Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aggression Inhibitors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Edge2054
One of my player's has a character who has anger management issues and wants cyberware that let's him kick off his aggressive urges when he doesn't need it so he doesn't fly off the handle for no reason. Then be able to kick it back on when he's in situations were his anger can be an advantage.

Anyone seen anything like this published anywhere?
FrostyNSO
How about Personafix BTL's?
BitBasher
In a nutshell no. Without inventing somethign now there is no ware that does that.
Edward
Light personofix would work, alternatively a series of drug injectors. All solutions would have issues however.

Edward
Crusher Bob
Some really samrt doc could probably cook you up something similar to the trauma damper that might do the job. Though you probably couldn't turn it off, and it would cost a big pile of money.
durthang
If the anger management issues are caused from a chemical imbalance, something similar to ACTH and MAO used to control the adrenal pum might do the trick.
bitrunner
also remember that if you are using Edges/Flaws, i personally as a GM would not allow him to take Combat Monster or Vindictive, as this cyberware would allow him to override the feelings, thus negating the Flaws and their granted "free" points...

i agree with durthang though - it seems that using MAO should do the trick and it's already in game - if you want something more "complicated" you could just put it into an autoinjector that he can trigger on command, or the bioware option that i can't remember off the top of my head that has an organ that generates the compound and releases it into the system...
FrostyNSO
Personafix I'm telling you.

He can't exactly 'turn off' drugs.
RangerJoe
This sounds a bit like the adrenaline rush edge. "You won't like me when I'm angry...."
Kagetenshi
You could always get fancy with ASIST brainwashing or psychotropic IC. Trigger the rage with the combined scent of cinnamon, peppermint, and motor oil, untrigger it with three notes on a pennywhistle that someone you trust keeps around.

~J
Zeel De Mort
Gemini nanites in an auto-injector, perhaps?

Have them programmed with whatever emotion you'd like to replace anger with and either fire them off manually or, if your bio-monitor was up to it, inject a dose whenever the correct chemical imbalance is detected.

A cure rather than prevention I suppose.
Cray74
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Personafix I'm telling you.

Personafix is certainly one solution, but it won't help with bad brain chemistry issues.

If it's a chemical imbalance, how about the bioware Chemical Gland with the appropriate chemical?
KarmaInferno
I am imagining a cyber-freak with a dial on his forehead that controls his anger level.

smile.gif

i think a personafix would work, even on chemical imbalance; the personafix would flood the brain with the chemicals it needs to feel happy and calm. the anger chemicals would still be there, but their effect would be diluted to the point where they'd basically be impotent.

however, this kind of heavy-handed brainmuckery shouldn't come without a price. the effect of putting your mind through a chemical wringer should be insidious but profound. i'd treat it like a BTL, only instead of rolling to keep from being addicted, the character rolls to keep from taking stress to his Int, Wil, and Cha attributes--alternating, probably.
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (bitrunner)
also remember that if you are using Edges/Flaws, i personally as a GM would not allow him to take Combat Monster or Vindictive, as this cyberware would allow him to override the feelings, thus negating the Flaws and their granted "free" points...

I dont see a problem with allowing those Flaws, even if the 'ware manages to correct them. The GM could simply impose an equal number of different mental flaws - such as penalties to social skills or whathaveyou - while the 'ware is actively suppressing vindictive, combat monster, or whatever else. Eventually the character could become accustomed to the 'ware (spend karma to remove the flaws) and no longer suffer the social skill penalties/etc.
FrostyNSO
If the character becomes addicted to personafixes I wouldn't exactly say that's canceling out the flaw smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012