Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And if it fails?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Fortune
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
I hate trolls and dwarves. I hate using them, thinking about them, or acknowledging their existence in SR.

I can totally relate to that. smile.gif
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Paul)
And if it fails? What happens if SR4 flops?

Rocks fall. Everyone dies.
Critias
QUOTE (Aardvark892)
Crimsondude, I'd be careful on that issue only in that there are real dwarves, and I know of at least one that plays Shadowrun. This is just to help keep you from getting flamed. It shouldn't have to be said that you were talking about SR races, and not real life little people, but you know how it is today. Cheers.

Why?

What are they gonna do about it? wink.gif
Sandoval Smith
It's not the RL dwarves he should be worried about insulting, it's the RL trolls... wobble.gif
Aardvark892
I understand he was talking about SR, and I'm sure everyone else here does too. Working in the military nowadays gets me paranoid about saying the wrong things about the wrong people, and I overreacted to his post. Sorry Crimsondude; not trying to pick a fight.
Crimsondude 2.0
I didn't think you were.
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (tanka)
It won't fail, as there are enough people that will buy it if only for the world material that it contains. Those people will then strip and reverse-engineer what FanPro did to make it usable in SR3 and continue with that system.

And you can bet there will be plenty of websites with that sort of reverse-engineered source. I already know one or two people, personally, that are going to do it no matter if they like the new system or not.

Have to second this post. If it sucks I will just reverse engineer the stuff to fit my game. Truthfully, I play SR3 with SR2 guts. Its mostly SR3 but with stuff I like from SR2. So if ti fails, Ill be playing SR3.2.4 smile.gif
veriSIMILAR
QUOTE (Aardvark892)
Crimsondude, I'd be careful on that issue only in that there are real dwarves, and I know of at least one that plays Shadowrun. This is just to help keep you from getting flamed. It shouldn't have to be said that you were talking about SR races, and not real life little people, but you know how it is today. Cheers.

This seems like an overly sensitive comment, I'm sure a real life dwarf would know exactly what he was talking about... this is probably why SR has "Dwarfs" not dwarves.
Grimtooth
If it fails my goup has decided to just use the story line and retrofit everything else to 3rd

If it Seriously bombs, there's always Alternity.

If it hits the toilet and floats, LETS ALL PLAY RIFTS!!!!!
Shadow
QUOTE (Grimtooth)

I only ever played it once but it seemed cool.

SpeedFreak
Guys, FanPro is not going for the D20 crowd with SR4.
Look at the new mechanics and then look at the new WoD...

FanPro is looking to cross with White Wolf not WoTC.
Crimsondude 2.0
Is that supposed to be a good thing?
Pthgar
If it keeps Fanpro and WK making a game I like, yes, it is a good thing.

Really, I've never played any WoD games (unless you count Trinity) but I've played SR with those that have. In my experience (anecdotal evidence warining!) they are superior role players to those who come into SR straight from D20 games. If there is an influx of new people like the WoD players I've done SR with than it's not only a good thing, but a very good thing.

I'm an SR snob, but not much of one. wink.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (SpeedFreak)
Guys, FanPro is not going for the D20 crowd with SR4.
Look at the new mechanics and then look at the new WoD...

FanPro is looking to cross with White Wolf not WoTC.

This I don't get. Why does having a similar dice mechanism mean you are targeting that game's players? That is about as silly as SR4=LARP. wobble.gif
Grimtooth
Shadow Posted: Apr 25 2005, 08:29 PM   
On my signal, unleash hell!
Group: Dumpshocked

QUOTE (Grimtooth)

I only ever played it once but it seemed cool.

Very cool
Grinder
What's Alternity for a settng? SciFi?
Garland
It's for basically anything you want. The PHB includes rules and equipment for every era from Stone Age to Space Opera Future. Pretty ambitious, really.
Grimtooth
Alternity is/was a sci fi based game.

It could be hard scifi or cinematic

it also included rules for alternte dimensions (Like Sliders), FX (magic), and Psionics.

Dark*Matter was the conspiracy ridden modern setting.
Tomahawk
That's the problem with Grimtooth...he seems to like the games best that I dislike (outside of Shadowrun) grinbig.gif
Grimtooth
Tomahawk just likes to bash my pet games that's what his problem is biggrin.gif
Tomahawk
Well Glitterboy's did in Rifts for me.

As far as alternity...it's actually not that bad...just parts seem a bit clunky at times smile.gif
Grimtooth
You're clunky sleepy.gif

the only reason the GB's did it for you was because you are a roleplayer and the GB was a roll-player.

Take that!
Tomahawk
I think you meant the GB wasn't a roleplayer wink.gif

Grimtooth
Bah same diff twirl.gif
Panzergeist
The answer is simple: SR5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012