Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michigan, Oakland County... Looking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Gynkoba
Been out of the SR shadows for a while and Im getting sick and tired of D&D (talk alot play very little) games.

Anyone in the Oakland Tri-County area running any games?

Streak
Running a game on sundays ... 1pm to 6pm ... 3 out of 4 sundays a month .... looking for one more player ... but it is in Davison MI, zipcode 48463. message me if interested

Streak
Gynkoba
Thanks fort the offer.. but its about an hour outside my driving distance. If Gas was cheaper I might consider it..

Thanks for the offer.

Gynkoba
Umbrage
Novi, MI here; also looking for a good GM.

Haven't touched the game in over a decade, but the bug's bitten me again. I have yet to brush up on the SR3 rules, but I'm planning on getting the player's guide very soon.
Gynkoba
Well shoot me an email or chat me if you get somthing together.

I am extreamly rusty.. and I havent looked at the SR3 rules since they came out. Been playing way too much 7th sea.

Gynkoba
macbean
I'm not running a game but would be interested if someone else was. I work in Southfield so I'm in the area.

Gynkoba
Well thats 3. Now if we can only find a GM

Gynkoba

p.s. Welcome on board chummer
killifish
Man, I'd love to play, but I'm in downtown Ann Arbor and I don't have a car.
Frater Inominatus
Hoi Chummers!
I am the newest Fanpro Commando in Michigan and I am looking for gamers. Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

1. Where are you located?

2. How often do you game?

3. Is there an RPG store in your area that sells Shadowrun material? Do they also have space for games to be played?

4. What are the addresses, phone numbers, etc...?

5. Would you be interested in playing in the Shadowrun Missions campaign?

Thanks for you time!

F.I.
Umbrage
I'm in Novi and I don't game enough. wink.gif

There's a decent gaming store called Phoenix Rising in Waterford. Their SR selection is a bit slim (I just about cleaned them out), but that's not surprising considering the fact that SR isn't the hottest fad. The gaming area is like 3x the size of their showroom, but I've never asked about using it.

I don't know what the Shadowrun Missions campaign is; but I've also been out of the SR loop since the very early 90's and I'm just now trying to get back into it.

Hope that helps.
Gynkoba

Frater Inominatus,

Glad to have you on board... and the answers you requested.

Livonia

Probably once every 2 weeks.. unless its weekly. Hey its gamming and any ammount over once a quarter is good!

3. Is there an RPG store in your area that sells Shadowrun material? Do they also have space for games to be played?
There is netural Ground in westland I belive. Its on Middlebelt just south of Ford road. Not sure about the SR selection but they have plenty of tables to sign up for. Ann Arbor has The Underground has a decient selection and I belive they have some tables for gamming. But there is always someone playing. I belive that Boarders Books in Novi has SR books. Unknown how many or version. My guess is not much.

Email me and we will work it out from there Gynkoba at Gmail dot Com (sorry for the break up of the address I hate spam)

Im sure that anything SR at this point would be fun!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Gynkoba
Overwatch
Hoi Chummers.

It seems it's time for me to come out of the woodwork.

It looks like Gynkoba has got a good thing started here. I used to GM Shadowrun, but it became a scheduling nightmare, and withered on the vine. I would love to play in some ones game locally. And now that we have an actual FanPro Commando on board.. and mention of Missions... Here I am smile.gif

1. I'm located in the boonies about half an hour north of Ann Arbor. And I work and play in farmington/Novi. Pretty much any place within half an hour 45 minutes drive of any of those places would be fine with me.

2. I haven't gamed in quite some time. When I did, it was weekly or fortnightly.

3. The only stores I know of that sell shadowrun books AND have gaming space are the Underworld in Ann Arbor, and Pheonix Rising that was mentioned earlier. The people at Underworld are very cool, and I'm sure something could be worked out by way of scheduling table time. I know Books Connection in Livonia sells SR books, but they haven't had role playing space in there for quite some time. The Alcove Hobby Shop in Royal Oak used to have both SR books and tables, but I believe they have since moved/gone OoB.

4. When you ask for addresses/phone numbers, do you want that info for potential players, or are you looking for contact info for the above mentioned stores? Either way, flag me down at OverwatchREMOVETHISPART@Gmail.com and I'll send you my own info, plus that for all the shops mentioned in my post, and the other ones in the thread as well.

5. absolutely! I've been wanting to check out Missions for some time. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and would love to get involved.

Keep me posted on developements, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and my gmail inbox.
killifish
Where is this Underworld in Ann Arbor located? I've been having trouble finding a decent gaming store (I thought I wouldn't have any problems in a university town...)

Ann Arbor (close to downtown). But I split my weeks between Ann Arbor and Manchester (village, about 25 miles southwest of Ann Arbor).

After moving here in March I haven't gamed a single game. frown.gif

I've only found Phoenix Games on S. Fourth Av. in Ann Arbor. They are focused on miniature games, but the guy said he would order SR books if there was something specific I wanted.

Phoenix Games
210 S. Fourth Av.
Ann Arbor

Phone: (734)-996-2444

You bet! But I'm only in Michigan until the middle of August, so I can't make long-term committments. And I don't have a car, so I can't get out of Ann Arbor to play unless the busses can take me there. I think they go to Dexter and Chelsea.
Umbrage
QUOTE (Gynkoba)
I belive that Boarders Books in Novi has SR books. Unknown how many or version. My guess is not much.

I was just there last week and combed through their (limited) gaming section. Plently of the requisite D&D, some BattleTech, but no SR frown.gif
Overwatch
Killifish, you can find the Underworld here

http://www.underworldcomics.com/tour.php?P...315b059cf1ad13b

killifish
Thanks for the tip. I went there and unfortunately the place is going out of business (rent too high). The good news is that they have 30% off all roleplaying books and 50% off all used. I picked up a spare copy of the main rulebook and some used stuff (Rigger Black Book, Shadowtech). They still have a little bit of SR left, and some really really worn used stuff (I can't remember it all, but it was pretty mundane stuff like Grimoire, Sprawl Sites, Fields of Fire. And when I say really worn I mean Really Worn).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012