Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ammo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
=-_RaVeN_-=
Arbelast II Medium Anti-Armor Weapon; it sez "Unlike the LAW, the MAW's disposable firing canister..." Does that mean it's a one-shot weapon, and if I want more than one, I've got to buy more than one? There's no listing for ammo for it...
Modesitt
I don't know about your copy of CC, but mine certainly has a listing for ammo for the the MAW. It's on the same page, first one listed after all the launchers are listed.

And yes, you'd need to buy a new launcher every time.
=-_RaVeN_-=
QUOTE (Modesitt)
I don't know about your copy of CC, but mine certainly has a listing for ammo for the the MAW. It's on the same page, first one listed after all the launchers are listed.

And yes, you'd need to buy a new launcher every time.

No listing I.E. - ammo... But you answered my question... Thanx...
Crusher Bob
Alot of missile systems are in two parts:
The sighting system
A sealed tube containing the actual missile.

You hook the two together, fire the missile, then attache another missile tube. This protects your missiles against rain, mud, etc (the tube can be sealed) and makes them easier to cart around. Typically the sight and the missile are the expensive parts of the system, the tube is just a tube.
=-_RaVeN_-=
QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
Alot of missile systems are in two parts:
The sighting system
A sealed tube containing the actual missile.

You hook the two together, fire the missile, then attache another missile tube. This protects your missiles against rain, mud, etc (the tube can be sealed) and makes them easier to cart around. Typically the sight and the missile are the expensive parts of the system, the tube is just a tube.

Got it...

I'm keepin' that one fer the Street Samurai who'll no doubt be in our party ("Here! Use this!")... But I'm lookin' at a Great Dragon for the pop-up remote turret for my car... (EVIL grin)

Adarael
Speaking for real world LAWs and MAWs, the launch tube can't be reloaded; it's a disposable weapon. I suppose it COULD be reloaded, but they're manufactured in one chunk. I.E. they don't sell independent ammo, IRL.
Crusher Bob
On the other hand, the RPG-7, Carl Gustav, and SMAW are all reloadable.

The SR LAW may be the M72 which weight around 5 pounds, while the MAW may be the AT4 which weighs around 15.

Sigh, looks like the SRAW (next gen anti-armor weapon) is going to work great, but is going to be too heavy to carry, sigh.
=-_RaVeN_-=
UPDATE:

Page 28, Canon Companion lists AMMO for the Arbalast II MAW...

THAT means it ISN'T disposable (which means I'm gonna need ammo)
Morphling The Pretender
Well, not necessarily. Just because it isn't reuseable, that doesn't mean it comes with a rocket in it. That's a safety hazard. You probably buy a box of launchers and a box of rockets. I don't have the CC, so I can't argue the semantics. Sometimes it can be rather obtuse. Best thing if the text is unclear is to have the GM rule one way or the other.
Adarael
Page 28, Canon Companion lists AMMO for the Arbalast II MAW...

THAT means it ISN'T disposable (which means I'm gonna need ammo)

I was talking about the real-world MAW and LAW launch tubes.
I've always played with them being disposable in SR3, because IRL and in FoF they are, in CC they aren't.
Modesitt
I was talking about the real-world MAW and LAW launch tubes.
I've always played with them being disposable in SR3, because IRL and in FoF they are, in CC they aren't.

Are too.

Pg. 28 CC, right column, 3rd paragraph: The most common light-armor weapon (LAW) in the world. the M79B1 is a single-shot, disposable rocket fired from a shoulder mount.

Pg 28 CC, left column, 4th paragraph: This medium anti-armor weapon (MAW) fires a heavier rocket and warhead than its law cousin.

While it's not explicitly stated that MAWs are disposable, it is certainly implied IMO.
Adarael
Well, the addition of 'ammo cost' into the page certainly implies the launcher itself isn't disposable.

If it is (this being a discussion thread on that idea) they've certainly chosen an ass-backwards way to do things.
=-_RaVeN_-=
I guess the other side of it is this...

Havin' said weapon WITH ammo, jus' creates ANOTHER weapon type to use('course the AMMO is 2/3's the cost of the LAUNCHER, but...)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012