Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Smile For the Camera
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Digital Heroin
Alright kiddies, I've got something else cooking, but while I'm working on the details for that, I'm going to run something a little less traditional. I'm not looking for runners, here. Instead, I'm looking for media types. More specifically I'm looking for the type of person that either hasn't broken into the mainstream, or has lost their media credibility, or has another reason to be working for a tabloid. Since these aren't slick runners, I'm using the street level BP and priority rules from MJLBB:

Build Points (85)

• Race purchaed as normal;
• Full Mages/Adept cost 20BPs;
• Aspected Mages cost 15BPs;
• Attributes cost 2BPs per point up to 4; 3 BPs each point over 4;
• Skills purchased as normal.

Resources BP Cost

250,000 20
100,000 15
50,000 10
10,000 5
3,000 0
500 -5

Priority System

Priority Race Magic Attribs Skills Resources
A - Full Mage/Adept 24 30 250,000
B - Adpected Mage 21 25 100,000
C Troll/Elf - 18 20 50,000
D Dwarf/Ork - 15 17 10,000
E Human - 12 15 3,000

• No Variant Metahumans
• SURGE can either be purchased for 5BPs, or rolled for (must be rolled for Priority System);
• SURGE effects shall be random rolled;
• Standard Availability/Rating;
• Illegal items are subject to Street Index, and require appropriate contact;
• Characters receive one extra level one contact of choice;
• No more than 3 points gap between Edge/Flaw point value;
• Hunted, Extra Enemy, and similar flaws are to include a name of the person (or organization) who is hunting/hating the character, and a reason behind this.

As always, I like characters with a strong background, so at least 250 words. Backgrounds may also garner a small amount of Karma for the character. I'm not looking for combat oriented characters here, but a tough might fit with the team. As promised before, people who have played in one of my games before will be given priority, but if your character just doesn't fit, they won't be accepted.

Character submissions can be sent to anomaly_of_the_void@hotmail.com. Links to uploaded characters can be sent via board PM, but I will not accept copy/paste character there. Anyone with questions can PM me, or contact me via AIM (EnigmaticChicken).

Keep your eyes open as well, the other game is still on the horizon.

Toptomcat
Hmmmmmmmm...
I like. I'll be in with a larger-than-life mechanic who is the former star of 2064's equivilant of "Pimp My Ride."
gobogen
I'm thinking that it would be fun to play an ork cameraman with appropriate cyberware... I see him as a violent vindictive type who got kicked out of a top media corp because of a criminal record for street fighting.
Hemlok
Will you be allowing stuff from the Shadowbeat SB?
Digital Heroin
'fraid I don't have Shadowbeat, but if I can land a copy, then it'll be fair game.
gobogen
Is there a deadline ?
Digital Heroin
At this point, no. We'll give it a week, see where things are at. If I get a good crew sooner, then the game will start before then.
Raiko
I'm going to try and do a drone rigger for the crew, I've got a really, really, really bad record of never submitting a rigger in time though embarrassed.gif so please don't rely on me.

I've not actually got MJLBB yet (should have it this week though), if we stick to the rules in the first post is that everything we need to know?

Large Mike

Too bad it's being run by one of my players, or I could play.
Toptomcat
I gotta pull out- my copy of SR3 has gone mysteriously missing.
Digital Heroin
Raiko - Everything you need from MJLBB is here in the thread. I'll be using a version of the rep system, but a modified one, and a secreted one as well.

LM - I can be professional about it, you'd be welcome in the game.

Top - Sorry to hear about that, hope you find it soon.
Fu-Man Chu
Still accepting PC's for this game? I once ran an investigation reporter for Cyberpunk 2020 that I won't mind reprising (as an SR character of course!)
Fortune
Digital Heroin will be unavailable for the next few weeks or so, due to other, non-board-related commitments. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012