Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting FAQ Info
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eugene
Don't know if this has already been mentioned in another thread, but I was looking through the revised FAQ on the official site and noticed:

(a) that the German adventure "Shockwave" adventure that people mention from time to time apparently won't be translated (is this a surprise?)

(b) Steve Kenson is supposedly writing a trio of Shadowrun novels...
Ancient History
(a) Isnae a surprise

(b) Has been rumored for some time that Kenson is writing one (or more) SR novels, but what with the death of SR Duels and all...
mfb
(a) not a surprise. it's an interesting run, by all accounts, but it apparently depends too much on a bunch of stuff that's only covered in the german-language SR books.

(b) doubt it. he was going to write them for the SR clicky game, which appears to be dead.
Kanada Ten
This thread details the events of Schockwellen (Shockwaves) in English, if you were looking to know...
Synner
a) No surprises here. Follow the link above.
b) IIIRC one was actually being published in German.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Eugene @ Mar 6 2005, 06:12 PM)
(b) Steve Kenson is supposedly writing a trio of Shadowrun novels...

beyond the four he already wrote?
Demonseed Elite
He was supposed to do a trilogy for FanPro based on the Shadowrun Duels characters. But I read about that happening a year ago and it never happened and I'm not sure I foresee it happening at all.
Crimsondude 2.0
Especially now that he's a line developer for another game--a D20 one, at that.
Adam
My understanding is that at least one of the Shadowrun: Duels novels is finished, but I'm not absolutely sure.

Steve continues to do work for FanPro and other companies beyond his gig as line developer for Mutants and Masterminds.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Adam)
My understanding is that at least one of the Shadowrun: Duels novels is finished, but I'm not absolutely sure.

At least one SR Duels novel has been released in Germany: "Born to run".

According to the current FanPro D newsletter there is a new Kenson novel being released at the Leipzig book fair (starting March 17th).
The German title is "Giftmischer" (lit. "poison mixer").

It is a sequel to "Born to run".
winterhawk11

There is an English version of "Born to Run," but it never got out of the editing stage AFAIK. The writers of the Shadowrun Duels serial posted on the Duels website used parts of it to get character backgrounds for the characters we were writing. I'm bummed that it's looking like it won't get English publication, since I'd have liked to have seen the finished product.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Adam)
Steve continues to do work for FanPro and other companies beyond his gig as line developer for Mutants and Masterminds.

Dammit!
Critias
So, how many of the Shadowrun Duels characters are gonna just happen to be gay pagans?
Crimsondude 2.0
Enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012