Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prefered theme to play
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Daegann
> Hi all,

what do you prefer as main theme for a campaign ? I know better is to have some different theme but if you must choose the main theme...
> Daegann
Garland
My previous campaign was what I'd call standard (work for corps, get paid, occasional personal issue, etc.). That was okay, but the current campaign I'm in is distinctly street-level. I'm kind of enamoured of that these days.
Grinder
Professional criminals who do nearly all kind of crimes. All with a dark and gritty atmosphere.
Crimson Jack
Cool poll. I would've picked Dark & Gloomy Magic, if it were an option. The game I get to play in centers around voodoo lore in the caribbean. Lots of cyberpirate/gun runner stuff, mixed with creepy magical themes. Pretty fun stuff, as it takes my mind off the Seattle area running scene.
Smed
Dark and gritty, magic heavy, mostly street level game is my current favorite.
BishopMcQ
Dark and Gritty background with a solid mix of Magic, Corporate level espionage and some good old-fashioned Organized Crime to keep it all in the family so to speak.

Pretty standard I know, but that's why you mix it up with the occasional jaunt to Europe, Asia or Southern California to make you remember the goold old days when you were in your home town with all your contacts readily available.
Jrayjoker
I am currently starting a high power campaign (135 BP, up to nuyen.gif 1,500,000) where the PCs will all be working for a patron without knowing it. Think The Usual Suspects.
Jrayjoker
I didn't vote this way, but in the past I have always played/run street level, young punks with more attitude than skill games.
Edward
I have played the power play style but I would like to slid back a bit closer to street, not quite all the way but just a bit.

Edward
Mortax
Right now we are doind a high power, but the PCs are unaware for the most part.
Bastard
I prefer a mix so you can have a well rounded group (minus a decker cause they take up too much game time) with a overall dark and gloomy feel. That's what I love about SR, the gritty side, and the ability to play just about anybody, from Johnson to squatter.
zephir
I like a different subculture on every street corner.
Charon
My themes are, hum, whatever seemed a good idea at the time.

Snow_Fox
We get a lot of dark and gloomy with mixes of corp and organized crime with magic floating around them.

Things like mysteries around a corp sponsored archeological dig in NAN,

Sabotaging a product line but not knowing ofr whom etc
Herald of Verjigorm
Where's the option "bright and floofy"?
Mr.Platinum
I use the gritty Barrens with a dark atmosphere with the crime lords about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012