Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadows of Asia
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blue eyes
Since Rob has gone on the record & said it will come out next year, can anyone give some intel on which nations will be covered in the book?

Great to see another part of the world getting some attention........

Young Freud
QUOTE (Blue eyes)
Since Rob has gone on the record & said it will come out next year, can anyone give some intel on which nations will be covered in the book?

Great to see another part of the world getting some attention........

I knew it was coming out for some time, although I had heard through B&N that it was planned for November.

I'm wondering if any of the Japanese proposals were accepted? Synner?
Toa
To my knowledge the list is not definite yet. But you can be certain that Japan will be covered.
Snow_Fox
and probably China, Korea and Tibet. The question will be how much detail on Indochina and will it include India and Afghanistan.
otaku mike
Shadows of Asia seems pretty straightforward as a title.
Expect Asia to be covered wink.gif (look at the geographical definition of Asia to know what I mean).
Now, there have been a lot of small info given on Asia since the beginning of Shadowrun, especially about troubles and wars, so I guess lots of new states and the disappearance of some current ones is to be expected too.
mfb
yeah, there are a ton of 'stans to cover, not to mention all of the various ex-Chinese states. SoA is gonna be one big book, if each country gets as much space as they did in SoE and SoNA.
Young Freud
When I mean Japanese proposals, I mean proposals from Japanese Shadowrun gamers. There was a big thing about a month ago (or at least I made it a big thing) that, unlike SoE with it's British, French, and German contributors, SoA didn't have any Asian writers (or better yet, writers living in Asia). I notified the Japanese SRML and I believe a couple of them went to work writing proposals. I'm just wondering if they got them in, were any of them accepted, etc....

That said SoA is supposedly going to cover Japan, the Chinese states, HK, Australia, (probably) an update on the Philippines, and go into the Middle East.
Demonseed Elite
Australia got a ton of coverage in Target: Awakened Lands.
Synner
To lay some inquisitive minds at rest, locals are involved.
toturi
Ahhh, finally, a chance to bitch about how badly where I live gets screwed (and how badly the local writers fragged up)! biggrin.gif
Demonseed Elite
It's a local-foreigner joint effort. We'll frag it up together. grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Oct 3 2004, 08:47 PM)
Afghanistan.

It'd be interesting to see what reasons they pull out of the air for Afghanistan being significant enough for inclusion (if it is), given that for the most part Shadowrun has shied away from real-world drugs.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (toturi)
Ahhh, finally, a chance to bitch about how badly where I live gets screwed (and how badly the local writers fragged up)! biggrin.gif

Y'all know you could always submit something yourself. No guarantees that all, or even any of what you send will be used, but there's no harm in submitting a properly formatted proposal, according to Shadowrun guidelines.

If ya don't, y'all got nobody to blame but yourself. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Zenmaxer
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

It'd be interesting to see what reasons they pull out of the air for Afghanistan being significant enough for inclusion (if it is), given that for the most part Shadowrun has shied away from real-world drugs.

If anyone at FP MENTIONS awakened poppy plants....
toturi
QUOTE (Zenmaxer)
If anyone at FP MENTIONS awakened poppy plants....

Maybe they'll got the magical compound equivalent of Jazz/Kamikaze.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Young Freud)
That said SoA is supposedly going to cover Japan, the Chinese states, HK, Australia (probably) an update on the Philippines, and go into the Middle East.

The Middle East? Whilst I'd love to have more information on that area, that just strikes me as a little odd that they'd consider putting it in this book. I'd much prefer that it got it's own one and they simply concentrated on places like China/SE Asia/the surrounding area in this one. :/
Zenmaxer
Maybe they'll got the magical compound equivalent of Jazz/Kamikaze.

or maybe it'll just be a dumb excuse to include afghanistan.

I'm with Flak-o. Gimme pure hard data on the true east and screw the bombed-out familiar deserts of the middle east.
FlakJacket
*Kicks Zenmaxer in the shins*

I'd say that I'd probably actually prefer a book about the Middle East more than Asia, the only thing that brings Asia back into the running is possible information about Hong Kong and the Chinese warlord states. smile.gif
Zenmaxer
:: laughs and hobbles around :: Okay okay, point made. Take it either way, but don't do both in one book.
Vera53
I agree that the Middle East should be done in its own book, along with Afghanistan and whatever else is still around. Leave SoA to China, Japan, SEA (Burma, Thailand, etc..), Mongolia, Yakut/Awakened Siberia, the Phillipinnes, and other countries that are in the geographic area. The Middle East is too big and interesting to be crammed into some other book. Who knows maybe sometime next year there could be a book called `Sot Me' wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012