Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 players looking for shadowrun gm
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
crimson ronin
email crimsonronin@netscape.net
Sren
Are you guys close to Glen Burnie or Elkridge? There's an older post for that area, and I'm not far, maybe the four of us can get together... I'm not a great GM, but if the other three of you don't want to GM, I'll try to get a game going. Weekend evenings are best for me, so we just need to find a place to play...

I'll see how much room games comics and stuff has on Sat/Sun nights... (www.gamescomicsstuff.com).

S'Ren
crimson ronin
glen burnies like 45 away but if your going to gm i dont care! i will let my friend know keep me posted! crimsonronin@netscape.net
cbettles
Hi, I live out in Arlington and I would be happy to GM if you are playing in the area.
crimson ronin
yeah id drive to arlington to play and if your games good i would go again! i will let my friend know please email me the details(house rules) bla bla thanks for the reply!
crimson ronin
crimsonronin email was made invalid AGAIN so please send emails to ninja_hunter@hotmail.com
Kanada Ten
There is something wrong with netscape.net accounts. The netscape.com ones work fine, but, of course, you have to pay for those.
PBTHHHHT
hey, if y'all have room, I'd be interested in joining. I currently live in Maryland (near Gaithersburg) and I work in Alexandria. So I have no qualms about gaming in either state. Though I will be moving to Tyson's this Spring.

you can email me at vallaugh at yahoo
cbettles
How does this sound for a plan? There is a Borders Bookstore/Cafe right at the Pentagon City metro stop. There is also a lot of parking right next to the Borders. We could meet there to talk about character generation and get a cup of coffee.
crimson ronin
eh i have coffe here at my house and a starbucks within walking distance youve got my email which is ideal for discussing gaming stuff as well as this nice forum
im getting a lot of gms wanting to meet people now before they accept them which isnt how it used to be kinda wierd i feel funny being asked to drive so far for coffe and character talk...... you can email me and ask whatever youd like to know about me or my gaming
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (cbettles @ Jan 20 2005, 11:03 PM)
How does this sound for a plan? There is a Borders Bookstore/Cafe right at the Pentagon City metro stop. There is also a lot of parking right next to the Borders. We could meet there to talk about character generation and get a cup of coffee.

I'm on to you man! That Borders coffesshop while in a public zone, is killzone with limited exits out. I think you're trying to set us up, especially with the convenience of the UCAS military nearby at the Pentagon. No, I think we should instead meet at Club 1223* near Dupont, go the bouncer and tell them you want access to Spank, it's the exclusive club located above 1223, and tell 'em that Mr. Johnson sent you. The elevator is on the second floor and it'll take you up there, the place has these beds along the side of the club. The third on the left is reserved and order the bottle of scotch. That'll be my cue to join and we can conduct the meet there. wobble.gif

Just email me, if ya want to talk over coffee, I don't mind. But not this weekend, we're getting a bit of snow... nyahnyah.gif

*heh, yeah, this is an actual club in DC. I've been there a few times, very Eurotrash scene. ugh. Funny thing is going there with my sister and seeing the bouncers greeting her like an old friend and letting her through.
cbettles
Sounds good. I'll email you this weekend.

Sren
Busy week. Ugh... going to email the other new player I know is interested. I'll try to make it when you get together at a coffee shop, if you don't mind another player. Just tell me when (email is tbryant10@hotmail.com).

On another note, I haven't found anyone local (at least in face-to-face meetings) that has played shadowrun, so I'd be interested in discussing character stuff (char gen, char ideas, campaign styles etc.) here before meeting, if anyone else is interested. Work leaves me rather dead during the week, but I can find time once or twice to add comments if anyone else thinks they'd like to chat here about characters...

I can start, my favorite character type, in any system, is spellcasters (including psychics in systems that include offensive psychic/psionic powers). For some reason, playing a (semi)normal person just defeats the purpose of role playing, playing something that can't exist, i.e. a spellcaster or magical creature, is just more interesting to me. Also, in most campaigns I've played in, elves are my favorite race. While SR elves are different than most, the same idea still applies. Playing the character who plans on living for another few hundred years is different than playing someone who knows he's only got twenty (or even 50) years left. The impact that has on SR generally translates into a dislike for cybernetic or bio-augmentation. Why pay for enhancements with your life force, possibly even your soul, when you know its just going to wear out, break or even be outdated and useless long before you die, when you can't ever get that lost life-force back, even if you give up the gear, and pay for clones replacement parts... you can't even always upgrade the gear without losing more essense than you'd have lost had you gotten the upgraded version instead of the old sub-standard version you know have.

Another of my character tendencies is heroes... or rather, just not being a villain. Its always been more fun for me to try and figure out how to finish a run without needless death, than to just go through a run killing everything in sight just because you can. I found that in many of the gamers I've talked to, playing villains seems to be the norm. (Or for DnD players, playing "neutral" characters who enjoy killing, but don't want to show up on a paladins detect evil, so they balance their evil acts with pretend good acts... )

So how about the rest of you, anyone else feel like discussing what they like in characters or campaigns?
Dizzo Dizzman
Hey everyone,

I sent out an email to arrange a "meet" (I assume I'll be the Johnson) smile.gif . If you didn't get it or you are just reading this post drop me a line at cbettles@planet-save.com. cool.gif
PBTHHHHT
Hey right back.
I sent an email to the address you posted since I'm just reading the post. But hey, I'll overkill it by posting on here too. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012