Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Order of priority
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
silvergoat
Was wondering in what order i should read the books. I have all 3rd edition books, have read the BBB and the other rule books. I have also read Brainscan and year of the comet. What should be my priority if my games going on in 2061?
hahnsoo
Get the most recent sourcebook for the area your group will be gaming in. Peruse that a few times, to get familiar with the location.

Other than that, I'd say required reading rules-wise includes the BBB, MitS, M&M, R3, and Matrix, depending on the focus of your campaigns and PCs.
Kagetenshi
I'd say the order should be something like SR3, Corporate Download, Man and Machine, Magic in the Shadows, Target: Matrix, Matrix, Rigger 3. Toss Shadowrun Companion in there towards the front, but there's much less reading meat in there.

Edit: you've read the rules books. In that case, Corporate Download, Target: Matrix, Shadows of North America, Target: Wastelands.

~J
DragginSPADE
It really depends on what you want in your campaign. You say you've read the BBB and "the other rule books", so I assume you've read the Cannon Companion, Magic, Matrix, and Man & Machine.

Reading the place book for the location your campaign is in never hurts, i.e. New Seattle, Shadows of North America, or Shadows of Europe as appropriate. If you're wanting to include current events related stuff in your runs to keep a sense of the world as a living place, I'd recommend the State of the Art books for the culture shock and current events info.

Just my two cents.

[Edit] Forgot Corporate Download. Lots of good info in there as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012