Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Daddy's Girl
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Ecclesiastes
A while back I proposed a run called Daddy's Girl. Unfortunately my life got messed up and I had to put it on the back burner. Well, I'm back and ready to rock. I'm not gunna worry about newbie players or whatever, anyone is welcome. If you are one of my friends on here who have read the module already, sorry guys, but you're out.

Give me 125 BP characters. Unlimited edges and flaws (but if you get cheezy I'll smack you). Standard starting gear limits.
HMHVV Hunter
What's it about?
Ecclesiastes
Seattle. A team is getting hired for something. Ya know... a shadowrun. wink.gif
kevyn668
Deadline?
Ecclesiastes
Lets have the characters in by Friday the 8th. A week should be enough time. If you need a little more and can give me a solid concept, I'm sure we can work something out if need be.
Shadow
I've got an old school Street Sam who wants in. I'll email him to you and you can tell me what you think.

Where do we send characters?
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, see, its been too long since I've GMed. I forgot all the good stuff.

ecclesiastes76(at)yahoo(dot)com
Ecclesiastes
Oh and just so you guys know, the reason I'm not giving a bunch of details on the story, is cause I don't want to ruin the surprise. Well, I guess I can tell you that you'll be sent to get a kidnap victim.
Nikoli
I have a combat mage concept I'll toss together and send out. Any preference on format?
Ecclesiastes
English would be good.
Tanka
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
English would be good.

rotfl.gif

Sorry, I just couldn't resist laughing at that and then disappearing from the thread. grinbig.gif
Nikoli
Heh, Engilsh, I'm not familiar with that file format, is that in McMackie or what?
Ol' Scratch
I can't possibly resist any post with a subject including "Daddy's Girl" in it. I'll try to remember how to build a character and submit something to you as soon as I can.
Ecclesiastes
Sorry, its the April Fools in me. Yeah, English. McMackie, txt file, Word, whatever. As long as it has stats on it and is at least somewhat orderly so I can read it, then I'll take it.
Ol' Scratch
I'm so going to write mine in Pig Latin.
Ecclesiastes
The scarey thing is... I think you actually would do it just to bug me.
Nikoli
funny, I was thinking Farsi or Kanji, but that would take forever to translate.
Kiedo
Cool, I wanted to get in the the first time around, but this time I'm not going to submit a school teacher who's family was slain, lol.

I'll work on something and have it to you today or tommorow, in english.
Ecclesiastes
Anymay Hankstay.
Ecclesiastes
One more thing. Everyone gets a free Fixer contact named Leo Gettz. If you want to make him a buddy, it'll cost you 5k to upgrade.
Aes
I still have the PC I built for the last incarnation of this thread sitting somewhere. But seeing as I converted her to run in Snatch & Grab, I should probably cook up something new. Any word on the "flavour" we're going for? Street punks? Something that could easily pass for corp sec? Bunch of magi with foci up the wazoo? Dikoted troll-shifter faces in ruthetium boxer shorts?
Ecclesiastes
Well, like I said, you are being hired to find and bring back a kidnaped kid. Take it from there, if you think you have a reason for a troll-slasher, run it past me. If you need some direction, Faces , Detectives, some combat (Shadow has a lot of that covered)... a decker could be usful, but don't go hard core decker, cause I really simplify things for decking. Unless you want to play Otaku, cause I love those buggers.
Ol' Scratch
If it helps anyone, I'm working on a Hermetic Sorcerer with a fetish for fetishes.
Aes
Mmmm... I'll see if I can cook something up. I'm tempted to offer Chromed Lady to the group, but I'll see what everyone else comes up with first. No need to add another elven face to the mix unless everyone else runs around without any social skills. I think I've used up my quota of those for the foreseeable future. smile.gif
Nikoli
Doc Funk, if you want the mage muscle, i think I'll go adept.
Kiedo
I was going to do an adept, but since your going to I guess I'll go with the detective/face of the group, who also is a small time bounty hunter.

[edit] is surge okay?
Aes
Mmm... I'm balancing an elven druid or adept on the path of the warriot concept against a human shaman on his way towards burn-out presently. How many people you need for the run? It seems there's already a pretty complete team here. I can't really think of anything my PC could add that someone else isn't already doing.
Nikoli
Well, I was thinking Path of the Invisible.
Shadow
Eclipse is a hardcore gunaphile. He will have that area of combat covered. That leaves close combat, explosives and B&E.
Nikoli
Well Arthur is a B&E type guy
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Doc Funk, if you want the mage muscle, i think I'll go adept.

Sure. smile.gif
Streak
Just wondering:

1) Do you still have room for another memember?
2) I have played SR2 and am currently Gming an SR3 group weekly, but I am a newbie to this online RPing, so is it going to be chat based or forum based?

Will send you character/concept as soon as i find out availability and terms.

Thanks!

Ol' Scratch
While I'm not the GM, I think I can answer these.

1) I'm pretty sure he's accepting all applications until his rough deadline of next Friday, so send one in!
2) It will be forum-based.
Johnson
I will have something to book in but the 8th for you perusal
Raiko
I'll be sending in a "techie / surveillence expert" character, he should hopefully be useful in this scenario.

He can handle drone rigging, and while he's not a real decker he can do matrix searches and has a couple of database "contacts."

He can also blow things up. biggrin.gif
Leowulf
Do you still have the version of Ghost Dragon that I sent you?
Ecclesiastes
Nope, I don't have any of the old character sheets.
Zraith
On the 125 BP, do you add edge points on to that? i.e. say I have impulsive and lightning reflexes, that gives me 127 BP. That's how my friend does it when he GM's, just checking to see if you do or not.
Nikoli
Sorry guys, gotta bow out of this one. some family stuff, nothing serious, just personal. Have fun.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Zraith)
On the 125 BP, do you add edge points on to that? i.e. say I have impulsive and lightning reflexes, that gives me 127 BP. That's how my friend does it when he GM's, just checking to see if you do or not.

Yeah. Thats just how they work. Not how I do them, thats how the book does them. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Sorry guys, gotta bow out of this one. some family stuff, nothing serious, just personal. Have fun.

No problem man. Hope everything works out.
Zraith
Anyone have a preference on what type of charecter I should play? I've had most my experience with adepts, but I could probably wing just about anything but a decker.
Ecclesiastes
Submit whatever you would like to play Zraith. I'll likely get more submissions than I'm willing to take into the game and will have the unfortunate task of picking people to play and people that don't get to play. However, I do like letting a few 'newbies' in on my games to try to get new people interested in the forums, so you may have a better chance than you think.

Everyone: Its Weds and I've only received one character so far. Anyone need anything from me? Any more questions or whatever?

Just for a reminder, the email to send the characters to is ecclesiastes76(at)yahoo(dot)com
Shadow
Looks like I might be flying solo on this one...
Fortune
I'll send something. Probably non-magical for a change. smile.gif
Aes
I had backed out, thinking every slot were already taken. If you're short on players, I'll cook something up though.
Ecclesiastes
One day left to get characters in. Shadow and Fortune are on board, both with cyber-sams (though of different flavors).
Fortune
Color me surprised. I figured you would balk at Flare. smile.gif
Aes
I'll have a character once I get home. Since you already got yourself a pair of cyber-people, I'll see if I can cook up an awakened. Probably physad, since I'm not all that well-versed with astral rules. (And I'm terribly afraid what Fortune would do to me if I made a poor magician wink.gif)
Tashio
Gonna submit my nordic mage, and a half complete Otaku should be done by tomorrow though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012