Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fat Stacks of Cash
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Solstice
Hell on the last run we did, we paid the DRIVER 5k just to get us there and look after my car...which got wasted of course.

My damn GM ALWAYS destroys our vehicles...always. sarcastic.gif
Ed Simons
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
Yes, we are discussing the all singing all dancing car jacking team, since this is a 'point' about how runnig is not worth it, using the canon payment amounts.  A runner team that turns to car jacking can make plenty more money (and safer) than running.

Which would your team rather do, nicking an Americar for 5,400 Y that is 15 min work for the team, or a 5,000 Y run that might result in shooting, hospital time, etc?

Then there's hiring an all singing all dancing car jacking team.smile.gif

You need:
Connected 3pts For selling cars to your chopshop contact.
Day Job -3pts 40 hours per week, monthly salary 5000 nuyen or more.

Obviously, these balance and could be added to most existing characters.

So how's this guy working 40 hours a week at Stuffer Shack going to get rich? He starts by living at a Low lifestyle. At the end of the month, he's got 4000 nuyen. According to SC, p.100 it costs 2000 nuyen to hire a whole runner team for Burglary. In this case, we want to hire two different all singing all dancing car jacking teams to steal Ford Americars. Unless they're Clue File material, they should be able to manage that.

If you sell the Americars for 50% of list, which is the harshest interpretation of Connected I've seen, that gets you 10,000 per car, or 8000 per car after paying the runners.

That's 16,000 nuyen profit, with minimal risk or effort in a couple hours of your spare time. And next week you can do it again. By the end of 4 weeks, you have 64,000 nuyen in profit. And that's playing it conservative, only hiring two runner teams and giving them a whole week every time to get you a Ford Americar. biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
Who needs to be a car thief?

Connected 2 (the 5-point edge) in just about anything with a Street Index that's anything but 1.00 (even a lower SI is an advantage) allows you to buy and sell the same item repeatedly while netting a huge bankroll. Sure, it's a cheesy loophole in the rules, but it's a fact of those rules nonetheless.
Kagetenshi
If you don't mind spending six build points on two Connected 1s, you can do the survival knife/trauma patch trick quite nicely.

~J
Ol' Scratch
Yeah, but it'll go a lot faster with Connected 2 in something like Vehicles, while being 1 BP cheaper to boot.
Kagetenshi
True enough.

If they hadn't caught it in the errata, you could use that on the GMC-Nissan Hovertruck. Street Index of 750 grinbig.gif

~J
Crusher Bob
While I'll be giving out 200Y Panther Assault Cannon as party favors.
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
While I'll be giving out 200Y Panther Assault Cannon as party favors.

Now that's what I call a party.
Kagetenshi
Do you by any chance invite a lot of Ork Gangers?

~J
Crusher Bob
Nah, I went to the second grade, with pixie sticks in one sack and pather cannons in the other... biggrin.gif
Voran
Also, if your GM is using the (in my opinion) godawful wounding rules presented in M&M, it's probably only fair that he also increases the payouts.

With the wounding rules that can end up screwing up your cybergear and bioware, mundanes loading tech have the potential of being even bigger cash drains than before. You take a cyber hit, you have to fix it, paying a percentage of the part plus surgery, plus downtime plus...etc etc.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012