Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goggle Program
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Thistledown
Hi guys, I just got a new program available for you to try out. My friend and I came up with a goggle creation program based off the guides and tables on my website (sorry, the rest of the site is down right now), but here's the page itself.). Our group has been using an Excel version of this for a few years to design goggles, helmets, glasses, and scopes for our characters, and the program's helping a lot.

I did most of the tables and concept stuff, and my friend Jeff did the programing. I realize not all the prices are cannon, but I tried to estimate them as close as I could based on other mods for guns and helmets. The prices in the program are more recent than the website.

Goggle Program

Please let me know what you think.

You'll need Java to run it, but that should be it. I'm just the concept and number cruncher, but if you have techinial advice on it, I'll forward that on to Jeff.

When you hit print, it makes a text file in the same directory named output.txt. It's still got a few bugs in it, like not showing the rating on a piece when you print, and I'm still working on the prices on some parts, but wanted to see if people liked the idea.

FrostyNSO
Hey that's a pretty cool lil' program cyber.gif
Xirces
Seems to take ages to load, but then I've never been a fan of java.

Other than that, seems pretty useful. I'll have a proper look through in a bit and see if I can make any constructive comments (unusual for me!)

Sad thing is, I had to read the thread title three times before I *didn't* read it as Google. Those damn search engine people are taking over my mind. wobble.gif
U_Fester
QUOTE (Xirces)
Sad thing is, I had to read the thread title three times before I *didn't* read it as Google. Those damn search engine people are taking over my mind. wobble.gif

ALL HAIL THE MARKETING GODS!!!!! eek.gif
Toshiaki
Thanks for the good utility. Things like this save typing and number crunching while making character, which is always a good thing.

If you work on anymore, let us know.
Kanada Ten
Very cool. If you could get it to XML output that's be neat. Here's Wordman's purposed XML standard.

The prices seem a little bit off... How did you determine them? And will there be or is there a data file that can be edited for additions and house prices?
Thistledown
the helmet properties file that came with it is the equivalent of a .dat file. You can open it with notepad.

The first part of the file is the compatability listing. Arranged by frames, in the long string, a 1 means it can take that mod, a 0 means it can't.

The second part of the file is the cost listing. The paragraphs are the same as the pages within the program. Each entry has the name, the price, and if it is modded based on size.

I came up with the prices about 2 years ago. If something was available as stand alone, I used that price. If not, I had a formula based off what the equipment cost as cyberware, and a ratio for things that were in both. If anybody comes up with better costs for them, I'd be happy to update it.

I know that the mods listed with armor in CC are the correct prices, although I disagree on the price for a signal locator being 1000/rating when a stand-alone is only 200/rating.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012