Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Revelations
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Rokur
Hello all, i've found one of my favorite runs that i've drawn up. I haven't played SR for about 6 months now and i need to get back into GMing. So, I am OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING my return to DSF. cool.gif

I'm looking for a gelled team of about 6.... No decker needed, and the rest i leave up to you.

Char. Creation Rules: Priority or 125 BP, availabilty max 10, bioware bonuses do not count as natural for your skill selection during char. creation.
I need at least a minimum 1 page history, as well as a paragraph for your street reputation (mostly how have people that ran with your char in the past think about them now). Setting is 2063 Seattle. After choosing which chars are accepted, your party will be given one free contact and one safehouse for your meetings. but otherwise your own personal chars should have their own life or lives as the case may be.

A good history will be given up to 35 Karma and a distinctive street reputation will earn you up to 15 Karma points.

This is taking it back to the normal shadowrun... no premises, no nothing. Just 5 minutes on the stairs to chit chat right before epic battles.

History and Street rep are going to be just as important as your chars stats. I will be looking for a good fun character rather than usefulness, this is going to be fun ladies and gentleman and i will be choosing the chars that i think will fit into a fun team. Good luck and send all submissions to Rokur02@aol.com.
Whizbang
So what format do you want files sent to you in? text? NSRCG html or xml?
gobogen
Also, what's the deadline for character submission?

-gobogen
Sphynx
I will once again be trying to get to play Adept (so don't kick me out again Whizbang). He'll be turned in shortly. wink.gif

Sphynx
Whizbang
You got kicked out of Soul's Edge? Aww...had been looking forward to playing with you...now who's going to keep an eye on my char? Aiming for mage this time.
Spookymonster
I'll throw my Fox Shaman's hat in the ring. I'll post Skee's stats on my website later tonight.
Shadow
I'll look some characters over and send them your way, Rokur. It's about time we saw your name in "Welcome to the Shadows" buddy. Welcome back.
Rokur
Formats of text and html are fine (I have access to MS Word and .txt files), as well as plain old .sr3 files, but i prefer not using XML.

No real set due date yet, hopefully to have the team situated by 1-2 weeks....and finalized and ready to run by 2.5 weeks, giving players at least half a week to get to know one another's char. and work up a background and roles (e.g. team leaders vs band of equals)

This is not first come first serve, however those who submit earlier i will be looking over more carefully. That being said, I want everyone to flesh out a full character rather than give me a skeleton early.

And to me it doesn't matter what kind of char you are, just submit them. A team of all mages may be able to tackle a run just as easily as a team of all tanks. So, it's the best team out of the lot. There are plenty of melee combat mages, just like there are covert ops mages. there are no rules on what type of char fits into what type of role better in my SR world. you're going to be getting a run, how YOU tackle it doesn't matter as long as it's done (and you all live of course).
Shadow
Character sent, I think I hit everything you asked for smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
I'm SO down for this one. This would be a great run for Bishop or Paladin to be in, but I've already got them tied up in other games, so I'll have to come up with a new one. No biggy though, I love making new characters. smile.gif
SoyKaf Adict
Hey, it's all about who gets their character in first right? Hadacha-cha -finishes up his "Face" character that got ruined by the BeCKS-
SoyKaf Adict
Ok, I sent my character, I like that reward factor for long histories.
Ecclesiastes
Are you allowing weapons from Raygun's Website?
Kremlin KOA
working on an Ork sammy, born human to Renraku parents, has serious self hatred issues, a penchant for dating 17 year old human girls, and serous anger issues toward his father.
Whizbang
Hmm...you might like my char then, Kremlin...a 16-17 year old female ganger mage...of course, she does have the flaw of being an elf...

Hmm...SoyCaf...Marrietta...that's just two hours down the road from me.
JaronK
Thinking about this run... do you allow cantrips? That is, spells that cost no karma at creation, due to being force 2 exclusive or force 1 fettish? Some folks disallow them completely, some folks allow any (though that gets a little silly), and personally in my games I tend to allow a number of cantrips equal to your magic rating. Still, I'm thinking about making a party-goer type cat shaman who could use a few (fettished healthy glow, exclusive entertainment, etc).

JaronK
Ecclesiastes
My character is going to be a B&E/Infiltrator type. New to the Seattle area and seems to be a bit paranoid about a few things. Constantly looking over his shoulder like there is someone looking for him.
Ecclesiastes
Oh, I also need to know what the date when the game starts.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
Oh, I also need to know what the date when the game starts.

He was hoping to get the party started within 1-2 weeks.
Whizbang
Think he was thinking of game time...as in year and such.
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, like, what month and year is the game starting in. Shadowrun time.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Whizbang)
Hmm...you might like my char then, Kremlin...a 16-17 year old female ganger mage...of course, she does have the flaw of being an elf...

Hmm...SoyCaf...Marrietta...that's just two hours down the road from me.

She could always be "Human looking" biggrin.gif . Really? That's awesome, I'm about 30 minutes from the Town Centre Mall, and 4 minutes away from Lassiter High School, if you know where that is.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Whizbang)
Think he was thinking of game time...as in year and such.

Ooops, sorry, misinterpretation is key! .... -ahem- I meant interpretation!
Whizbang
No clue...I just barely know where Marietta is... *is directionally challenged and afraid to drive on I-20* I'm from Oxford, AL. Two hours west of Marietta (depending on traffic).
paul_HArkonen
I think I'll toss in an adept combat expert. One question do adept powers count as being natural for character creation?
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Whizbang)
No clue...I just barely know where Marietta is... *is directionally challenged and afraid to drive on I-20* I'm from Oxford, AL. Two hours west of Marietta (depending on traffic).

Yep, I-20, and I-75 are the Devil, lol.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (Whizbang @ Oct 14 2004, 02:19 AM)

I was originally going to put elf there instead of human, either fits the subconcious motive... trying to take out his hate at his 'lousy roll on the metatype lotto' on those he considers 'Luckier' than himself (has good looking and knows it, but he still feels being an ork is ugly, he just knows silly teenage girls seem to find him attractive)

this guy is really messed up

quick quiz to GM, bioware that can only come as cultured... is it allowed?
Sabosect
I'll toss my Coyote Shaman into the ring. He's got a few combat-oriented abilities. Expect an email within two or three hours.

Also, he's not entirely bad with a gun, so...
Rokur
Ecc: Time - I had mentioned 2063, but if you wanna be specific 2nd, Feb, 2063.
Raygun's site- Most likely not. If there is something truly essential to your character I will take a look at it, however

Jaron:Cantrips- hmm... well i've never used them before, and i really don't know much you are talking about, let's say depending on how well you sell it to me, you either get half your magic rating or none... fair?

Paul_H: That could be ok, because a PhysAds powers are to appear in things that PhysAd excels in, so sometimes when he was using these skills he may have been using his powers without really knowing it, helping him gain better skill easier. However, in the case of bioware, the majority of the time you gain skills before you go under for 'ware treatment especially one as expensive as bioware. Therefore, it's not that you are naturally skilled at those arts, but improved the attribute for those skills later. (kinda like you first learned the technique then conditioned yourself)

Kremlin: Cultured bioware, I will let you do some things. such as yes to sleep regulators, Cerebral boosters, Reflex recorders, Synaptic enhancers, and Tailored Pheromones, No to the pain editors, trauma dampeners, damage compensators and that enhanced memory thingy that lets you improve your char at ungodly speeds. If I forget any just ask. However, there is a limitation if you have cultured bioware, i expect you to have a street doc contact. Cultured bioware i assume you don't just pick a random doc off the street to put in you (unless you don't mind some major problems once in a while).
Ecclesiastes
I like the Ares Predator III ERASe.

Although, I had an idea while I was out to lunch and may end up going with that one. We'll see.
Rokur
sorry but that amazing pistol falls out of the availability max... that is one narsty pistol. BF with a 9m!? ouch, 5 points of internal recoil and internal SL2.. no wonder it costs well over 3 grand!
Ecclesiastes
Damn. I missed the Availibility limit. Sorry.

Oh, and don't forget the built in 5 points of recoil comp on that pistol too. wink.gif
Sphynx
I've turned in my Steroid Advertisement Conspiracy Theorist (AKA: Physical Adept). I apologize for not having a Street Doc as a contact for my Bioware, but I made the character before reading that and the history kinda has it having happened some years ago.... Anyways, Hope you like the character. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Rokur
HAHAHA oops....sorry. i hope i don't make you look like a fool... i edited in that 5 points of recoil thing.. haha didn't think you'd reply that quick
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, I'm quick. Thats what happens when you sit on the forum all day while at work. wink.gif
gobogen
I'm gonna throw in a Face named Hector that I've always wanted to try. I plan to use this character in an offline game soon but I'd like to try it online in the forums. I'll send Hector probably tomorrow or something...

-gobogen
Tanka
You know, I told myself...

"Two DSF games and one on another forum. That's that."

But then I see this one.

Jesus, you people are going to be the end of me.
Ecclesiastes
Thats the plan. vegm.gif
Tanka
Sorry if I missed it, but which books are allowed?
Ecclesiastes
I don't think he mentioned it. I was just going with EVERYTHING. Cause its better that way. smile.gif
Tanka
And then he limits it and you have to rethink. Always sucktastic.

Just to throw my idea out: Cybered Private Investigator who turned to the shadows about five years ago. Recording equpment and all (with a good bit of headmem and a nice PC to boot).
Ecclesiastes
I think I'm changing to my new character concept. Total Razor-Boy-Party-Animal who has recently been trying to clean his life up a little, laying off the drugs and all, but still has to make a living, ya know?
Spookymonster
Here's Skee's sheet: A Fox Shaman Techno-Illusionist with a ganger background.
Shadow
I put in Raven, she is a lightly cybered/bio street sam. She is equally adept with pistols, and rifles, and fairly good at martial arts.
Sabosect
My character has been sent in.

Edit: I forgot something from my character sheet.

The reason he has Pistols (Slivergun) is because the slivergun is what he was trained in the most. If you wish, I can trade in the Slivergun he is equipped with for a different weapon and alter the skill.

And, before anyone thinks I'm trying to use it the wrong way, I picked the Slivergun because of its lack of power against armor. If my character actually uses his gun, no matter what it is, at all, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong and we're all probably going to die.
Rokur
Tanka: Sorry about the book thing, i forgot to mention that i don't actually own a copy of Sota... so if you want something really really bad, give me a description and stats, and if i approve it you got it. Mostly anything sanctioned by FASA/Whizkids for 3rd ed. is fine by me
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (gobogen)
I'm gonna throw in a Face named Hector that I've always wanted to try. I plan to use this character in an offline game soon but I'd like to try it online in the forums. I'll send Hector probably tomorrow or something...

-gobogen

Two Face's a good idea in a campaign?
Sabosect
We may also end up with two shamans, so...

Edit: Not saying it's a bad thing.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Sabosect)
We may also end up with two shamans, so...

Edit: Not saying it's a bad thing.

Well, it'll be interesting to say the least. And that's what I love about ShadowRun, it can get VERY interesting.
Kremlin KOA
no probs Rokur, but any chance of a partially defective menmonic enhancer (doesn't give the reduced karma cost for advancing, but gives the rest?)

also the errata seriously nerfed the karma reduction part of those things

and the defective version would so reiforce the self haterd (even bioware made from me doesn't work properly)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012