Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to David Copperfield?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimson Jack
David Copperfield. Not the book, the "magician".

I started thinking about some of the differences that magic (in general) would foster upon it's inception and eventual integration into society. People like David Copperfield or Harry Blackstone (the sleight of hand artists) wouldn't really have a place in the limelight any longer. Why watch a special on how a known mundane could trick you into believing that the Space Needle has disappeared when the audience knows that true magic exists in the world? Would being able to tell which card the audience member drew out of the deck still be something that boggled the mind? I think not.

Do primetime magic shows even exist in the future?
Critias
I think David changed his name in the early 2000's. Ehran something. Dunno.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 26 2005, 05:43 AM)
I think David changed his name in the early 2000's.  Ehran something.  Dunno.

rotfl.gif

Does that mean the Big D was the 'Masked Magician' that was trying to expose all their tricks a few years ago?
toturi
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 26 2005, 05:43 AM)
I think David changed his name in the early 2000's.  Ehran something.  Dunno.

rotfl.gif

Does that mean the Big D was the 'Masked Magician' that was trying to expose all their tricks a few years ago?

No, that was Mr Harlequin.
Mortax
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Who is that masked man!
Why, the man with the golden ear!

Although Harlequin might be "The Amazing Johnathan" too. The guy is crazy enough.
RunnerPaul
So who are Penn and Teller in the Shadowrun Cosmology?
Catsnightmare
Penn is the mage and Teller is his Ally Spirit
hyzmarca
I'd think it was the other way around. Teller once plunged his hand into Pen's chest and riped his heart out on national television. If Penn was a metahuman that would have killed him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012