Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PBEMing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
TinkerGnome
I'd do it here, but my past attempts at running a game through a board have been disasterous. If you're interested, drop by here.
Bira
Can you give us a little more information on the game before we sign up to the mailing list smile.gif ?
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, like what the heck PBEMing is?
Bira
PBEM means Play By E-Mail... I think I could join a game like that, but I'd like to know what will be the tone of the campaign and such before I commit to joining the YahooGroup.
TinkerGnome
Bira is right about the nature of PBEM (play by mail, what most people do on this board is commonly called PBP or Play By Post). I travel a lot so I'm not generally able to stay online for long periods of time on the road (but I can download mail without a problem, write my replies, and upload them) so I don't do very well in a PBP format.

The tone of the game will start semi-street level (a young team of Shadowrunners) and rise from there to possibly cover older modules and the like. I'll open up the archives to non-members of the group so you're free to pop by and read the post where I answer this in more specific terms a bit.
Drain Brain
TinkerGnome - I'd definately be interested...

I played PBEM for two years with a (don't hurt me please!) Trek group until it disolved. I really enjoy the methodology - although I've become quite partial to PBP too...

Can you give me any sort of ideas on precisely what you'd be looking for in terms of cast? I'm easy (oo-er) but I tend toward ROLE playing characters rather than ROLL playing numbers. And as you may have noticed from shadowrun/idiots guide to the matrix, I'm not too confident with the 'Trix rules...

NightWind
I'm game if you need one more for the road.

NightWind
TinkerGnome
Nightwind filled the group. Everyone else is free to come lurk if they want or, as usually happens in PBEMs, slots should open eventually.
Dark Scrier
If it isn't already taken, I'd like to put my hand up for next available spot.
Chance359
Any room left?
TinkerGnome
PM me or drop by the group if you're interested. I'm starting smaller, faster paced games as well as the main one.
simonw2000
I want to play as a rigger who steals cars on the side. Post if you want more info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012