Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Butte County, CA
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Panzergeist
I'm going to school at CSU Chico, in Butte County in Northern California. Any chance I can find a group there?
Crunch
If by "there" you mean Butte County, my friends and I game up in Paradise. Are you just looking for a Shadowrun game or will anything do?
Panzergeist
Preferably Shadowrun or Paranoia, but I play other games as well. What does your group play?
Crunch
Right now we're playing D&D3/3.5e because that is what our primary DM wants to run. We are willing to try just about anything once. In the past we've played Shadowrun, Rolemaster, Hero and just about anything else we have the books and inclination to run. I enjoy and prefer playing Shadowrun, but our DM has concluded that he is a DM not a GM.

A little info about our group: 4 regulars and 1 semi-regular new guy (all 21+). I have class Friday night when school starts again, so we're planning to switch to Saturday evenings.
Panzergeist
I'm not into D&D, but tell me if you switch games, and I might be interested.
Crunch
I know I'll be running Rolemaster again this summer when school is out. If we change games before than, I'll post to this forum.
Panzergeist
Rolemaster? I don't think I've even heard of that one. What's it like?
Crunch
Rolemaster has been around almost as long as D&D. I don't own any campaign setting books so I've been making up my own world as we play. It's kinda like any other fantasy RPG, but the game mechanics are more detailed and complicated. You have many more combat options than you do in D&D and the critical hit system makes dying a possibility even if you're fighting a much weaker creature. There are more and a greater variety of spells and healing is more complicated than just asking the cleric to hit you with a cure moderate wounds.

It took a little bit of convincing to get everybody to give it a shot, but once we started playing, the group had a great time even though they're on the lam.
Panzergeist
Sounds pretty neat. Definately message me if you start doing Rolemaster.
Cynic project
I have to warn you, that Rolemaster has a whole lot of rules.... I mean a whole lot of them. Like they make all the shadowrun rules seem simple and cohesive,even.
ShieldT
Cool. *Does happy dance* Never thought I'd see this topic anywhere smile.gif

Hi. I'm a 20 y/o Butte College student in Richvale, South of Chico, West of Oroville, North of Gridley.

I've never played Shadowrun, but I've been colecting the books since I was 10. I've got 1st-3rd ed sourcebooks, including both Paranormal Animal books, Awakenings, Year of the Comet, Cyberpirates, Queen Euphoria, Shadowtech, Shadows of North America/Europe... I think there's about 25 of them. I'd rather not GM (at least for now), but I'm free Thurs-Sat nights and most afternoons.

Other games good too smile.gif
Crunch
Do you have a car and how do you feel about driving up to Paradise every other week? We're starting a new D&D 3.5ed "Shadowrun-style" Eberron campaign. The first night will probably be March 19th.
ShieldT
Yes I do. Once a week is possible.

Sounds cool man. Let's work it out. My e-mail's on this site, just send directions. Just to warn ya, I'm probably not going to be a full time/long-term member, I'm kinda unreliable.

Thanks. smile.gif

BTW This is Ted's friend Steve. Just on the off chance I recognized you smile.gif
Crunch
Your email is listed as private. I've left you a personal message here on the board.
ShieldT
Awesome smile.gif Thanks much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012