Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral perceiving through smoke
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Greyfoxx
Does the smoke become transparent, do you see a blob like solid form, or i'm totally missing it?
Kage2020
Erm, for me the smoke would not generally be visible for the astral plane. Unless, of course it contained significant quantities of microbes or something... wink.gif

Erm... wobble.gif

Kage
RedmondLarry
Things that obstruct vision on the physical plane will also obstruct vision on the astral. Walls, mirrors, tinted glass, etc. I assume this includes smoke.

What will be different is the lighting. On the physical plane, a dimly lit person on the far side of smoke may be almost impossible to see. But on the astral plane the person will glow with their own light. The best way to judge what can be seen on the astral in this situation is to consider what would happen if you added a spotlight to the physical scene.
Cray74
QUOTE (Greyfoxx @ Sep 3 2003, 09:34 AM)
Does the smoke become transparent, do you see a blob like solid form, or i'm totally missing it?

Remember, as a rule of thumb, if it's opaque in the physical plane, it's opaque on the astral plane.
Greyfoxx
And if it's translucent?
Cray74
QUOTE (Greyfoxx)
And if it's translucent?

Apply normal vision penalties to astral perception.
Greyfoxx
K tnx. Mage player keeps telling me it turns transparent when it shouldnt. Any page reference, whatsoever, if its not much of a hassle?

thanks again.
Zazen
Page 82 in MITS lists modifiers for astral perception, including smoke. They're lower than those for normal vision, but still there.
Greyfoxx
Thanks. Now if i can find only my MitS. One of my players have it right now. Isnt it stupid that me as a GM shld have read that? The book was passed around the group before i get to really READ it. My mage player know more bout it than i do. He's probably taking advantage of my ignorance right now. frown.gif
Zazen
It lists +1 for light fog/smoke, and +2 for heavy fog/smoke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012