Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michigan Live Action Role playing What?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Gremish
Live action role playing.... few have heard of such a thing. "is that like when you roll you stand up and say I THE ALL POWERFULL ARCHMAGE CAST A LIGHTNING BOLT DOWN UPON THEE!" no, live action means intead of rolling dice you get to be the charatcer for a weekend. If anytones been to a renesaince(murdered word alert) festival they have either seen or have dressed up in old enligh clothing worn swords and seen fighting. Live action role playing is much like acting out a movie where you the actor/actress make the script as you go along liveing the LIFE of your character. Ive been doing this for 7 years (im 20 so WOW) ive been running the game now for 3 years and my friend Adam has been playing LARP for over 12 years and been running it for about 9. If this sounds interesting to you plz check out www.archonlarp.info for more information. or email me at archonfanatic26@sbcglobal.net

We rent a campground in port Huron where the weekend long events are held. There is heated cabins, fridge, stove ect there so never fear your not going into the wilderness =P Everything you will need will be provided for you the first time you come all we sugest u bring is a sleeping bag pillow sweat pants and shirt and extra close depeding on weather conditions.
Zolhex
you friend adam you say interesting???? so question do you or your friend know someone by the name of joel?
Gremish
Hmm il have to ask him he knows alot of poeple but i personally dont know a joel that has played Archon .... although i was 13 when i started and the players back then i dont much rememebr thier Real life names just the characters =P
StarDrifter
If the campgrounds the listed address on Jeddo road, then I figure I didn't live more than five miles from there just three years ago. I was about to post that Poured Urine was the bunghole of civilization, then found out the place was in my old zip code! That's gotta be - what - about 2 blocks west of Jeddo Market? (My guess isn't far off, according to mapquest.)

I'll forward this to some people I know in the area. I can't promise they'll be interested - they're more into tabletop gaming. But, it wouldn't hurt to try.

It might be easier to give directions from M-25. Just a turn onto Jeddo road from M-25 would be easy - especially since you can only turn one way!

Good luck.
Gremish
Thanks Star an the reason that the diections are from there is atm all the players are coming from the west side of Mich =P We have about 20 PC's coming out to each event now and about 5-10 NPC's so the more the merrier =D New site for archon is currently under construction (im working as fast as i can ) Hope to have it up and fully done by Friday at the latest =P

Dan

Also Joel yes adam knows you i heard u spoke with him which is awsome i forgot to tell him about this lol =P
StarDrifter
Well, even from the west it's not too much longer of a distance to take I69 until it ends, turn left where the offramp/freeway ends, drive ~14 miles (I think) and make another left at Jeddo Rd.

Not saying my directions are better or shorter, just possibly easier.

I took that way home when coming home from the Pine Knob/Pontiac area.
Gremish
Yeah i live uh 4 miles form pine nob =P But i know what u mean i just map quested it the first time and used that way since =P As for directions on the website im more then likly just gonan put a mapquest link that has the end addy already there for people and they cna just put in thier addy should be the eisiest way =) Thx for the help though and dont forget to talk to your friends!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012