Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daddy's Girl
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Ecclesiastes
I need a few players for a run. Its going to be used for Demos and the like, so I'd prefer to have players that are fairly new to the game. Use new characters, I don't really care what build system you use (125 points, Priority, Sum to 10, etc). After the run is over, I'd like it if you could give me some feedback on the mission, as you are going to be my beta testers. If you have any questions, fire away.

I'll be providing my email address via PM, as I'll need them sent to my work and don't want that addy getting out to the general population.
Morgannah
Hmm, define "fairly new" ... I'm interested but somehow doubt that I fit the prerequisites. smile.gif
grendel
Hmm, define "fairly new" ... I'm interested but somehow doubt that I fit the prerequisites.

You so do not qualify. smile.gif
Whizbang
And I proofread it for you frown.gif
wwachtle
fairly new? hell I think that would include me!
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (wwachtle)
fairly new? hell I think that would include me!

I've never seen your name before, so we've got a winner!
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Whizbang @ Jan 6 2005, 03:08 PM)
And I proofread it for you frown.gif

Yeah, sorry, I thought that was apparent when I sent it to you that you would be excluded from playing. I guess I should have made that more clear in case you would have turned it down.

Besides, you're not really a newbie anymore.
Jaruen
Are you talking SR new, or post board new? I am the latter, but not really the former
Ecclesiastes
I'd prefer the former, but if there aren't enough of them, I'll have to take what I can get. wink.gif
wwachtle
~does dance of success~
Chance359
Still room?
Aku
i dont think i can claim an actualy game of SR played...yet. i've head 5the book a few months, and i think i've got a semi good gasp of everyhing, but theres this thing called time, i can never get enough of.
Ecclesiastes
Chance: Yeah, I'm still looking. What would you say your skill level is in the game, as I'm looking for people how are newer to SR. Though... at this point I just may have to realize that most people on this forum aren't newbies and will take what I can get. Go ahead and get the characters together and PM me when you have the sheet done. Ask any questions in here so other people can use the info as well.
Aku
i was thinking of doing a decker/rigger (derigger?) would that be of use in this world o' yours?
Blackwatch
I'm new to SR3, I played the 1st and 2nd editions quite a lot but I'm just now getting back into 3rd edition. I'd be lad to help you out. How will you be running the game? I'm also new to DS, so I may need a pointer or six.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Aku @ Jan 9 2005, 04:17 PM)
i was thinking of doing a decker/rigger (derigger?) would that be of use in this world o' yours?

Go with whatever you want, as long as you make it by the book.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Blackwatch)
I'm new to SR3, I played the 1st and 2nd editions quite a lot but I'm just now getting back into 3rd edition. I'd be lad to help you out. How will you be running the game? I'm also new to DS, so I may need a pointer or six.

The game will be run here on the forums, Play by Post style.
Leowulf
Well, I read a lot, but I think you might still consider me fairly new, since I've only ever played 3 games all the way through. 2 were here, and 1 was real time. I have a decent grasp of the rules, but a small amount of playing experience. Do I qualify?

As an aside, I wonder why games seem to slowly - or sometimes suddenly - come to a halt.
Ecclesiastes
Sure, go ahead and throw something together.
Kiedo
do you have any particulars about edges and flaws?
Ecclesiastes
Not really, try to keep them under a total of 7, but if you have a good reason to go over, go ahead.
paul_HArkonen
what size team are you looking for, because if you need players I'm more than willing to join, and I think I count for new.
Ecclesiastes
Go ahead and submit a character, I haven't received any yet. I'm looking for between 4 and 5 players.
paul_HArkonen
ok... only where am I supposed to submit him, and do you care if I build a character without knowing all the rules well, like a decker or a rigger in my case?
Kiedo
That reminds me (I don't know what "that" is but I'm reminded none the less), where is the run taking place, for character background purposes..
Ecclesiastes
Paul: I think someone else already wanted to go with a Rigger/Decker and I'd prefer to have just one (if that).

Kiedo: Seattle, 2064.
paul_HArkonen
That's fine, I have a regular group that I can play with, and work on it in my own time, once we've all got the rules down that is. I think I'll pass on it then, unless you really need players, in which case I'm sure there are better ones available.
Panzergeist
I would be willing to play if you can't get enough noobs.
Sabosect
I'm fairly new to the boards and still getting a few (hundred) kinks out of playing over the internet (or at all, for that matter). That new enough?
Ecclesiastes
Sure.
Sabosect
I'll try to get a magician ready.
Chance359
my submission

[ Spoiler ]
Ecclesiastes
Chance: Looking good so far. Flesh out the background a bit for me though. Why did he help his brother to the point of loosing his job? If he had a good (legal) job, why risk it?

Finish fleshing out the gear and whatnot as well, then PM the sheet to me.

P.S. Please include a breakdown of character creation. What points got spent where, etc.
Aes
Speakign of by the book. What books are allowed? I'm guessing the 3rd ed sourcebook and companion from the mention of point buy and flaws. What about cannon companion? Magic in the Shadows? Man & Machine etc?

Not at all new to rpgs, but not really all that fluent in the SR rules yet. Never did PBP before - just PNP and IRC (real-time(ish)). Does that qualify?
Ecclesiastes
Sure, welcome. Feel free to use all the 3rd ed books.
Aes
Right. I'll have a submission sent your way soonish. Think I'll try my hand at building a face.
Sabosect
Will you allow innitiation? Or should I do that in game only?

Also, I'm wondering if I can combine ultrasound and smartgoggles into a set of goggles set up with thermographic vision as well.
Fortune
So, who all is actually playing, or even put in an application for this game?

I have a bodyguard if needed, and I know Morganna(h) is itchin' to use a certain someone special. wink.gif

I kept making my Willpower test and didn't post for nearly weeks. I had to fail sometime. biggrin.gif
Aes
Sent a character sheet for a face this morning. Haven't heard wether or not I'm in yet.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Sabosect)
Will you allow innitiation? Or should I do that in game only?

Also, I'm wondering if I can combine ultrasound and smartgoggles into a set of goggles set up with thermographic vision as well.

In game only and yes, I see no reason why not.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Fortune)
So, who all is actually playing, or even put in an application for this game?

I have a bodyguard if needed, and I know Morganna(h) is itchin' to use a certain someone special. wink.gif

I kept making my Willpower test and didn't post for nearly weeks. I had to fail sometime. biggrin.gif

I've only had two characters submitted so far. If I don't get an influx of them by the end of the week, I'm opening the game to everyone.
Aes
Will be gone until Sun, Jan 29th. If my character is accepted, that'll hopefully be in time for the opening posts. (Seems people are slow in signing up anyhow wink.gif)
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, don't worry about it. And your sheet looked ok as far as I could see, though I didn't go over it in too much detail yet.
Sabosect
I'll be submitting mine either tonight or tomorrow. Have a couple of details I am working on.
Sabosect
I hope I didn't screw up too much...
Slipshade
I am new to SR3 and would like to submit a character. I can have one ready for you in a couple of days. I am thinking Magical information gatherer or Street Sam.

Slipshade
Ecclesiastes
So far I've only received two characters, so the game is open to anyone who wants in.
Leowulf
Well, I think I'm going to sit back for a while then. I'll be sending in my character this weekend I think. Creating characters is nothing new to me, and I already have some ready to go. I want to wait to give some of the new people a chance to finish theirs though.
bclements
If you still have room left for a noob, then I'd like a place. I'll send in the char (probably a sam or some sort of adept) in by Friday night.
Sabosect
I'm in the process of revising my character's history. Maybe get some actual content in it. I'll send you the revision by PM soon.

Is mine one of the two you have recieved?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012