Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatars *begs with puppy dog eyes*
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Stumps
I know you've said why not.
I know it's not in your desire.

But please daddy! I want one real real real bad!

(the poll is just in case other people want them, so you can see a group voice rather than my whinny lone voice)
Tanka
Why? I think the forum is doing just fine without them. (Plus they save on that precious bandwidth.)
Neuron Basher
Dashifen
QUOTE (tanka)
Why? I think the forum is doing just fine without them. (Plus they save on that precious bandwidth.)

And make it easier to read at work without all sorts of silly pictures appearing on your screen as people walk by your office. Not that I ever read the forums from work. cool.gif
Tanka
Of course you don't. biggrin.gif

Sure, most people find it easier to know who a poster is by their avatar, but I'm starting to figure it out by posting style (and if that doesn't work, signatures, or just looking at the bloody name on the left).
Ecclesiastes
I love avitars, but whateva.
nezumi
If the avatar was a link to a picture off site, that wouldn't cost DSF bandwidth, would it?
Ol' Scratch
As long as individuals could turn them off and they were turned off by default, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.
Stumps
well, it seems as though dsf will remain faceless then.

Cool beans. Just gotta try now and then.
I just like the idea of characters having faces.
Kanada Ten
Ok, there is something wrong with this thread. It had the last post date as
24th November 2004 - 08:33 PM
Last Post by: Stumps

But that is obviously not the case, though it might be the last time a poll choice was made. And I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen that way.
Ol' Scratch
Polls always seem to show up that way when someone votes, but doesn't post.
Kanada Ten
It's not supposed to raise the thread though. Or not "anymore", IIRC.
Ol' Scratch
Ah. I didn't notice that. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
Yeah, it's working correctly in the other forums, so maybe it was never disabled in this one.
Neuron Basher
I kind of like the current behavior in this forum .. makes it easy to see changes to polls at a glance by looking at the thread list. In any event, this is a dead horse issue so I'm closing the thread.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012