Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simsense?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Link

Sony Playstation 7 is on the way!

(hope the link works, never set one before!)
Crimsondude 2.0
I am quite impressed at them patenting a concept which is purely theoretical and not even based on any actual science or, what's it called, "research."

Wow.
fistandantilus4.0
Early bird?
Crimsondude 2.0
It's worse than patenting mitosis. At least mitosis exists. For the PTO to approve this would be like my filing an application to build a light saber on no other principle than, "I saw it in Star Wars."
fistandantilus4.0
Then think of it more as advertising/publicity. That's most likely all it amounts to at this point. Still interesting that they're actually looking at it though.
hobgoblin
if they get this working then we have the missing piece to making true cyberware. point is that while we have stuff now that can react to the brains signals they cant yet feed signals back to the brain. therefor the user dont get the feedback effect they would get if say they where moving their real arm.

with this tech (if it works) comboed with a eeg (or whatever it called) cap you can in theory create trode interface to just about anything. and when they have the ultrasound signals worked out they can in theory move on to doing it with implants. this should give the user better resolution then with the ultrasound system as you can allmost target individual cells.

still, im a bit surprised that they can get a patent at this early stage...
fistandantilus4.0
Then you have stuff like this chip:

chip link

pulled from another thread, and the 'cyber eye' links from a week ago. It's just interesting seeing possible progress to cyber, sim, decking (sorry, isn't it hacking now wink.gif ), etc.
hobgoblin
deckeing, hacking, who cares. its just and advanced deck made to used purely with DNI but not requiring a RAS override. add a wireless link, size it so you can hang it in your belt and presto.

then you take it one step further and build in a general purpose RF system so that you can pick up and send anything from simple radio to high bandwidth data transmissions. now your starting to walk on the drone rigger turf.

then all you need is the right software and the ability to work with a VCR implant and you have a walking rigger/decker nyahnyah.gif

command drones and agents at the same time wink.gif
DexRiley
Wasn't something like this part of the initial advertising campaign for the PS2?
hobgoblin
hell if i know.

btw, slashdot have a story right now about using electrodes to detect nerve traffic in the throat and neck to in fact pick up speech without a microphone.

anyone up for a cyberphone? most likely only good for voice calls and sms unless you get a cybercam implant for your eyes nyahnyah.gif
Kesh
QUOTE (DexRiley)
Wasn't something like this part of the initial advertising campaign for the PS2?

I'm pretty sure it was an April Fool's joke shortly after the PS2 was announced. smile.gif
torzzzzz
I herd about this one through Biomed, we were told that it will be in tv's sending microwaves to the brain to simulate the sensation of smell!

would be cool if it works however we are all aware of the damage microwaves can do to us (mobile phones) so i don't think it will happen in a hurry!

torz x cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012