Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locksmiths in 2064
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Siege
Here's an interesting question - will locksmiths as we know them still be around in 2064?

With the advent of systems like "OnStar", cars can possibly unlock themselves and deckers have another access point by which to pop locks.

But for all the many maglocks that seem to fill the landscape, would electronic-oriented "locksmiths" have a specialized niche?

-Siege
Fortune
I'd think that someone would still have to make, install and service all those Maglocks.
Zolhex
Well I for don't mind no locksmiths cause when i get a lifestyle I like to say that my doors have old style key locks. Hehe it realy pisses off the buglars there they are with their electronic gear and they run into a door with a old style lock that just has to rub them the wrong way.
Wutasumi
I'm just a jackass. I paid an extra one time fee of 100,000 nuyen to make my front door not only have 3 deadbolts, but a level 4 maglock.
DocMortand
3 deadbolts and a level 4 maglock, eh?

*pulls out his rating 6 sledgehammer*
Zolhex
Question speaking about Maglocks you can but a Maglock but the passkey is Illegal so now you have a lock you can't open?
Fygg Nuuton
the passkey is a fake, it attempts to open maglocks, if you own the lock you have the key legaly
DarkShade
QUOTE (Wutasumi)
I'm just a jackass. I paid an extra one time fee of 100,000 nuyen to make my front door not only have 3 deadbolts, but a level 4 maglock.

100 000 NY ?????

you, my friend, have been THOROUGHLY ripped off..

and btw, if you spend 100 000 securing your door, I hope you spent some ny securing your windows... nyahnyah.gif

DS
Necro Tech
They do already. Beamers and Mecerdes have those ganked up scroll cut keys and no other way to open the door. The tools is like 500$, restricted, and tough to learn how to use. Lexus has an electronic lockdown function that requires hotwiring the doors and central system to unlock them. Remote opening has always been a HUGE weakness but by 2064 it will probably involve a great deal of encyption. My job will never go away, just keep changing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012