Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Hang Outs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Mace)
and the insanely fast elf with the twin Supermach 100's ...

Hey, I know that elf!

I haven't gotten around to building it on SL yet because ... because ... but I wrote a story set at a jazz bar in Tacoma based on one of my favorite bars in Madrid. One of my PCs is a huge jazz buff (couldn't resist) and she preferred it to Matchstick's because, "it was played-out."

I also liked Club Olympia, which is a strip club in Fort Lewis (I know, a strip club near a military base? Crazy!) with great ambience and not-too-watered-down drinks.
Nikoli
Murphy's Law check in
lorthazar
QUOTE (ElFenrir)
I like the Doc Hack's idea as well, hehehe...that's clever.

Thank you.

It is nice to know that some of my moments of true perversity are appreciated.
Weredigo
With each group a new bar/club/meeting ground is born.

If I have it planned for the meet to get ugly I take them to one of the old places that we've created.

If I don't have it planned to get ugly I'll have the meet set at a place out of the Seattle Sourcebook.
Birdy
There is always "The drunken Elf", a seedy bar in the redlight district. There is always one, whereever the player are. It's name changes with the local language (So most of the times it's the "Zum betrunkenen Elf") and the bar is always the same:

+ Bad lighting, smoke and a general "could use a cleaning" feel
+ The slightly "slimy" looking elf barkeeper that uses the same old rag to wipe the bar and the glasses
+ A few elfen winos in the back of the room or in a side alley close by
+ A few cheap elven "ladies of the night" and their Ork "protector"

The drinks are watered down and overpriced and the ladies are "well used and not properly maintained".

Birdy
Smiley
QUOTE (Birdy)
(So most of the times it's the "Zum betrunkenen Elf")

The drunken eleven?
toturi
A Laundry and Cafe called Fu Leng's. If you do not play both Spycraft CCG and L5R, you won't get the reference.
Birdy
QUOTE (Smiley)
QUOTE (Birdy @ Apr 22 2005, 06:42 AM)
(So most of the times it's the "Zum betrunkenen Elf")

The drunken eleven?

Elf (With capital E) aka Fey, Alb, Alben means that race (Homo sapiens asshole err nobilis)

elf (with minor e) means eleven.

Birdy
Nikoli
For San Francisco, there's always the Drunken Yak, which was a real bar at one time. Run by some folks connected to some nice, well dressed asian men from what I recall...
DragginSPADE
QUOTE (toturi)
A Laundry and Cafe called Fu Leng's. If you do not play both Spycraft CCG and L5R, you won't get the reference.

Don't forget Deadlands.
toturi
QUOTE (DragginSPADE @ Apr 23 2005, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (toturi @ Apr 22 2005, 08:22 AM)

Don't forget Deadlands.

biggrin.gif You wanna be paid in ghostrock? Or nuyen?
Mortax
We usually meet at Penumbra, though the drunkent clam, howling coyote, Erma's, and the occasional Starbucks.
The Archimage
I made up a homebrewed place - The Magic Lantern - as a throw-away locale for one session. It was a poorly-lit lesbian bar, and it took most of the players no fewer than three Perceptions Tests to notice they were the only males there. I thought the resulting awkwardness would be funny. Fast forward ten sessions, and one of the players has done enough favors for the owners to make the whole group honorary regulars. Everytime we start a new game, it is now the first place any new group checks out. nyahnyah.gif
Swing Kid
Wow, I am gonna use that
Yakko
Hang with Swing Kid at Ninja Burger. He's my boy!!
Swing Kid
Wazzup Yakk?

Ninja Burger rules.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012