Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Move-by-Wire and Synaptic Accelerator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
GaiasWrath8
Hello All,

Any one know why in third edition they took out the compatability with Synaptic accelerators and Move by wire?

i could sware I had rating two Move by wire with two levels of Synaptic accelerators back in second edition.
Whizbang
I have no clue...and you're in the wrong forum. This is the roleplaying forum.
Ecclesiastes
They were never compatible. And yeah, wrong forum.
GaiasWrath8
Sorry, did not notice.

And yes, in second edition they noted in the text about move-by-wire that it had been implanted with = levels of synaptic accelerators.
Ecclesiastes
Interesting. Either way, that would be such a whored out concept that I totally understand them taking that away.
Tanka
QUOTE (Cybertechnology @ p. 39)
[...]This system is not compatible with any other Reaction/Initiative enhancing cyber- or bioware.

Hm, odd. Kind of makes you think they were referring to Boosted Reflexes, Wired Reflexes, and Synaptic Accelerator.
GaiasWrath8
Read the text about the item. It says it plan as day. Its can't just be my copy. LOL.
Tanka
Care to offer a quote? I'm seeing nothing saying that you can get both MBW and SA in 2nd Edition.
GaiasWrath8
Oh for the love of god, I just rear it last night. I will get the page number and quote and post it tonight when I get home (as my work frowns on me when I bring RPG books in)

It was something like " Todate, equal levels of synaptic accelerators have been added during the instalation of this cyber were." It was some were in the two pages of crap you have to put up with you have move-By-Wire.
Tanka
Hm, well, it says it can, but a lot of people I've talked to disallow anything of the sort (not to mention my regular group automatically gives anybody with MBW about one week to live).

It allows up to level 1 of SA, but at 3x the cost, and must be implanted at the same time as the MBW. It also says extreme care must be taken.

However, I think the rules that say no cyber/bio Initiative/Reaction enhancers work with it should preceed that rule unless the GM says otherwise.

So, it works, but you have to put up with the problems. (Not to mention every thug that sees you moving that smoothly will want to geek you and sell the used stuff off to the highest bidder...)
Ecclesiastes
Yeah. There is no way I'd allow something like that. Well, maybe I'd allow it and let the other players laugh at the little man dieing of system overload as he goes into an epileptic seizure.
Whizbang
I'm still wondering why this hasn't moved over to the proper forum...
Tanka
Probably no admins around to do so.
Kremlin KOA
it worked perfectly well in 2nd ed, the 3rd ed synap and Boosted rort is a lot worse +2 rea +4D6 init and only the reflex penalties if wired 2 and that version is affordable, add in reaction enhancers 5 Enhanced artic synthacardium 2 and 2 reflex recorders (athletics and stealth) gives comparable results (you are short a dice of stealth but make up for it in other ways, and you still move smoooth.

cost for my setup Bio index 2.4 essence 4.3 cash base (no grading) nuyen.gif 695,000

cost for the Move by wire synap deal: essence 7 bio index .3(2nd ed) .4(3rd ed) cash base (no grading despite the absolute need to either go cybermancy or grade this) nuyen.gif 2,225,000

which is better?
GaiasWrath8
Well good, I am glad some one found the quote. I could not get on-line last night, my wife had a honey due list and I had to help two newbies make charectors...damn that took a long time.

Did this get moved to the right forum yet?
Tanka
Not yet.
GaiasWrath8
Well if makes any one feel better I think most everything has bene said about this that could be said. It would be over powering...and short lived.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012