Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragon*Con: Sept. 2-5, 2005
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
SimpleRunner
<--- Will be there.

Figured I would start this early as not many other Con's are listed...
Ecclesiastes
Where is it being held? Got any links for us?
SimpleRunner
http://www.dragoncon.org

Biggest Sci-Fi Fantasy convention in the South East if I am not mistaken.
Whizbang
I know I'll be there. smile.gif

It's in Atlanta, Georgia.
Nikoli
I might get to go next time as Agent Brown might be doing another appearance there and my wife is a big fan of his from Farscape.
Whizbang
I always go in medieval garb. One day last time I had my little dragon on my shoulder. Got alot of compliments, but it can be tough to manage the balance and the wing span. Got sucked into a game and missed the Pern costume contest, though.
Nikoli
sounds like my friend Sian will have competition next year if she goes.

Though she usually goes as a kender...(which works oddly well for Tinker or Harper as well)
Whizbang
Harper? I love Harper. Just recently discovered Andromeda. Reminds me of one of my first Shadowrun characters. smile.gif

Well...that's off track. Thinking of which, perhaps they'll come up with an Andromeda one.
Nikoli
Not that Harper, the Harper hall. you know, lorekeepers.
Whizbang
I know. I like those harpers too. the Harper Hall trilogy is my favorite of the pern series.
Nikoli
Besides, it's Seamus Harper
SimpleRunner
Well I have signed up to run 5 sessions of Character Creation and a small adventure for SR4. Only catch is getting up to speed on the rules and geting a few copyies of the books to use at the table.

Look for the Session listed as:
"Something Simple and Something Complex"
Nikoli
Sweet, I think you just confirmed my attendance. What day is that session?
**edit**
Well, I just ordered my 4-day (though I can't use the whole thing)

Also, I looked at the RPG schedule and I don't see that listed. You might want to double check them.
SimpleRunner
I think everything is in a pending status until 07.15.2005 and then the pre-regs can sign up for the sessions.

Here is what I have:
SR4 at DragonCon
Commando Player #2325
Game Descriptions:
So you have heard the buzz on the streets saying there is a new game out. Shadowrun 4th Edition has been released and you will be able to sit and create characters based on the new rules as well as play a short adventure. You can take a guess at what is Simple and what is Complex.
Sessions: 1, 2, 5, 9, & 13
Table Size: 6
Duration: 4hrs
Approval Status: Approved
Game Session Matrix
0900-1300 = Fri 1, Sat 5, Sun 9, Mon 13
1300-1700 = Fri 2
(Corrected typo)
(Changed Pending to Approved)
Nikoli
nifty.

So, of the folks in the Atlanta area, who plans on attending D*Con and what session should we all show up for so we can have drinks or something.
SimpleRunner
I Checked the Pre-Reg Schedule for the events I am running at DragonCon see that they are not full. Plenty of room so there are still slots to fill, Tables are set to 6 but I can have as many as 8 at a table if you get friends to come along.

Fri 9 AM (1)..4 hrs. 5 avail.
Fri 1 PM (2)..4 hrs. 5 avail.
Sat 9 AM (5)..4 hrs. 3 avail.
Sun 9 AM (9)..4 hrs. 4 avail.
Mon 9 AM (13).4 hrs. 1 avail.

Checked to see what other games for ShadowRun are going to be there and see 4 total SR3 ed games, 1 SR Mission's game, and 3 independents. After seeing the GenCon list makes me think gaming is dead in Atlanta. Hope the game picks up here.
Whizbang
I know I always love playing SR at Dragon*Con... *hopes there's slots left when the Con starts*
Nikoli
I still don't see SR4 listed. can you post a link for them?

Nevermind, I see it.

ONe quick question, what the fuck?
a fee for a game, that's sad and is explains your opinion that gaming is dieing here. It already costs too much to get into the con.
Whizbang
It costs $3 for any game session, reguardless of genre. It'll likely book out once the Con is started...it has for every other year I've been there.
Nikoli
Still not paying extra. I've already paid to attend, those sessions should be included, not tacked on, especially if I'm not garunteed a seat.
Whizbang
*shrugs* doubt the process is going to change anytime soon. Of course if anyone plans on hosting free sessions, I'm all for it. smile.gif
Nikoli
Just frustrates me is all.
Was looking forward to meeting fellow DS members and those sessions were the most likely.
Anyway, if anyone finds themself at D*Con, shoot me a note on AOL or a PM through DS beforehand and we can make arrangements somehow
SimpleRunner
Hell I got a bonus and will pay for people to play if they want, the money at the tables is dumb I do admit that. The way DC runs things though 1 player at each table wins the best rold layer and gets a 5 dollar coin to use at the dealers room. In anycase would still like to see the tables filled and people having fun.

BTW one this that is sad is that I still don't have my release copy of SR4. Have till Thursday to get a copy so that we can do this.
SimpleRunner
As far as free games go, I will likely be in the Open Gaming room which is where free gaming takes place. Might be able to run something in there baring a free table.
Nikoli
QUOTE (SimpleRunner @ Aug 29 2005, 09:49 PM)

BTW one this that is sad is that I still don't have my release copy of SR4. Have till Thursday to get a copy so that we can do this.

That is sad.
Whizbang
And just where is said Open Gaming room? *is all for free gaming* smile.gif
SimpleRunner
I have my eBook! Lets the games begin!
SimpleRunner
That will be in the program guide, I don't have a copy of that yet.
Wardancer
I might go to DCon, I live 22 minutes away from it smile.gif
SimpleRunner
Well I had fun at DragonCon. Looking forward to next year!
Nikoli
It was nice to meet those of you I did, Whizbang, SimpleRunner and ZenShooter, as well as that lurker guy whose Ork based handle escapes me at the moment.
SimpleRunner
Orcstreetsam, or similar to that.
Nikoli
Danke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012