Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: CSI:Seattle-Blue Fever
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
FSBO
We've all seen CSI, so in a nutshell a one week glance at a Lone Star investigative team during contractual negotiations, that aren't going well for the labour force. It is Blue fever time, so not a lot of police presence but the Job must go on. You risk being fingered as a scab, but you are a true believer, even if you were born last century you would have been a cop walking the beat.

Ground rules: this will be my first time doing this forums online thing so 4 dudes at the most. An investigative back ground, Mage, Scholar, street rat, beat cop newly promoted to detective. Standard priority starting Character, built in Flaws of true believer(you continue to work when everyone else is calling in sick) Day job 40hrs a week. Give yourself the standard Lone star issue. so don't waste money on gear and weapons and live the life style, rich folks don't become cops. Also Lone star will not provide you with all that cyber ware unless you were on the swat team and generally the only cyberware they would provide is to replace something lost in the line of duty.
Bastard
Im in, I will probably have some questions for you later.
toturi
You mean no Bad Boys? No Will Smith with a million nuyen.gif trust fund? biggrin.gif
RangerJoe
I'll give it a whirl. I'll send a mage along shortly.
Whizbang
Hmm....a Lone Star game...already using my shaman that's ex-Lone Star in another game...but might be interesting to backtrack in his history and play out where he got his roots. smile.gif
FSBO
Joe, looks cool, looking forward to more.
Whizbang
so do the built in flaws count for offsetting edges?
FSBO
no, use the point to flesh out skills or additional edges etc.
SentineloftheMountain
I'd like to give this a shoot. What characters are already taken?? I'd probablely play the mage or the scholar. If I submit a mage character can he take an initiation grade 1?

Also, you mentioned the two flaws we are taking do count against the edges we take. Correct??

Where do you want me to send the character??
FSBO
E-mail thru my Profile, I am not concerned about what characters you choose in that if the is more then one mage its OK. Because during the blue fever there is not a whole lot that can be done other then putting bodies on the streets. Managers/supervisors will be walking the beat and lone star will consolidate its forces around the business, government buildings and important enclaves. And of course crime is on the rise, you are on call.
Blitz
I'd love to be involved in this...definately have an itch to make a character adept in magical forensics.
Johnson
Sound interesting when is the closing date for the characters ?
FSBO
6 Oct. sound good? That still gives a couple days.
Johnson
Raven sent background to follow
Blitz
Sentinel...I just noticed you called the mage before I did...did you decide on which you wanted? Meaning..mage or scholar?
SentineloftheMountain
I picked the scholar with a magical bent(full mage) and a lot of knowledge skills. His background will basically be a lab tech CSI.

FSBO - How much background do you want for our characters?? The 20 questions from SRComp??
Blitz
Hmm...very close to what I was going with...Sort of a Chemical Forensics girl with a magical aspect...probably shaman.

Are we doing this very CSI style, where really everyone is very evidence drawn, or more on the Homicide Detective side like the first half of law and order. Meaning, should everyone have forensics in their history?
RangerJoe
I've got in a "forensics mage" with a biology/pschology/profiling background. Think Mulder and Scully's lovechild (non-alien) only with magic.
Blitz
Ferget it then....looks like there's already 2 mages in a 4 man team. Mine would just be superlative. Have fun though.
Whizbang
Game sounds interesting, but the char I could easily modify to have in by the deadline is yet another magic user, and with work I don't have the time to put together a new char in one day. Guess I can't play them all. Have fun.
Blitz
Actually, I changed my mind. Im going to go for a skillwired forensic scientist with specilities in pathology, chemistry and oddly enough, behavoral psychiatry. Consider me the scholar-ish
Johnson
QUOTE (Blitz)
Actually, I changed my mind. Im going to go for a skillwired forensic scientist with specilities in pathology, chemistry and oddly enough, behavoral psychiatry. Consider me the scholar-ish

Your range of skills are going to have to be very broad. You would have to look into many things unless you are specializing.
Look in to crime seen reconstruction. Good preception, apthology, pharamacology, I will get you al list if you would like of the likely skill you would need. O yes anatomy, chemistry and Geomatry. The later I think goes under another name.
Sandoval Smith
Do you still have a slot open? I'd like to join in, and have a decent idea for an on site forensic investigator. What are our options for starting resources? It seems you'd prefer no heavily cybered, but aside from Lone Star issue, do we get to start with anything else? It's not too far out there to have a guy with cyber ears, eyes, or other minor chrome modifications on the force. What about a rigger? Depending, I might either do an adept, or a completly unmodified meta human (aside from a datajack).
Blitz
Johnson..yeah..hence why the skill wires...will also make her uber smart so I can load up on knowledge skills.
Sandoval Smith
Okay, I've assembled and submitted a character. I hope he fits in.
FSBO
I've received everyones characters I believe, so I'll take a day to sort them and hope fully have things ready to go this weekend, Id write more but it was one of them days at work.
Johnson
QUOTE (Blitz)
Johnson..yeah..hence why the skill wires...will also make her uber smart so I can load up on knowledge skills.

Yea don't forget head memory so you can store some data as well.
RangerJoe
Let's catch us some bad guys!
FSBO
I have an unexpected trip to Korea. It will be a couple of weeks. I do not have my computer for this trip. I hope you can be patient I will be back up and ready to run After Nov. 1st, sorry for the delay. frown.gif
Blitz
I still planning on sending in the skill wire scientist...since there's a pause, Im going to fine tune her a bit more before sending in the finished product.
SentineloftheMountain
I'll be here. Just let me know when you want to start it up.

Have a safe trip.
Sandoval Smith
Hey FSBO, just out of curiosity, do you have any comments on when/if this one might get going?
FSBO
the problem with work, it interferes with ones hobbies, I am trying to get stabilized at work so the answer is I do not know when yet. sorry not much of an answer.
FSBO
I apologize, I have to cancel plans for now I can't seem to escape my real world life to get in some shadowrun at the moment. again I am sorry. FSBO frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012