Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grimoire 2nd >>> Magic in the Shadows
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fred

I'm planning on finally running my orichalcum bone lacing adventure. Since I only have Grimoire 2nd edition, I would like to know if MitS changed orichalcum and enchantment too much. One thing I already know, thanks to you guys, is that there's no more grounding.

Thanks and tchau!
Crimsondude 2.0
And you can astrally travel through organic objects, which was insanity before MitS came out.
GrinderTheTroll
Changing from SR2 to SR3 is very subtle, but the changes are significant IMO. You could probably use G2.0 ok enough until you get MiTS, but you might want to get it FedEx'ed to keep things for getting too confusing for both you and your players.
DrJest
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
And you can astrally travel through organic objects, which was insanity before MitS came out.

Whoa, you can what? Wtf? So what happened to the various FAB things?
Tanka
Well, most notable is definitely the route you go for Initiation.

Namely, Metamagics.

In SR2, you got them all the first time you Initiated. Yes, every single Metamagic was yours right off the bat.

Initiation was also different. Instead of calculating by method of 5 + next level, it was 6 + next level, but starting at level 0 Initiate. Multipliers remain unchanged.

Oh, and Physical Magician Initiation is different now. Now they choose one of three things.

1) Gain a power point. (Can be used for Magic Power or a regular Power.)
2) Learn a Metamagic technique.
3) Remove a geasa.

Note that, under normal circumstances, 1 and 2 are combined.
Fortune
QUOTE (DrJest @ Nov 23 2004, 10:29 AM)
Whoa, you can what? Wtf? So what happened to the various FAB things?

Awakened objects still act as a barrier.

Travel through the earth is even allowable now, albeit at a very slow pace.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Fortune)
Travel through the earth os even allowable now, albeit at a very slow pace.

Emphasis on *very*. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Don't forget your "map" biggrin.gif
Crimson Jack
No kidding. The example they use in the book just sounds all kinds of scary. Travel 12 meters down to an underground lab, hope it doesn't have any or at least too much of a barrier to deal with, then worry about making the trek back. Guh...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012