smiles thankfully before heading off to her next customer. JT starts pouring a glass full of the dark red-amber liquid when he spots the first of the party, making their way to the table.

"Dinner is served my friend. What kind of beer would you like?"
HMHVV Hunter
"None, thanks," says Helios. "I like to keep my mind clear."
Tanka
Charlie began his usual pre-job warmup, cleaning the Remington, shining the crowbar, making sure the Survival Knife had all its stuff. Double-check the camo jacket and the FFBA, lace the forearm guards just right (hey, he was an old paranoid man. 'Sides, they look stylin').

He took the time to load the Remington just so. Stun Shells for tonight. Just in case, ya know? He thought for a second about possibly getting it fitted for a Smartlink and getting his Ultrasound Goggles fitted with the link. He decided he might go for that when he has a bit more money. Maybe a rangefinder too. Maybe.

With everything prepared, he set off for the meet. No shotgun, 'natch. Don't want to scare the locals too much. Joe might not care, but these guys probably would. No, no, crowbar attached to his pants, knife in the boot. Armor? Yeah, it's there. He's an old man. He's allowed to be years behind the times in fashion.

Whenever he got there, he got there. If he was late, he's old. If he was early, he's old. If he was on time, he's old. Doesn't really matter, as long as he doesn't miss the thing.

He looked scornfully at the beers and made to spit, but realized he was in unfamiliar territory, so sucked it up nodded to the import.

"I'll try 'at one. Not too much, just wanna try it before I imbibe it all."
HeySparky
Edana parks as near as she can to Bling Bling McShizzle's and walks a few blocks in the cold. It gets her blood moving and her cheeks are flushed when saunters in sniffing and shaking the melting snow off of her winter jacket. She tugs a wool scarf from around her pale neck, eyes unfocusing briefly as she shifts her vision to peek into the astral McShizzle's.
toturi
Grave scouts out the area around Bling Bling before actually parking. It is almost second nature to him, taking careful note of his surroundings. He gets off his bike and makes his way into the place. He grins when he sees the beers,"Miller time? Here's to a successful and profitable venture."
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales checks his RSVPs, Edana confirmed and Tiny not... Not surprising, often Tiny doesn't bother to RSVP and just shows up, will send him meet location so he can show if he chooses, I don't have too much more time

Gonzales goes over to his wardrobe What to wear? This is McShizzles so the Vashon island is out, It will have to be the Rapid Transit combo with the Greatcoat, gotta love Seattle winters.

The dwarf next walks to where he keeps his weapons hidden and looks them over Okay this is McShizzle's never really a problem thatg requires more than a Tazer so that and the Asp baton, using my conc QD Holster for the pistol will render both pretty much invisible to the people there.

Gonzales dresses and heads out on the street toward McShizzle's weaving in and out of traffic, He avoids lonestar as it's kinda embarrasing for a pedestrian to get tickleted for speeding.

Arriving at the place he retracts the skates and saunters in. He immediately sees the others there, then notices the children staring at Edana, and the adults sniggering at her. How DARE they?! it's not her fault she got shafted on the SURGE lottery do they even think about how much those spikes hurt her? Gonzales decides to make a few people embarrased by going up and huging Edana as he sits down, secretly disgusted with himself fou using his left arm, the one without the smartgun link to make the hug.

"Hey beautiful, hey guys. JT apart from Tiny any more to arrive?" He sits down, and reaches over for the house pitcher and the chicken strips.
HMHVV Hunter
"Yeah," Helios replies to Gonzales' inquiry to JT as he comes back from the bathroom and sits down.
BishopMcQ
Edana:

Your third eye cracks open revealing the forgotten echoes of lust and debauchery that linger over the bar. The bouncer nods at you, through both realms and you sense the telltale mixture of bitterness and joy that comes from changelings who have been transformed on the inside but don't have the outward characteristics. A palpable aura of expectation surrounds the table of mixed runners.

As you prepare to close your sight once more, JT leans back from the table to pet Kane and you see the heavy mask of the Great Canine rest over the human's features. It fades with a howl that only you seem to hear.
Johnson
All caught up in thought and training,Tiny finally finishes his 2 hour training stint. Makes his way back to the Coffins.

After a cold shower and luck to have water Tiny takes out his Pager hoping to see any messages. A small smile comes across his face as he sees that he has 2 messages on his cell. Happy to have 2 messages this week.

"Well one will be from Dad" he says to himself, as his father has not called this week.

Quickly paging through the messages, before even getting his cell. His smile increases after the first message. After reading the seconad message, Tiny just up throwing his hand in the air. With a loud thud and various complaints about the noise. Tiny rubs his knuckles.

Quicly getting all his kit together he heads for the door. Givings the rooms a once over to make sure he has all his goods, he noticed the plaster on the roof where he it his hand is all cracked.

With a brisk walk Tiny replys to all the messages that he is on route from the Barrens, and appoligise for getting back so late.

After about and hour and a half of travel Tiny final gets of the Lav train. Browses around for the Locker rooms to drop of his kit. As the meet place is just around the block.

Once reaching the door Tiny looks through the snow frosted windows.

The Door to the Bling Bling opens as Tiny ducks and steps through the door way out of habit. Giving the place a look over the door close behind him with a thud. Slowly his eyes adjusting to the warmth in here, he spots Gonzales and gives a big toothy grin and walks over to the table who is now crowded with various foods and drink.

" Hello Gonzales who have you been?" extending his hands out to the sides.
Tiny greets those hes met before and nods his head to the unknown faces.
Grabs himself the biggest and stongest chair and sits down.
Bastard
"Well, it looks like everyone is here, except Bishop. He is never late, so I assume he is outside somewhere scouting the place. I'll send him a quick message and we will get started."

Bishop...the building is clear, no hostiles at the present time. Hurry in before the food gets cold and the beer gets warm.

After putting his pocket secretary away, JT grabs a few more hot wings.

"Helios, I got a pitcher of water here, too. Bishop should be here shortly."

"Has everyone read over the file?" JT scans the group looking for any shaking heads. Following any no answers, he sends them the file via pocket secretary, so everyone can have it with them. Anyone without the equipment, JT passes his computer to them to view.
toturi
"Drek, I don't believe I missed Bishop doing surveillance on this place," mumbles Grave,"Must be outta practice." As he scans the file, he tries to see if there is anything that stands out concerning the bounty target.
Ecclesiastes
A moment later Bishop steps inside and gives Graves a smirk.

"Area clear."
HMHVV Hunter
Helios takes the computer and looks at it. As he looks the file over, he realizes that the guy is involved in VITAS-II research, not HMHVV.

Drek he thinks. Must have missed that part. Guess I can't back out now...besides, I guess I could use the cash...and I've heard Tamanous is working with ghouls, so maybe...

Helios passes the computer along, with a slight but visible disappointed look on his face.
HeySparky
Edana nods a dual greeting to the bouncer, her astral form echoing his mixed feelings right back at him. Her chest tightens at the sight of JT's shamanic mask and wonders not for the first time, what the Huntman's mask looks like on her.

Turning her senses away from the astral McShizzle's, Edana rubs at the fine hairs on the back of her neck that astral sight always raises. She smiles at the bouncer and gestures with a nod of her head at the still-astral Herne. She raises her eyebrows in request.

Moving through the room she joins the others taking a moment to give Kane a good ear-scratching (with permission from JT and Kane, of course). She smiles warmly at Gonzales when he comes in with his customary exuberance.

She pours a beer, grabs a plate of food and talks to the others until JT kicks the business off.

"Got it, JT. I'm not sure how this meeting should go, but I turned up some stuff poking around this afternoon. Purest luck - somebody with better sleuthing skills than I have might want to follow up." She forwards the file to the assembled folks.
Kremlin KOA
Taking a seat next to Helios, Gonzales watches the Vamp Hunter's face fall
"Stress less," He whispers,. "Remember nine times out of ten, 'working on a cure for VITAS' is corpspeak for 'We don't want people to know what our researchers are doing."

Gonzales straightens up "JT old friend, tell us the score, everything you know about the job."
Bastard
"Good evening Edana. Hello Bishop, did you like my message?," JT asks with a friendly smile.

"Now that everyone has had a chance to glance over the file, we will get down to business. There is a huge bounty on this guy, 20k each of us, excluding Kane of course, sorry pal," he says looking down at his canine counterpart. "For that reason I believe there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we are being told. Edana has already done some legwork, the people I would normally have check him out are the ones who gave me the job. Hopefully some of your contacts will have more information. If not I think we should check out his associated companies' data files to see what else we can find.

"Kane and I will check out his residence to get a Kane his scent, there also may be other clues there as well. Now we just need to locate his residence."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012