Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adepts and Foci
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
mfb
an infusion focus basically gives an adept extra physad powers. for instance, you could have a focus for killing hands (S). that power costs 2 power points, so you'd need a force 4 focus to hold it. i don't remember the karma and nuyen costs, but i think they're the same as a spell category focus.
Foreigner
mfb:

Thanks.

Incidentally, where in SOTA: 2064 is that mentioned? I don't recall seeing it anywhere, but I might have missed it. As I said, I only vaguely familiarized myself with the rules, because I wanted to know what was what, while not learning so much that I might eventually get into a rules dispute with a GM.

As I've probably said, I have the SR3 core rulebook ("the Big Black Book"), THREATS, THREATS 2, THE SHADOWRUN COMPANION, MAGIC IN THE SHADOWS, CANNON COMPANION, RIGGER 3 REVISED, STATE OF THE ART: 2063, and STATE OF THE ART: 2064.

--Foreigner
Mr.Sinister
QUOTE (Foreigner)
Mr. Sinister: Just out of curiosity, did you take your alias from the Marvel Comics character (real name, Nathaniel Essex, a foe of the X-Men and mutants in general) ? The only reason I'm asking is that my alias (and my SR character, incidentally) is also from their comics.

Nope, it's actually my street name given to me by my GM. He may have gotten it from the comics, but it could also have come from the damage I deal in combat. cool.gif

Some background stats: Elf Adept, 11+3D6 initiative, Assault Rifles(5)/Spec:FN-HAR(7), Combat Pool(9), Secure Long Coat+Form Fitting Body Armor gives armor rating of 6/2, Body(cool.gif.
Foreigner
Mr. Sinister:

Thanks.

Judging by your description, that Street Name is well-deserved. eek.gif

--Foreigner
mfb
it's in with the other foci, in the adept section. i don't have the book on hand, so i can't give a page number.
Mr.Sinister
Hahahaha, yeah, he's fun to play. I love the FN-HAR. Basic gun does 8M for SA, 11S for BF, and 14D for FA. I put some generic explosive rounds in there and it goes to 9M(SA)/12S(BF)/15D(FA). Add in my SmartLink-2 sunglasses with thermal, a new muzzle break to give an RC of 4 (with bi-pod, RC of 6) and I'm laying down some serious damage.

Muahahahahahaha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012