Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: The Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Large Mike

You know what this is for.
Tanka
Start posting now or when you give us the word?
gobogen
biggrin.gif Hourrah !! The thread is up !!

I don't have time to post right now, but I will later today.
Toptomcat
I second Tanka.
gobogen
I think we can start posting ... why couldn't we ? The IC is up.
Fresno Bob
Is Merciless Ming's still around?
Toptomcat
If no one with a better Int or Biotech skill will help, Nikolai will try. Int 2, defaulting.
Tashio
Thorn can help out, no biotech though.
Large Mike

tn# 8, Top, roll both dice, Tashio, roll half your dice (A slightly modified version of complimentary dice.)
Tanka
Lav is very above-average in Int for a Troll.

In fact, he's pretty damn smart for a Troll.

Need a hand? biggrin.gif
Toptomcat
Nikolai will let Lav do the work. With his Int, Nikolai could hit an artery with a damp rag and have the patient bleed to death.
gobogen
LM, just in case you forgot, could you make the three gangers answer me ?
Tashio
Int Compliment Roll: 5, 11
Tanka
Ick...

Int: 5, 4, 3, 1

No successes. =\
Toptomcat
I'm not even gonna help. Rolling 1 die is an invitation for Ro1ing it.
gobogen
QUOTE (gobogen)
Getting closer to Muddy, Locksman and Big James, "Do you guys have anything to do with this ?? What the heck happened ??"
gobogen
I'd like to get all the info I may have on the BPA's and especially their leader.

Gangs(3): 2,4,10
Gang Identification(3): 1,1,5
Large Mike

Okay. So, I warned you this might happen. Out of town job until Friday. I'll be back then, but I may be gone during the week basically from here on out. Maybe.

The good news is that I'm only needed to regulate how much crap to shovel into the fan, so I'm not strictly necessary at all times. Interact among yourselves while I'm gone.

As for the gang and gang ident:

The BPA are a gang of mostly trolls and orks who were originally a mutual-protection thing. It's still kinda like that. They do favors for each other like that, but there aren't a great deal of whole-gang operations. They enjoy a good brawl and a number of them deal various bits of vice.

The guy in charge is a fairly lazy, slovenly ork named Blain. He's the reason there aren't many whole-gang operations. Sometimes there's agitation towards bigger ops, but he usually squashes it.
Toptomcat
I'd rather the actual meet with my Communist drug-dealing friend happen 'off screen,' as it were, so as not to detract from the other players.
Nikolai will asks if he knows of any drek going down around and about the BPA in general. He has 600 nuyen to pay for the info, but he'll pay as little as possible...

I'll assume that my Etiquette (Street) specialization applies.
Etiquette
1: 6 + 1 = 7...Success
2: 1
3: 5 ... Success
4: 3

Of course, if you want me to roleplay it, then we can do that, too.
Toptomcat
Percep rolls for window guarding:
1: 6 + 3 = 9.
2: 2
Thermographic, low-light, and Electronic Mag 1 posessed.

Nikolai's current equipment loadout:
2x Trauma patch (in left uniform pocket)
3x R5 Stim patch (in right uniform pocket)
2 doses Kamikaze w/inhaler (in inside right uniform pocket)
Subvocal mic w/Rating 5 micro-tranciever (implanted)
Old Soviet military uniform (worn)
Armor Vest with Plates (B 4, I 3) (worn)
Offensive AP Grenade (in left uniform pocket)
Offensive HE Grenade (in right uniform pocket)
Father's hand-forged long knife (in sheath sewn inside uniform)
AK-97 w/ 38 rounds normal ammo in clip (current weapon)
Spare clip regular ammo (in inside right uniform pocket)
Spare clip Hollow Point ammo (in inside right uniform pocket)
Skorpion automatic pistol w/30 rounds normal ammo in clip (in hip holster)
Spare clip regular ammo (in inside left uniform pocket)
gobogen
I'll wait to see what the NPC gangers are doing, as well as the other PCs, before posting again.

Note: The Kid always keeps his two pistols on him in holsters (he even sleeps with them) and he has his secure long coat on right now, in which he keeps spare clips of ammo.
gobogen
Intimidation: 1 3 4 5 (Edges Good Reputation/Good Looking and knows it)

He wants everyone to finally take the situation seriously. At least, they should understand that HE takes it seriously.
Tashio
Tending Wounds/First Aid default to INT: 3 5 5 9

Thorns basicaly trying to bandage up any still open wounds and clean up some of the mess.
Tanka
Sorry about that. My video card fried at a LAN party and had to wait for a replacement to arrive. Figured I'd do a reformat in "celebration" of its arrival, as it was about time.

Give me a bit to put all my stuff from backup back on the HDD and get everything up-to-date, then I'll be here.
Tashio
Awfully quiet in here, everyone's machine die? smile.gif

Well Thorns upstairs looking after the guy waiting for someone to either call a doc or for the trog to die. Or be informed of something else major.
Fresno Bob
Ash is in the kitchen, doing more or less nothing. It's up to Gobogen to make the next post, it would seem.
Large Mike

Right, everyone who's outside and didn't mention putting on outside-in-the-winter typa gear, resist 4L Stun.
gobogen
One of our boys had a spat with his missus

What does that mean ??
Fresno Bob
Argument with his wench.
Large Mike
He and his lady friend had a falling out.
gobogen
Thanks

Resist 4L Stun: 3 4 5 7 (3 successes, no damage)
gobogen
Intimidation: 5, 4, 4, 2 (Good looking and knows it, Good Reputation II)

He's trying to make her understand that she should really better try to come back at another time to discuss with him.
Fresno Bob
Heads up: I will not be able to post for the next seven days. So until next Wednesday. Or Tuesday. Not exactly sure.
Large Mike

So, who's doing what before the big party on someone else's turf?

As a matter of fact, who's going?
Large Mike

Did I just lose all my players?
Tashio
Hey nope I'm still here.. Work was nuts the last week and busy evenings I must have missed the post somewhere along the line. I thought you had vanished..

I'm heading out now, I'll post in about 3-4 hours time.

I think most of us have been waiting for Gobo to make a post regarding his thoughts on this party.
Large Mike

I can't blame you for being all tied up. I've been the same.
gobogen
SOrry, I was out of town for the past week. I should have warned you before I left but I had lots of things on my mind... sorry.
Large Mike

I'mma take that to mean that no one has any pressing business. So, onward.

The location is what used to be a slightly oversized stuffer shack. There are reputed to be lights and sound rigged up, as well as some trog-metal on stage.

How's everyone going to be kitted out, and who's taking what?
Tashio
Warm clothes,
Secure long jacket,
Blade,
Pair of Sticky Fingers smile.gif

Fresno Bob
Warm clothes, armored jacket.
gobogen
Warm clothes, secure jacket, predator hanging tightly from belt, not concealed, Fichetti Security hidden inside his right army boot as usual.
Sphynx
Synth Leather Secure Jacket (Big enough to hide alot of weapons in nyahnyah.gif)
T-Shirt, Jeans, Size 32 Sneakers. wink.gif
Tashio
lol you could probably hide thorn in there too smile.gif he's pretty short
Large Mike

A Fichetti Security is a light pistol, not a hold out. There's no way you're going to hide it in a boot that also contains a foot. Pant leg, maybe. Boot? No.
gobogen
Ok I guess I never knew how big or small these pistols are ... can I just change what my character owns instead for a hold-out pistol (I wanted something really small) ? If you believe it is too late for that then I'll just keep it somewhere else on me ... I feel dumb now, sorry wobble.gif
Large Mike

Cavalier Scout (7c, SA, 4L) Good enough?
gobogen
That's cool .. I don't really get why I can put that gun into a boot but not the other one, since they have same conceal ! but I won't complain since I basically have what I wanted wink.gif thanks
Large Mike

When did 7 and 9 become the same number? This is *seriously* going to mess up my accounting.

In any case. Just got home from work. I'm going to sleep, and then I'll intro the party.
gobogen
I read the 7c not as the clip ammo but as "7 conceal" ... I think it's time for me to just stop speaking ... anyone wants to take over my character in game? I don't deserve it as a player frown.gif .. just kidding, I should pay more attention to weapon descriptions

Edit: I'd like to correct an earlier OOC post: he wears an armor Vest and a secure long coat... he doesn't own any secure jacket (what was I thinking in that post, really ..)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012