Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: First shadow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Aku
Badda bing, badda boom. This is my first attempt at running an SR game. since only having the BBB and matrix, (and the nsrcg) those are the only books i'm letting you use. Also, it should be noted, this is going down in seattle, You'll be in Pittsburgh, PA.

I plan on being able to post multiple times a day, and i'd Appreciate atleast 2 a day if possible from my players. My most experience as a GM comes from that other game ™ so if i'm a bit battle heavy, i apoologize in advance. This isnt to say talking wont have it's place, but at some point when the drek hits the fan, the fan spits it back.

I'm looking for 4-6ish characters if possible, dont want anything too big. for faster conversations if need be in char gen you can msg me at
[ Spoiler ]

finally, please be nice biggrin.gif
Bastard
I'll be nice...or at least try.
Drain Brain
I'd be interested... I'm running a game of my own and I have to say, there's something to be missed when you're not playing in any games... frown.gif

What sort of thing are you looking at specifically? Combat heavy characters I assume, but are we talking "small army" and heavy weapons or "Double-hard-bastard" chop-socky butt-kicky uber-munch? Or are you gonna wing it based on character submissions?

Also, any particular requirements for submissions with regard to chargen?
Slacker
I'm also interested and would like a bit more info on what type of game you want to run. Also, since you are only using the BBB in Matrix, does that mean you are only going to allow the priority system for chargen?
FrostyNSO
I got a dude rolled up, but you were signed off AIM. Where did you want me to send him?
Aku
as for chargen, yes i would prefer priority, as i dont know the rules for sum to 10 or point buy. howver, if you like the nscrg, you can use that.

As for character types, anything is fine really, i'll mold my idea around what i get. The concept i have for the first run isnt so precise that it's like, oh, a mage, you wont be able to do this. or anything like that.

so far i've got one full mage waiting to be sent to me.

i wouldnt say "combat heavy" is needed though, but i would say more combat/less face needed.
Aku
Well, Frosty got me his character in, and i realized something. unlike seattle, most of you more than likely have little to no idea about pittsburgh (isnt there a katchup made there? is more than likely the most anyone knows heh) so, for the sake of a little bit more creativity, and to have things happen/be in more than just "pittsburgh" heres a quick geography lesson, sort of.

"downtown" pittsburgh really doesnt have much to say for it, there isnt alot that will distiinguish itself from any other major city. So in that regards, you can most likely find anything (for our purposes) in downtown that you could find anything else. Pittsbrugh will be the catchall, if i dont say it's happening in a more spacific area, this is where it's going down. It should be noted that, for being in western pa, pittsburgh is a relatively diverse area eithically, and while maybe not as large or prominent as New york or LA, you can probably find any major ethnic neighborhood to some extent. This includes Polish Hill, germantown, chinatown, and whatevertown/village you might want.

Northside. being "across the river" (the allegheny that is) and the old heinz field, the north side os the bad part of town. Looking for a BTL chip or some cheap drugs? this is your place. Borded up houses abound, and the majority of the less well-to-do meta's made their way to this area.

Southside- can anyone say P.A.R.T.Y? outside of oakland where the university of pitt still stands, the southside is party capital of pitt. Bars run up and down the streets, and select small shops are open long into the night to appease drunk shoppers. Less legit shopping can be done here, as lonestar doesnt pay too much attention here to the goings on beyond the doorways.

market square-while relatively underutilized, there are still a few shops that can be found in the old hub of this old city, as well as being home to one of the permanti bro's restaurants.

North hills A large shopping district is here for the more legal shopping needs, and is also the area that includes Allison Park, which is a very affluent neighborhood, with quite a few gated coomunities.

other places of note:
Pirmanti'!s-favored bar of pitsburgh since 19who-knows when, expect quite a few meets to go down in one of their three downtown locations.

D&B this is the last remenant of an old chain that can be described only as "the adult chuckie cheese's" good food, good fun, and alcohol too boot.

Robinson (towne centers)- Another large shopping center to itself, nearly any sort of legal shopping can be done here.

major roadways- Well, pittsburgh is one big mess, but to get to most area's, you'll only need to take either the east/west parkway,(route 376) or the north/south parkway(routes 79/279/579) other than that, once downtown, expect alot of one way streets

Aku
Well, i know i said nothing but BBB (and matrix if anyone goes that route)

BUT
(primarily if you're using NSRCG) I'll let CC and m&M stuff in IF and only if you dont mind sitting down and answering alll the annoying "whats this do" questions. Now i'd rather it be more flavor than munchkin items. for example frosty has a custom finish and a grip. the grip i saw gave one point of RC ok, no problem, the finish didnt have any benifits listed, so i asked, and it said it was a flavor thing with no mechanical impact. if i find out otherwise, i'll be angry though.
kevyn668
If we use BPs, how many? 123? If you don't want to bother with BPs I can just use Sum to Ten.
FrostyNSO
Ah c'mon, do priority system...everybody's doin' it man. biggrin.gif
Slacker
Priority system sucks. If its what aku wants us to use I'll use it, but I would prefer priority.
Aku
yea, i'd really PREFER priority build points bleh... headache coming....
Johnson
I will have on in during the course of the next 2 days.
Bastard
What area is everyone filling-characterwise. I like to change it up every time, so I am open to play whatever type of character the team needs. Just let me pick the personality. biggrin.gif
Mind Blank
If there is still room, I'll be interested in tossing a character in to the ring.
Critias
What kind of characters are submitted so far, and what sort of "slots" (for lack of a better term) are you still looking to fill?
hahnsoo
If you are in need of a decker, I'd like to try. I haven't played a BB game before, though. I'm familiar with all the decking rules backwards and forwards.
Smed
Hey, I'm from the 'burgh, lived about a mile from Kennywood for about 15 years. I'm ready to go dahn Primanti's for a Pastrami and an Iron

Is there still room in the game?
Aku
as for whats taken: so far only a full mage has been submitted, and i have alteast one other who is planning on getting me a merc/sam idea thats being made.

I would take a decker, and i do have the matrix book, so if you wanted things out of that you could. No custom decks outa chargen though, and not otaku.

Primanti's i knew i was spelling it wrong heh

finally,i'd really like to talk to everyone on aim or yahoo if possible about their characters, just so i know what all ya got and can maybe make suggestions in regards to locale and everything... lets face things can get mighty boring if i have to send everyone "to pittsburgh" for all of their contacts etc. and i want to make sure i have a general idea of what all your stuff does if i havent run across it yet.
hahnsoo
Alright, I've finalized my decker character with Aku, whose name will be "Boo" until such time as the group dubs me a new one. He's an African-American Troll Decker/Street-Doc.
Smed
I'll be submitting an Ork Adept named Stush in a coupla of hours.
Mind Blank
I'll drop you an Ork "hunter" in a short while need a couple hours sleep after night shift.
FrostyNSO
I got a human full hermetic mage called Mason.
Leowulf
Still room here? I'll be happy to share the BP rules. They're really pretty simple.
Aku
yes, i think i can hamdle a few more, but i've kept everyone to priority so far (about the only thing i havent bent on sofar heh) so i'd rather keep it that way.
Aku
ok, to recap so far i have Mason, and Boo as nsrcg files and one other character as an HTML, somewhere.. hehe i've got a rigger talking to me now on aim, and a couple others that have expressed interest but i havent heard anything else from them....
Drain Brain
Are you including me in that number? I had thought to leave the places for all the others who expressed an interest, but if you still need another body, let me know...
Aku
drain i think you're in the "expressed interest" group

EDIT: I have 3 fully completed sheets now, the latest bein a B&E guy I'll probably make the IC/OOC threads this weekend, and let the actual game start monday, unless you'd like to start it sooner.

Posting Req's: as i said earlier, i want a hardcore pace to this game, prolly atleast 2 times a weekday, and (hopefully here) atleast one time on a weekend. if faster is possible, GREAT, if i need to slow it down some tell me. Personally i'm on the east coast, and i am up til somewhere between 10pm and midnight, my time, and i'm online in the morning most of the starting somwhere between 8-10ish am
Bastard
Am I in "Drain's group"? Do you need a face? What do you have so far? A merc, a decker and a shaman?
Drain Brain
Lovely. Well, since you're at three or four I'll submit.

If you'd like to PM me an email address I'll send something suitable over - unfortunately I don't have AIM... frown.gif
Critias
Sounds like you're filling up pretty quick. I'll let someone else take up the last slot or two. smile.gif
Mind Blank
Just to let you know, I will have to drop out due to going to hospital for a few days. Got jumped at work last night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012