Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit/Elemental taking Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Deamon_Knight
SR3 seems to indicate that Spirits/Elementals have a normal damage chart, which seems to indicate that they have the same Stun/Physical chart the rest of us meatbags do. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but assuming this is true:

A: A Stunbolt, being a mana spell, should effect the Spirit.

B: A Spirit taking Deadly Stun Damage is <blank>?

I'm thinking such a spirit is disrupted, correct?
Zeel De Mort
As far as I recall:

Yes, and yes.

smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
Deadly Astral or Physical Stun damage and Deadly Physical damage causes a spirit to be disrupted. Only Deadly Astral damage causes one to be permanently destroyed.
Deamon_Knight
Thanks Doc, that was my next question.
Apathy
Deadly Astral or Physical Stun damage and Deadly Physical damage causes a spirit to be disrupted. Only Deadly Astral damage causes one to be permanently destroyed.

I know you meant it this way, but just re-stating it in a way that makes sense to me:
Deadly Stun on the physical plane ---> Disrupted
Deadly Physical on the physical plane ---> Disrupted
Deadly Stun on the astral plane ---> Disrupted
Deadly Physical on the astral plane ---> Destroyed, unless the spirit has the Hidden Life power, or is a Free Spirit

Exceptions to this rule: Flesh Form Bug Spirits, and Allys that inhabit physical objects/animals/people/etc. For those I believe Deadly stun knocks them out/incapacitates them while leaving them in their host.

Wounded Ronin
Ooooooooooh, right, disrupted. Damn, I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me.
Ol' Scratch
Ah, yeah, sorry about my wording. English my strong point isn't (which is to be expected since I'm a native speaker).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012