Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flying Monkeys
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kryton
I wonder how they'll handle genetic manipulation. IE gene splicing and new creatures. Bitrunner has some good ideas hopefully they'll use him as a resource for new material. Besides you can never have enough flying monkeys.
Antimuppet
That or genetically engineered krill that doesn't taste like krill.
RunnerPaul
HA. Good luck with that.
kryton
Actually Rich's idea is "umm" more complex and much better thought out ect. I promised not to mention what it is but he's hit on alot of good ideas. I just put the monkeys part because flying monkeys are funny. Seriously though Rich has some good ideas.
Jrayjoker
Are you implying deeper knowledge of the genesplicing rules to come, or am I just inferring that you have an inside track??? wink.gif
kryton
No I absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. I'm "not" in the know. I just made a bad joke......But you've got to love Flying monkeys.
hermit
However, wasn't there mention of genetech applied to creatures (flying jellyfish-ish things and such) in Shadowtech? Weren't there these space monkey type creatures in SOTA 2063? And then there's Proteus ... I dunno how much of the Proteus background made it to the US (or canon, for that matter), but they basically livwe off Genetech, entirely. That's why their arcologies are sealed off like they are.
Req
QUOTE (hermit)
However, wasn't there mention of genetech applied to creatures (flying jellyfish-ish things and such) in Shadowtech?

Ah yes, the bloats, I think they were called?
hermit
Yeah, something like that. What became of them? And the space monkey men? And generally Proteus' monstrosities?
Jrayjoker
Wow, I m behind the times. Where can I get my flying monkey riding a monstrous bloated jellyfish?
Blitzen
I don't know, I'm kind of partial to Raging Orangutans with Remington Roomsweepers myself.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (hermit)
Yeah, something like that. What became of them? And the space monkey men? And generally Proteus' monstrosities?

There was a reference to the "bloats" program being restarted in SOTA64 along with the Man O' War combat variants. Apparently it was discontinued in 2055, but times they are a changin' back.
hermit
Oh neat, so I can expect to see the Condor LDSD-2000 cyborg drone in SR4, then?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012