Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canada Roll Call - Praries and west coast
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
lodestar
Greetings fellow tobogganners! We might as well start up a new list. So grab your toques, bring some donuts. Contact each other as necessary, and don't forget to end each statement with the obligatory "eh!" wink.gif

If you need me you can find me at my usual haunt somewhere along the Mighty North Saskatchewan.
The Question Man
Vancouver , B.C. Players & GMs Roll Call

Hello Chummers , hope your all interested in Shadowrun . I'm fishing for a campaign to join as a player . Anyone looking for an older player give us a call .
Blackgoat
Tekgoat
Nephyte
Last_of_the_Great_Mikeys
Bighunk23
PaladinLord
Lazerus
Augustus
Silvermain
The Question Man

Large Mike
Ajax? I'm so sorry.

Calgary, myself.
ElastiZombie
I'm in Victoria, BC and on the lookout for a group to hook up with as a player. I have a fair bit of experience, but I haven't played much since I moved here (6 years ago) so I may be a bit rusty, so you must bear with me.. smile.gif

p.s. eh?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (The Question Man)
Vancouver , B.C. Players & GMs Roll Call

Blackgoat
Tekgoat
Nephyte
Last_of_the_Great_Mikeys
Bighunk23
PaladinLord
Lazerus
Augustus
Silvermain
The Question Man

Ya know, ever since 2 of my regular group got D20 Modern. they just don't wanna play Shadowrun anymore. frown.gif

So, if anyone needs a player, lemme know and we'll see if schedules blend.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (ElastiZombie)
I'm in Victoria, BC and on the lookout for a group to hook up with as a player. I have a fair bit of experience, but I haven't played much since I moved here (6 years ago) so I may be a bit rusty, so you must bear with me.. smile.gif

p.s. eh?

I'm new to the Vic area myself... got the books (when they get shipped here), the knowledge, and drive... just don't have a group...
ElastiZombie
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
QUOTE (ElastiZombie @ Aug 19 2003, 09:13 PM)
I'm in Victoria, BC and on the lookout for a group to hook up with as a player. I have a fair bit of experience, but I haven't played much since I moved here (6 years ago) so I may be a bit rusty, so you must bear with me..  smile.gif

p.s. eh?

I'm new to the Vic area myself... got the books (when they get shipped here), the knowledge, and drive... just don't have a group...

If we could find a third, at the least, then we could start up a group.
Whaddaya say people? Any more runners in Victoria?
sarkem
I'm in Kelowna BC. Not many shadowrun players around these parts I think.
Jetmaster
Hey hey, signing in from the Mighty bald plains known as Saskatchewan. If we have hills, we dont know about it wink.gif

I might as well pull the role call for our crew or at least those that reside here on dumpshock at points...
Raz3
Daishi
Jetmaster

I've noticed we dont have callsigns for anyone but three of us... hmm.. may have to fix that..
Dragoonkin
Hmm...none of my crew is around here either. nyahnyah.gif That's a good thing, I say.

I'm from Winnipeg, got a crew though and not currently looking for more. wink.gif Any "serious" Shadowrun players would probably puke at my fast-and-loose style. nyahnyah.gif

Anyone in Yorkton, Saskatchewan who wants Shadowrun I can hook you up, I know quite a few 'runners around those parts...Kleedrac, Boom-Boom, Last_Knight I'm looking at you (even though I don't know if they even post on this forum sleepy.gif).
Nephyte
For the Victoria area players:

This information could potentially be largely out of date, but I believe our wonderful Dumpshock hosts Dvixen and ThatPaolo are both in the Greater Victoria area. I would seriously suggest dropping them a line to see if that is true or not.

This information could be out of date or just completely erronous. I doubt it will hurt to ask, especially if done so in a very cordial manner.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Also, for further clarification, I've recently relocated to Abbotsford. Thanks Question_Man for the post from the old boards to here!

Oh yeah .... and I'm .... [SIZE=1] a GM
silvermain
I'm still in Langley, if any one wants a player I'm game.
Large Mike

Firstly, bump, and secondly, I need more players in the Calgary area. A bunch of my players had a falling out and won't game with each other, and their relationship problems should not result in me not having players anymore.
lodestar
Been out of touch, been busy so I can't do much to help you there Large Mike. Going to be moving permanently down Okotoks way soon though so who knows. My group plays sporadically at best so I won't promise them for anything, it doesn't help that they're all reclusive paranoiacs too.

*bump*
blakkie
What part of Calgary? Our group hasn't play SR in a while, and likely won't get back to SR till at least summer. Currently we are in the middle of the wife's D&D campaign. But i've noticed her getting more and more, er, grumpy DMing. Things kind of bug her that really shouldn't, like blowing a call. Especially when it results in a monster death. wobble.gif But when we do get back, and if we have room at the table. Right now we have DM (rotating) + 5 regular players and 2 parttimers. So the table gets a bit crowded it. Not sure how the parttimers are going to work out, and we usually can squeeze in 6 comfortabley. So there might be a spot.
Large Mike

Really, lode? Because I just had to move back to Okotoks. It'd be nice to find some players that aren't 14. No offence intended to them, but the young'ens just don't cut it.

Hop on down to the Valley of the Mage. My current number is up on the "I need players' wall. Besides, it's a good store, and needs your support.

Blackkie: Well, up until recently, the south end of Calgary, right near Anderson Station. But now, I'm stuck in Okotoks with a blown up car.
blakkie
That truely is irony, two of our group live Canyon Meadows. Good luck hooking up in Okotoks.
Large Mike

That's it. The core book needs to come with a free shirt. Or a button or something. "I am a shadowrunner." or "I kill for nuyen" or something.

Blakkie, when I'm vehicled again, we'll talk. It prolly won't be until summer, though. nyahnyah.gif
Swansonegger
QUOTE (Large Mike)
That's it.  The core book needs to come with a free shirt.  Or a button or something.  "I am a shadowrunner."  or "I kill for nuyen" or something.

Blakkie, when I'm vehicled again, we'll talk.  It prolly won't be until summer, though.  nyahnyah.gif

Grew up in Deer Run, Large Mike, but I am now in Thunder Bay, doing school stuff. And I live in Citadel now when I am in Calgary for the summers.

The group I used to play with lived in Deer Run too, or was it Varsity? Too hard to recall exactly where we played the most. Heck, for all I know, blakkie could be my old GM, if he is a Beaverbrook grad and has a kid or two.
Large Mike

heh, Beaverbrook. FCHS/AHSFA alumni, my friend. Go falcons.
blakkie
QUOTE (Swansonegger @ Mar 8 2004, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (Large Mike)
That's it.  The core book needs to come with a free shirt.  Or a button or something.  "I am a shadowrunner."  or "I kill for nuyen" or something.

Blakkie, when I'm vehicled again, we'll talk.  It prolly won't be until summer, though.  nyahnyah.gif

Grew up in Deer Run, Large Mike, but I am now in Thunder Bay, doing school stuff. And I live in Citadel now when I am in Calgary for the summers.

The group I used to play with lived in Deer Run too, or was it Varsity? Too hard to recall exactly where we played the most. Heck, for all I know, blakkie could be my old GM, if he is a Beaverbrook grad and has a kid or two.

Nope, moved in from SK after post-secondary, although my first place in town was in those 3-story wood walkups NW of Beaverbrook. The rest of my group are either too young or also moved here as adults.

EDIT: Incidentally I also owned a duplex on west side of Deer Run, just south of 146th, for about 3-4 years about 6 years back.
Swansonegger
QUOTE (blakkie)
EDIT: Incidentally I also owned a duplex on west side of Deer Run, just south of 146th, for about 3-4 years about 6 years back.

Hmm, duplex, south of 146th in west Deer Run.

How was living on Deerfield Dr? wink.gif
lodestar
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Really, lode? Because I just had to move back to Okotoks. It'd be nice to find some players that aren't 14. No offence intended to them, but the young'ens just don't cut it.

I hat to tell you this but they don't get better with age. Our group is in the twenty-five to thirty range, and keeping every session on track is difficult sometimes and keeping enough combat in each session to keep people from being bored is tough. As a player my characters avoid combat like the plague having well developed senses of self preservation, so be warned if we ever hook up to play. wink.gif

Right now I'm a little busy with work and moving to give too much time to gaming and the cash flow isn't enough to warrant much by the way of more gaming gear.
Large Mike
I've found that they *do* get better with age. As evidenced by the players outside of Okotoks. Really, they really, really do.

I blame WotC. How can kids be expected to give good roleplay when they were raised on YuGiOh and d20. Evil stuff. Not even the good kind of evil.

And lode: what do you take me for? You'll be lucky to find even a pistol on most of my characters, much less anything bigger. Reflex enhancers are completely out. Never touched 'em. Not once.
lodestar
biggrin.gif grinbig.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Swansonegger)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Mar 9 2004, 08:57 AM)

Hmm, duplex, south of 146th in west Deer Run.

How was living on Deerfield Dr? wink.gif

Oops, I ment east side. So Deer Run Drive, and i would have likely enjoyed it a lot more if my now ex-wife hadn't also been living there. wink.gif
Mimick
Kamloops, BC, eh?

Don't see many players stray beyond WW, WoTC, and Palladium games around here...of course, there being only one game shop in town, and that catering mostly to CCG's and DnD players, I'm not surprised. Thus far I've had to order in all my game books at a premium price (hackmaster, shadowrun, earthdawn 2nd ed), and I'm lucky to be able to use any of them every other week.
Dog
Hello from Winnipeg.

Dragoonkin, do I know you? There can't be that many of us.
Horsemen
I live in Calgary. I do not have a private game going at this time or a member of a group that has a game going but I am the FanPro Commando for the city so I can be found at least once a month at the Sentry Box running SR Missions and on occasion other SR events.
TheQuestionMan
Hoi Chummers, this is kinda listing of Shadowrun Gamers in the Lower Mainland. So sound off and let everybody know.

That's a minimum of 61 Shadowrun Gamers so far. No reason you cannot find a SHADOWRUN game.

Shadowrunner List:
1. TheQuestionMan - Port Moody
2. Mallet
3. Stevenowen82 - Maple Ridge
4. SRNae
5. migo
6. monnolith
7. Baron Solar
8. de4dmeta1
9. Dimitrio - Abottsford
10. monnolith
11. ruth_n_alan
12. Bogey - Surrey
13. Ocirs - Vancouver
14. Hideyoshi - North Delta
15. Blackgoat
16. Tekdragon
17. Nephyte
18. Last_of_the_Great_Mikeys
19. Bighunk23
20. PaladinLord
21. Lazerus
22. Augustus
23. Silvermain
24. Drill Sergeant
25. Nystril
26. Digital Heroin - Victoria
27. Zombie - Victoria
28. Club
29. Mega_Conan
30. TheTurtleMoves
31. JakeMorley
32. ucfvlamj
33. Emperor
34. ch0k1ng
35. Rasputin X
36. PharaohWizard
37. Lowendz113
38. ramadawn
39. stonwulfe
40. xaos
41. 00Bogey55
42. Rithien
43. Faylar
44. Doc Krimson
45. SidarCrand - Islander (Knowldgable One)
46. ucfvlamj
47. neelix510 -
48. Oakenkeg -
49. Drace
50. Calamity
51. Riekas
52. BlakeR
53. TekDragon
54. ucfvlamj
55. Withyco
56. Lorka
57. iKON
58. SlayWraith
59. Kitsune
60. CTDahl
61. Volrick
62. <Reserved for you>

Cheers

QM
Meriss
I'm in Ontario, so I don't count. My GM and one of the players in a PbP game in Welcome to the Shadows are both in Calgary thou. smile.gif They are imperialus and SyberCat. *waves at the lucky lucky Prarie People*
Unarmed
I'm from Calgary too, and we do run a regular group but it's already kinda large at 7 people. We might have a few drop out which would mean there might be some open spots, but I can't say for certain.

I heard a rumor that the Sentry Box is moving... can anyone confirm this?
Auggie
QUOTE (TheQuestionMan)
22. Augustus

Heya!

On the list I am "Augustus" but its "Auggie" now (system wouldn't send me password for the old account so I made this one awhile back).

QuestionMan: Its "Eddie" isn't it? Not 100% sure... I think its been about 10-11 years since last we spoke (at either an ICE meet or at the game store I was working at)

Anyhow, I don't know about including me in the list anymore... you might need to update it. This is the first time I've logged in here since January 2005 (2.5 years ago - a few different reasons I stopped coming by).

I think for me its been about 7 years since I did ANY role playing games.

I've never really lost interest in gaming... I actually came by here because I was thinking of picking up the SR4 rulebook and maybe 1 or 2 others for some reading material so wanted to get a general idea of what was going on of late in the Shadowrun universe.

But for me that doesn't mean I'll ever hop behind the GM screen again... just a case of "gotta see whats new out there"
Large Mike
Are there any Edmontonian Dumpshockers? I just got sent to CFB Edmonton indefinatly, and I need players/someone that isn't Infanteers to hang out with.
pbangarth
Add me to the list ... in Whitecourt, AB.
TBRMInsanity
Here to represent the Queen city.
Horsemen
There is a newer SR agent for the demo program that should be joining the forums shortly though he may already be here as I was on a bit of a break.

Hopefully, he'll sound off shortly and start posting event info.

So that puts two agents in Calgary now. We'd be most happy to see any of you at an event and if you are coming out to Calgary, let me know ahead of time and with enough warning we can likely get a game going.
Horsemen
There is a newer SR agent for the demo program that should be joining the forums shortly though he may already be here as I was on a bit of a break.

Hopefully, he'll sound off shortly and start posting event info.

So that puts two agents in Calgary now. We'd be most happy to see any of you at an event and if you are coming out to Calgary, let me know ahead of time and with enough warning we can likely get a game going.
CanadianWolverine
Newbie hailing/ranging from Nanaimo, BC. So that puts Ladysmith and Parksville, even possibly Port Alberni and Duncan within reasonable time frame of driving distance. Also have connections to Ucluelet and Tofino.

It doesn't even have to be a IRL meet and greet, perhaps even preferred, the 1s and 0s travel cheaper and find breaks in the schedule easier. I just need more people to storytell time with, you know? Here's hoping for a SR4A PC RPG similar to NWN/2 to bring GMs and players together.
Mantis
In Vancouver. Looking for a player or 2 to join my game. Prefer older payers. SR 4 campaign currently based out of Denver but get used to moving around. We play once week on Saturdays (yea what a way to spend your Saturday). Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and we do a meet a greet and see what happens. Newbies to SR welcome (they always add something weird and interesting to a game).
ScooterinAB
I'm also one of those stetson wearing Calgary folks. I'll be back in the city in June (from Japan), probably living in the Centre Street area (not sure what the name is, but near 16 ave ).

As for Edmonton, my old haunt roams in the area (Spruce Grove). They're all a little odd, and only started dabbling in Shadowrun while I was there over the summer, but their a good group. I also know a Canadian Forces guy that calls the area home. If anyone there is looking for a game, send me a PM and I can put you in contact with them.
Kanadyets
Hey there, sorry to resurrect the thread but since I'm new here and this is exactly what I was looking for I figured it was a superior option to starting a new one.

I'm from Southern SK and looking for a game. I prefer to run, but I'm quite happy to GM if you don't mind a green GM. Noticed that I'm not the only one from the place that rhymes with fun, so that's a plus, but I'm also often in the Bridge City so I can play there too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012