Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ooc:first Shadow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Aku
This is where we ooc for the run, die rolls etc
FrostyNSO
I'm new to this, so how are we doing die rolls and what not? Do I get to chill back and let you do them?
Aku
nah, i'm feelin lazier than that, i'll trust everyone to do their own die rolls and post them here...

if i start seeing a string of 6's constantly though i'll do it myself
FrostyNSO
Ok, damn. Oh and FYI, Ednesdays/Thursdays are my weekend (and actually will be off this Tuesday too) so I prolly won't be able to post much/if at all on those days. Pregnant wife + rapidly approaching due date (Mar22)
Aku
noted, but i think you're the only one with that setup frosty, and i've gotten a few issues with the weekends as it is from a few, so i doubt you'll see much action sat/sunday, unless you happen tog et seperated.

Aslo, i'm going to try an supress an urge to post after everyone else makes one post as i do in most of my dnd games (as their solo) so heres to hopeing people post soon heh
Slacker
So have the different team members met before at all? Or will we all be meeting for the first time on this run
Bastard
Hello all---entering the ring is ... eek.gif HOOTER! eek.gif
hahnsoo
*waves* I'm not sure about about the issue of whether or not we've met each other, but I'm fine with it either way. My current fixer is called "TBA" for now, until the fixer for the game is established (I'm thinking we will all get this job through the same fixer).

Not sure how much of this we'll be able to portray ICly, but here are the relevant details for my character's description:
My character is an African American Troll who goes by the name of "Boo" when you first meet him, but I hope I won't have to stick with that name... I'm going to let you guys name him to your preference once we get settled in. He's a short, squat troll who appears fairly well-dressed, with a white clean Oxford shirt and plain tie, with brown well-worn slacks and shined large black shoes. Over this, he wears a large bulky leather jacket, which may or may not be armored. He sports an obvious right cyberarm, an array of chipjacks just behind his right ear, and a datajack on his right temple. He describes himself as a decker, but also says he has some knowledge in patching people up, and can handle himself in a firefight or melee. He seems to chuckle a lot, and overall is fairly good natured, even jolly, especially for a troll. He also seems to have unusually good English speaking skills and talks like he knows what's up. He drives a Brumby (white painted, with a logo on the side that says "Northside Family Clinic" on it in light blue).

Templates to think about: Dr. Hibbert or Bill Cosby as a troll. smile.gif
hahnsoo
I'm thinking we can post actual dice rolls under spoiler space, as I've seen other threads do. That seems to look and work well.
Aku
that sounds like a good idea, i hadn't even thought about doing it that what hahnsoo, dont have to keep cross referencing back to here to see if something worked.

Your individual fixers are contacting you for the meet with one johnson.
FrostyNSO
how do you make spoiler tags?
Slacker
[ Spoiler ]

FrostyNSO
Thanks!
Bastard
do we have a healer as a mage?

Edit-Since we all know each other here is a quick background of my character

[ Spoiler ]
hahnsoo
We have a healer (Biotech dude, which is me... I roll something like 7 dice for Biotech and have 6 complementary with a Savior medkit), though I don't know if the mage has healing spells.
Bastard
cool then i dont have to use up spells on that ork.gif I got to remake him though...i messed up :[ so i will probably get it anyway...that way i can heal then you can heal after... or vice versa, cant ever remember who goes first magic or mundane.
Aku
i think it's mundane then magic

EDIT: while i'm thinking of it, does everyone appreciate the all the messages to everyone in one post format? or would individual players like me to comment when they post?

EDIT (AGAIN!) and while i'm thinking of it, i'd like to congratulate myself on catching Bastard's bastardly character flup ups, one of these days i think he's gonna tell me he was just testing me....
Slacker
yeah, mundane and then magic. Successful magic healing precludes the use of any other type of healing.
hahnsoo
One post is fine, I could go either way, but I think one-post is easier to read.
Bastard
Haha! Just testing you. No really it was horrible math...I seriously forgot to add my spell points, plus I caught something else which I fixed already...

I just sent you him....my numbers will follow...this time 1000-500 doesnt = 900
Slacker
QUOTE (Aku)
while i'm thinking of it, does everyone appreciate the all the messages to everyone in one post format? or would individual players like me to comment when they post?

The one post format is ok, but I would think that if you could post replies to people when they comment it might be a good idea. Some people may want to have more dialogue and others may not.
If you just reply to individual comments, you can make sure everybody if finished with what they wanted to say/do sooner.
Aku
what i'll most likely end up doing, is once i get everyone knowing they're in and everything, then 'll post closer to individual replies, bit first, i want to make sure everyone's in
Slacker
good idea
Aku
ooc hooter, since i dont wanna time warp, your phone rings, and you get a message similar to any of the others, with the same info. you may answer the call however you'd like.

sorry, but if i edit the original post, i think it's gonna get all screwy because i used multiple spoilers
Slacker
Just out of curiosity, who are we still waiting to hear from?
I just noticed that that Mind Blank had posted on the Recruitment page that he was dropping out. So I wanted to make sure it wasn't him.
Slacker
Wormwood's going to be checking out Primanti's once he finishes talking to his fixer. Looking for info such as the layout of the area around it in case he has to make a quick get away, the number and locations of entrances to the place(including service entrances), typical security (i.e. bouncer, MAD detection equipment, firearm policy if possible, etc.), also the typical dress and mannerisms of Primanti's customers and the general neighborhood.
After he's done that he will go back to his place and get a bit more sleep before heading back for the actual meet with the johnson.
Aku
heh sorry worm, i woulda had that earlier, but i so forgot who your character was to check a few things hehe

p.s. my parents found a new house to rent.

that means me too, so i might be slower than i would like until we get resettled in, i should still be at atleast once a day though
FrostyNSO
After getting off the phone with Thalia, Mason is going to get his running clothes on and go for a run through the neighborhood. After that, he's going to shower, shave, etc..., do a little cleaning up around the house, and then put on some tres chic and head to a Thai Restaurant (I didn't know any so made one up...sorry) for lunch. If Thalia shows, he'll try and get a little more info out of her regarding Primanti's and this mystery man, along with who it was that told her to contact me. After lunch, he is going to head to Primanti's and hang out inside (keeping a watchful eye on comings and goings, as well as trying to make a few new female friends) until it's time for the meet, if allowed.

For now, the armor and guns are staying at home.
Travel will be by cab.
Mason will cast a Force 3 Healthy Glow on himself before leaving the house.
[ Spoiler ]

Resists Drain
[ Spoiler ]

Perception Test (if needed)
[ Spoiler ]

Etiquette (if needed)
[ Spoiler ]

I'm not a fashion guru so I'll be vague. Mason will have his short black hair done slightly ruffled, will be clean shaven, and will wear something stylish (tres chic, high lifestyle)...something in a grey.
hahnsoo
Boo is arriving at the meet with his Secure leather jacket, a white oxford shirt with a plain tie, brown plain slacks and black shined shoes. He isn't going to do much else to prepare at the moment, since both of his main weapons (a spur and cybergun) are built into his cyberarm. I suppose he'll have his three linguasofts slotted and a Chemistry Knowsoft, just for the hell of it.
Slacker
heh sorry worm, i woulda had that earlier, but i so forgot who your character was

lol. I am sure it's confusing between my dumpshock name, my characters real name, his fake identity, and the several street names I gave him. It will probably get more confusing because Wormwood is actually a streetname for my character's real identity, so he probably wouldn't be giving that name to the rest of the team.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just realized that I never told you the origin of the street name Wormwood. It comes from his favorite drink, absinthe, of which wormwood is the key ingredient. In case you don't know, absinthe is a green liqueur that is illegal in many contries today due to its toxicity which gives it a mild hallucinogenic property.

I would assume that the two girls that just got gunned down in the drive-by were unfamiliar to me. Otherwise, I would have likely done something. As it stands, Wormwood takes it to be the usual for the neighborhood.

From you're description it sounds like Primanti's doesn't have much security, if any, but the neighborhood sounds like it's somewhat regularly patroled by Lone Star or Pittsburghs equivalent. Am I right?

Does Wormwood stick out excessively in his Armante clothing?

He will make note of any back way out of Primanti's and one or two escape routes if things get hairy. You don't really need to go into detail on that. It's just his normal paranoid mind doing its thing.

While checking out the area, Wormwood will also be looking around for anybody else that seems to be paying Primanti's a lot of attention.
[ Spoiler ]

so i might be slower than i would like until we get resettled in

No problem. Completely understandable. As my dumpshock name implies, i am a slacker who doesn't do much actual work, so i have plenty of time to spend on here. But I don't expect everybody to be like that.
FrostyNSO
...we still on?
Bastard
I just talked to him...via moble yahoo text message thingie. He said he is in the middle of moving, but he should be up Monday. dead.gif

EDIT: Aku said he should be up Monday! twirl.gif
Aku
sorry about that everyone, took verizon longer than it should have to get our phone lines turned on, and thus i had no internet for the whole week. sorry for skimping on the pre meet conversations, but i think we'd all agree that we want to get this underway.
Slacker
to everyone:

Well, details on the job are a bit sketchy, i was just given the meet info, and told to send the buy guy i know to primanti's, and so i called you. Be there by 5 pm. sorry i dont have more for you.

Right at a quarter til 6, 3 vehicles pull up infront of Primanti's

Is this an error or did we all stand around for at least 45 minutes? If we did have to wait that long, Wormwood seems a bit surly to the young human steps outside and spots him.

After a brief moment, the younger human walks outside carrying, and stands by the main entrance, observing the square

What exactly is he carrying? Just the folder?

Other than that, Wormwood will glance him over for any concealed weapons and then walk over and introduce himself.

Perception test(if needed)
[ Spoiler ]

Ettiquette test(if needed)
[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Mason is going to try and get close to the younger man, greeting him and testing the responsiveness of the guy's security. He is also curious as to what these guys might be packing.

Perception Test (if needed)
[ Spoiler ]

Etiquette Test (if needed)
[ Spoiler ]
Aku
Is this an error or

yes, yes it was, i couldnt find or remember what the time was i said, and since i generally like 6 oclock, i figured it was as good as any, sorry, GM error #1.... but it's been fixed...
Bastard
me too...in case

perception
[ Spoiler ]

etiquette smile.gif
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
lol, with that poor an etiquette, i'm thinking hooter is going have a problem at the door despite the young man having his picture (or whatever he is using to identify the runners).

If it's ok for us to know each other, and Wormwood noticed this exchange, he would step back and help hooter out.

Perception test (to notice the exchange between Hooter and the young man)
[ Spoiler ]

Etiquette test (to smooth things over with the young man for hooter)
[ Spoiler ]

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention earlier, I wanted to record a picture of the young man, the bodyguards, and the old man using the camera built into my cybereyes.
FrostyNSO
Just in case: yacking with the Johnson.

Etiquette test
[ Spoiler ]
Aku
to clairify the count of three:

hahnsoo
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 09:28 PM

was boo's last post time, well before i even gave the description of the johnson arriving, so for now i'm ruling him out, should he return before all of the johnson dealings are done, i'll fix it.
Slacker
I do have more question for Wormwood to ask, but since the old man said his son would give us the details I will wait until after the son has talked with us to ask them.

The only thing I was concerned about is that the old man might be the one that handles the pay for the job so I wanted to negotiate with him first.

OOC, I can tell that Mason and Wormwood have the same skill in ettiquette, but from his last bit of dialogue I would guess that he has little to no negotiations skill.

So I would suggest we let Wormwood handle negotiations (especially after what the SRdice roller that is part of NSRCG gave me)

Negotiations test
[ Spoiler ]

P.S. I hope hahnsoo returns. It's more fun with more people in the game.
FrostyNSO
Hah! Great roll. I never pick up negotiations usually, we RP that out. Gotta remember to grab that one. But as Mason said, he is no negotiator.

Go Wormwood!

edit: I caught that he said his son had the details, but I figured if this is the man in charge, you never know what he might know and tell given a little schmoozing.
hahnsoo
Been busy for the past few days, I'm back now! smile.gif

Edit: I posted something brief ICly just to get my character at the same table. The troll has a Charisma of 4 and the following Etiquette, Negotiations and Perception test rolls at the meet:

Etiquette:
[ Spoiler ]

Negotiations:
[ Spoiler ]

Perception:
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Good to have you back hahnsoo.
Aku
i've got a feeling i'm so over paying you guys for this job, but oh well, i'll just put the ole ball squeze on the karma smile.gif), or make life much worse than they expect it...
Slacker
Really, with games played on the forum it's a good idea to be excessively generous. It takes so long to play a whole game that if you don't, people lose interest because they can't improve their characters much.

And yes, if you looked at the canon suggestions for pay, you are paying us extraordinarily well. So thanks biggrin.gif
hahnsoo
I'm just waiting for my question about security to be answered, and then I think I'm done. Enough info all around and we can start on the legwork (which for me will involve Matrix searches). You guys can start posting some wishlists of what to search for.
Aku
sorry hahn, forgot that one, editing last post to answer it
Slacker
I had forgotten about your question too hahnsoo.

As far as Matrix searches go, Wormwood is a paranoid sob, so he'd like to make sure the Johnson is legit. To that end Wormwood give you the pictures he took using his cybereyes of the old man and his son. Just do a cursory search on them. It sounds legit so I'm not that concerned about it.

Blueprints of the building would be nice, if you can get them from the city planning's systems or the construction company who built it.

Map of the sewers connected to it would also be good.

Probably should see if the company has been in the news at all lately.

That is all I can think of for now.
Slacker
Not sure which time the meet actually started, 5 or 6, but it didn't sound like it took very long. IF it started at 5, it hsould be no problem to get to the target before 7. If it started at 6, it might be too late.

Either way, Wormwood is going to head over to it to check out what he can see of the night time security.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012